Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #31
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
I think replacing ET with a Smurfs attraction is LAME..I also think they could come up with a better idea than re-theming the kidzone to Smurfs..I grew up with them and honestly didn't care for them then and I sure as heck don't now..My 9 yr old also has no interest..Now Spongebob I love and could easily see potential with that
Latest rumour is the ET is not going anywhere but it will receive a huge updating. I sure hope that is true because it is a classic dark ride for the entire family.

I think though, that if they are doing a big redo of Kidzone, they should relocate the entrance to ET through the Cafe La Bamba area so that it feels more like you are entering through the Hollywood section of the park instead of the Kidzone section.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #32
glocon
DIS Veteran

I just don't see Smurfs as a big name draw. Maybe it's because I have a 16yo boy who was never into them. Are Smurfs popular once again? I agree that Smurfs are kind of lame.

Maybe something with Scooby... How come they have Scooby and Shaggy driving around in the Mysterymobile, but no ride or attraction with them... maybe like a funhouse or something.

With all the great things happening over there, I would hate to see a lame-o project like the Smurfs go in.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #33
ChrisFL
Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

I have faith in UNI, I don't really remember them replacing a really good attraction with one from a questionable franchise yet (IMO)......things could always change though.

Disney Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS
ChrisFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #34
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Return of Kong

Orlando United has reported that Disaster will be replaced by King Kong with opening slated for summer 2015.

What do you think about this news?
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #35
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

I for one am thrilled!

Merging with current speculation thread.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #36
2BigKIdz
Is it still winter!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Canada's Wonderland has the Dinosaurs Alive but I haven't been through it yet. Triceratops Encounter was really cool. It was a walk though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVDDWhwO5Is
Thanks for the link! The first time we visited IOA was in 2003 and I don't remember that attraction maybe we skipped over it or it wasn't there any longer.

We really liked Dinosaurs Alive, the dinosaurs were very impressive! My 3 year old son is crazy for dinosaurs so we really enjoyed his reaction to them. We go to Kings Dominion in VA but I see Wonderland is also a Cedar Fair park so I am sure they are very similar.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #37
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Location: Originally Scotland, Now in Cleveland, NE England, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocon View Post
Maybe something with Scooby... How come they have Scooby and Shaggy driving around in the Mysterymobile, but no ride or attraction with them... maybe like a funhouse or something.

With all the great things happening over there, I would hate to see a lame-o project like the Smurfs go in.
I would love to see something with Scooby Doo and the gang....who doesn`t love Scooby??

Have no interest in the Smurfs, then I don`t suppose it`s being aimed at me if it`s going to be in the kiddy area?

But very excited about King Kong.......I never experienced the original either and have seen lots of people comment on how good it was. So looking forward to that in the future
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
schumigirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #38
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

I got to experience the original Kongfrontation several times after the Studios first opened. I am truly excited to be able to see the big fellow again! I do hope they base the AA on the Peter Jackson version of Kong, though.

At least they gave SDMT a 25 day head start...
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #39
glocon
DIS Veteran

I really like the Peter Jackson King Kong, but even if it is based on the original KK it should be cool. We never got to experience Kongfrontation so we are excited about the new KK ride.

Still hoping for no Smurfs, but like Shumigirl said, it is not aimed at me, but little kids.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #40
truck1
Growing older but not up.

I did a little looking the other day to see if anyone else mentioned the US plans.The only thing I could find was I think Screamscape saying that KK was thought to be going to IOA. Acording to the report, IOA has room for it.

To a certain extent, it kind of makes sense, on the assumption that KK is coming back in that it could tie into JP. Just thinking a little bit. If I remember correctly, KK battled a Trex in 1 of the movies.

Also, just before Transformers went into technical rehearsals, I was talking with a few TMs. Nobody had heard that BeetleJuice or Disaster was going away anytime soon. (especialy since 1 of the TMs gf was a huge fan and has seen the show numerous times daily, and knows the cast) He ementioned the same thing that my wife said that his gf would turn in her AP if they evertook BJ out. We talked a little bit on what we thought was the likely rides or attractions. ET and Terminator was on top of the list for varying reasons. Along with Fear Factor.

With that said, theres apparently a sequel to Beetlejuice being produced,(at least in the development stage) with Michael Keaton in mind, along with Tim Burton directing. At the moment the sequel is still listed as in development. It would be kind of counter productive assuming that that the sequel does get made, to remove a show that is based on the original. I could see the show getting moved to a new theatre to alleviate some of the current issues the theatre has now on the assumtion that disaster is going away.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #41
Mnementh
I like the Steelers almost as much as I like ole whats her name
I thought she was describing her screen name

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Wouldn't be top on my list either. A minion land or a Bikini Bottom Spongebob land would be better, in my opinion.
I loved the Smurfs as a kid, but those movies look terrible. Never saw the first and have no intention of seeing the second, either. Smurfs are old news.

As far as ET goes, it's one of my wife's favorite rides in US and I know she'd be disappointed if they replaced it. Concerning the ride itself, I could take it or leave it, but one thing I can say is it has one of my favorite queues of any attraction anywhere.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: