Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Fantasmic meal question

Thinking about getting an ADR for HBD around 6 pm on a day when Fantasmic will likely be scheduled for 9 pm.

While it's theoretically possible to get a 6 pm Fantasmic dinner package, I've found that, in practice, it's very difficult to book a Fantasmic ADR at HBD for this late (typically, only much earlier, i.e., lunch, time slots are available). On the other hand, getting a regular ADR at 6 pm at HDR is usually not a problem.

So my question is, if I really want to eat at HBD around 6 pm and can't get a Fantasmic dinner package for this time, can I just book a regular ADR and then ask the server if they have any passes for Fantasmic left (anyone ever tried this)? If so, what are my odds of getting one?

(FWIW, this is predicted to be a 3 day on the Touring Plans crowd calendar).
Old 07-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

Sorry, but the priority seating tickets are ONLY given out as part of the Fantasmic dining package.

We've found that most of the times available for "dinner" are actually midafternoon. This is probably to avoid the scenario where you have to wait a long time before being seated, experience slow service or otherwise potentially finish too late to head over to the show.
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHSweb79 View Post
Sorry, but the priority seating tickets are ONLY given out as part of the Fantasmic dining package.

We've found that most of the times available for "dinner" are actually midafternoon. This is probably to avoid the scenario where you have to wait a long time before being seated, experience slow service or otherwise potentially finish too late to head over to the show.
I wish they would call it the 'Fantasmic Lunch Package.'

OP - you can certainly try but I'd not plan on it at all. If you're really wanting those reserved seats you should book the dinner package. Also as an aside since you didn't say when you're going, the dinner package only includes passes to the first Fantasmic show. Usually another reason why the seating is, at the latest, 4:45p.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

I've gotten twice a 5:00 pm Fantasmic package at HBD when F is at 8 pm. I don't know if they have later ones for when Fantasmic is at 9 pm, but 5 pm is not a bad time to have dinner. Especially considering that it takes about 1.5 hours to go through app+entree+dessert.

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
mullysisters
Mouseketeer

Late Lunch/early dinner?

We could only get 3:35pm ADR for the Fantasmic package at HBD. I assume we will be ordering off the dinner menu? I think it's a bit ridiculous but hey, I didn't have to book it. I saw Fantasmic last February, went as a solo and had a great seat. I want my Dsis to see it on our next trip in Oct. The show is at 7:00pm I think.

May 2014 - AoA solo trip!
Next trip 2015, spring or December? Hopefully with DSis.
mullysisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #6
Dani C
DIS Veteran

My HBD ressie is for 5:55 with the 9:00 Fantasmic, so don't give up.

Dani C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #7
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullysisters View Post
We could only get 3:35pm ADR for the Fantasmic package at HBD. I assume we will be ordering off the dinner menu?
HBD has the same menu all day long.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: