Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #1546
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

I agree with you Jen the castle at Christmas time is so beautiful. You can never have too many pictures of it in all of its' Chirstmas lights.
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #1547
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm behind on everyone's TR, so my comments will be short. I agree with you, I think the greenish blue castle with the Dream Lights is the prettiest. But really, all of them are gorgeous.

LOL @ crazy Abby. I'm sure you were glad to only get to hear the story afterwards and not have to live it.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #1548
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

The photos were stunning. I am sorry that you felt unwell. What the shame that the noise from the race kept you awake.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #1549
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I'm glad Abby got her Santa Mickey lol sorry bout the princess do.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #1550
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

COP is one of my faves. I did get stuck once. It is weird seeing a scene twice. Some find it a place to nap.
Beautiful night pics.
LOL her eyes were glowing.
Loved all the Christmas decoration pics.
scottny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #1551
coneygoil
Mouseketeer

Like I said on facebook, Kona's is very, very good. Just by comparing your pics and description from Ohana's to Kona's, the food at Kona's even LOOKS way more appetizing! And you probably have a bigger selection too. I got a bacon cheese hamburger with a special mayo sauce on it and it was delicious! But I'm sure if you're unsure of the sauce, they'll put it on the side. The desserts were amazing too. I got a chocolate lava cake thing...I'd so get it again! Hopefully you'll be able to try Kona's one day (we did lunch) and enjoy it better

Seeing your niece do well at BBB makes me hope that my Cady would do well there too. She'll be almost 3 or 3 when we go again and I'd like her to experience it at least once. Cady loves wearing Claire's old Minnie Mouse costume I bought from you. It's still kind of big for her, but she worn it the past couple trips and is so adorable in it

Zorro Gets The Ladies (10-2-09 MNSSHP)
Hopping a Plane Alone with a Toddler...Yep, I'm Crazy (Jan. '13 TR)
Cast Member Appreciation! In memory of Mr. Bob who worked on Main Street USA
coneygoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #1552
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Bummer you were not feeling well at the end of the night. Disney is a tough trip when you don't feel well. The Wine and Dine half marathon was going on that weekend and it starts and ends at Epcot, there is also a huge finish line party that I think stays open til 3 or 4 am! I cannot believe it was that loud though! I have started bringing ear plugs on vacation with me. Two of my last three trips I have traveled with chronic snorers, not sure what is worse, loud music or loud snoring!
Yes, they seemed to have a different race each day or night, but this was the only night we had issues. I do believe this was the half marathon night. You ran it, didn't you?
I probably would take this over a loud snorer though. This was only 1 night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer00 View Post
I agree with you Jen the castle at Christmas time is so beautiful. You can never have too many pictures of it in all of its' Chirstmas lights.
It is gorgeous, and yes, you can't have enough pictures....ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm behind on everyone's TR, so my comments will be short. I agree with you, I think the greenish blue castle with the Dream Lights is the prettiest. But really, all of them are gorgeous.

LOL @ crazy Abby. I'm sure you were glad to only get to hear the story afterwards and not have to live it.
It's just so pretty ....and magical.
Abby is a wild thing. She gets in trouble at day care and it cracks me up. One time she got in trouble for eating out of the garbage. She had lunch, but I guess the food in there looked better. Gail was so embarrassed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
The photos were stunning. I am sorry that you felt unwell. What the shame that the noise from the race kept you awake.

Corinna
It really sucked feeling ill. I am glad it wasn't any worse...been there and done that many years ago with my older 2. We had a Disney/Universal trip and on our Universal day I got super sick. So sick that I ran to the bathroom and threw up there. (I wonder how many people can brag they trhew up at Universal Studios. ). Luckily my Mom was with me on that trip. They took me back to the hotel and then the 3 of them went back to the park and had a great time and I selpt all day long. I was able to do some stuff at Disney the next day, but we only had a 1/2 day and then we left to drive home. I was still week and my poor mom drove most of the way home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I'm glad Abby got her Santa Mickey lol sorry bout the princess do.
We are all glad she got her Santa bucket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
COP is one of my faves. I did get stuck once. It is weird seeing a scene twice. Some find it a place to nap.
Beautiful night pics.
LOL her eyes were glowing.
Loved all the Christmas decoration pics.
I have to admit, it is starting to grow on me more. Not a favorite, but it is a nice spot to cool off and really not THAT bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneygoil View Post
Like I said on facebook, Kona's is very, very good. Just by comparing your pics and description from Ohana's to Kona's, the food at Kona's even LOOKS way more appetizing! And you probably have a bigger selection too. I got a bacon cheese hamburger with a special mayo sauce on it and it was delicious! But I'm sure if you're unsure of the sauce, they'll put it on the side. The desserts were amazing too. I got a chocolate lava cake thing...I'd so get it again! Hopefully you'll be able to try Kona's one day (we did lunch) and enjoy it better

Seeing your niece do well at BBB makes me hope that my Cady would do well there too. She'll be almost 3 or 3 when we go again and I'd like her to experience it at least once. Cady loves wearing Claire's old Minnie Mouse costume I bought from you. It's still kind of big for her, but she worn it the past couple trips and is so adorable in it
So many people are telling me Kona is better. I need to fit it in sometime. I really want to do it with Skip, so we need to get him on board for a trip in the near future.
I am so happy she is enjoying that dress. I loved it, and I hate selling any dress, but what the heck will I do with a closet full of too small dresses. Mary Poppins is too small now, but I am holding on for now. Just in case I have a grand child, or Abby goes when she is an age to fit it.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:25 AM   #1553
sarahhchan
Mouseketeer

LOL Seriously, I think I've read every single one of your trip reports! ^^" Except the new updates on this one!

Disney Wonder - Alaska - August 2014 Cunard Queen Elizabeth - Greek Isles & Holy Land - November 2013 "Live From" Trip Report
Holland America Volendam - Alaska - May 2013 "Live From" Trip Report Review
Disney Wonder - Alaska - August 2011 Review Celebrity Mercury - Alaska - August 2010
Diamond Princess - Repositioning Vancouver to San Francisco - May 2006 Radiance of the Seas - Pacific Northwest - September 2002
Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas - Nov 1997 Carnival Jubilee - Mexican Riviera - Sept 1997

Visit my travel picture blog HERE Visit my trip report blog; Sarah Travels HERE
sarahhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #1554
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Yes, they seemed to have a different race each day or night, but this was the only night we had issues. I do believe this was the half marathon night. You ran it, didn't you?
I probably would take this over a loud snorer though. This was only 1 night!
I ran the 5K. It was only my second race after knee surgery (second in a week actually lol), so there was no way I would be ready to run 13 at that point. I am running it this year, trying to get the coast to coast medal! I somehow conned my sister into running Disneyland with me Labor day weekend. I think she agreed because I said she would get a medal and Id buy her a park ticket lol.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #1555
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

My internet is out. What a pain this has been. It should be fixed sometime tomorrow, so hopefully by Wed I can get back to posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahhchan View Post
LOL Seriously, I think I've read every single one of your trip reports! ^^" Except the new updates on this one!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
I ran the 5K. It was only my second race after knee surgery (second in a week actually lol), so there was no way I would be ready to run 13 at that point. I am running it this year, trying to get the coast to coast medal! I somehow conned my sister into running Disneyland with me Labor day weekend. I think she agreed because I said she would get a medal and Id buy her a park ticket lol.
You are a brave girl! I'm glad you made up your mind to do it though and got through it!
Heck I hate running, but if you bought my ticket, I would even think about it. LOL
Old 07-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #1556
MEK
DIS Veteran

OMG Jen. I am still cracking up over Abby's possession! Too freaking funny. Is she still obsessed with the Mickey popcorn holder?

I absolutely love your night time pictures. They are so clear and perfect, especially the tea cup pictures.

Ugh to the race announcer. I would HATE that. Next time - ear plugs!

I hope you feel better in the morning. It stinks to be getting sick on vacation.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #1557
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OMG Jen. I am still cracking up over Abby's possession! Too freaking funny. Is she still obsessed with the Mickey popcorn holder?

I absolutely love your night time pictures. They are so clear and perfect, especially the tea cup pictures.

Ugh to the race announcer. I would HATE that. Next time - ear plugs!

I hope you feel better in the morning. It stinks to be getting sick on vacation.
I do truly believe there was some possession going on there. proof in the picture.

Thanks. I have pretty good night pictures and some really bad ones too.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #1558
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

While the internet was out, I had extra time on my hands so I edited many non vacation pictures that were piling up. (I also did quite a few vacation pictures as well)

I thought I would share my fireworks shots. These are just the ones we did at my parents house. It's hard for me to get them framed just right, because basically I would have to stand in the cornfield next to the house to be far enough back to catch it all. So with knowledge that I am not willing to do that and this is just for fun and practice, this is what i took.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: