Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #11
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

It's funny - one of my main complaints about our time in ports mirrors yours about the other cruisers on the boat: so many rude people! I'm sorry you were so "boxed in" on Tracy Arm day. We didn't find that on our cruise, but then again we were hanging out at midship, on the port side. The captain did a full turn so all sides were able to get a spectacular view.

We found in the ports that people behaved this way. I was standing in line at the Skagway brewing company, politely waiting my turn, when some guy bustled right through me to get to the hostess. I was like, REALLY? It was like that in almost every store I visited. I had a list of stores I wanted to visit but after a few experiences like that we threw in the towel and returned to the ship. The shopkeepers were really grumpy as well.

Some people seem to have that attitude of "it's all about me" when they are on vacation. They seem to forget that the rest of us paid a great deal of money to enjoy a vacation as well! Or perhaps they don't forget - they just don't care?

I think the character thing is the luck of the draw. I've been on some cruises where they are everywhere, and others where I rarely see them. Once, Pirate Stitch came into the movie theatre and sat down to watch! And another time we ran into Belle in the hallway, returning from Storytime at the kids' club. She was alone, and reached to sit my daughter down in her lap so I could take a photo without my even asking. No one else was around at all, we just got lucky. Sometimes it's just about being in the right place at the right time.

Enjoy your holiday!
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alaska, alaska 2013, alaska cruise, alaska trip reports, dcl alaska

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: