Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #16
CamColt
Only thinks she’s not losing it
Mom gone wild!
I really feel like I have a good grip on things now
B1 BINGO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJo66 View Post

Palo Brunch is my favorite meal on the cruise!
I'll second this! I even prefer brunch over dinner.

CamColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #17
fairfax
DIS Veteran

Another vote here for Palo brunch, it's the best meal on the ship IMO
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #18
OrcaPotter
Lucky to be local to the Mouse

I'm going to be in a very small minority that is going to say it wasn't worth it. Or scratch that, it's worth it to try once. I did both the dinner and brunch on my Alaskan cruise and while both meals were very good, they didn't blow me away like I expected. I guess my expectations were incredibly high after reading all the rave reviews on this board, but I didn't find the dinner any better than the MDR meals. The brunch was very good and I enjoyed experimenting, but I was pretty full pretty quickly and didn't stay nearly as long as others seem to. There was nothing I just had to go back for seconds for, and the grape pizza everyone touts on here, while different and tasty, just didn't blow me away.

I'd say Palo is great to experience once, but I won't be going out of my way to book either the dinner or the brunch again. I think if I were traveling with friends or others who want to try it, I'd talk them out of the dinner but agree to do brunch again.

It's really only great for couples with children to escape the children, I think that's the real appeal.
OrcaPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #19
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I love it and can't wait to go again. DH, however, wasn't impressed and would happily forego it on all future cruises. He's a really picky eater so none of the food appealed to him. I'm very adventurous so I loved the variety. I say do it at least once just to see if its for you. It's only $20.

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #20
AJA55

Always has some spare pixie dust to offer a friend!
Need input

I think it depends what type of person you are. I love brunch.

Sitting, talking, noshing, and drinking champagne with a great view. This is my idea of indulgent relaxing.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #21
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

I don't really enjoy the food in the mdr although I do enjoy the mealtimes with the family. Much prefer the palo food and would eat there as often as possible if it didn't mean giving up family time. Although the mdr food is just so so at best (to me), I have enjoyed my meals there because of the experience and being with my family
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #22
PegIra
DIS Veteran

Palo Brunch

Any meal at Palo's is worth it !!!!!!!!!!
PegIra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #23
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Thank you all so much I have booked it :-)
You will not regret it!!!! Absolutely the best . I want to do another cruise just to go to Palo brunch.

DH DW DD DS
davale4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:42 AM   #24
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davale4 View Post

You will not regret it!!!! Absolutely the best . I want to do another cruise just to go to Palo brunch.
That's a good testimony we can't wait now :-) b2b cruise just for brunch. I bet you are spoilt on transatlantic lol...
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #25
Tara619
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcaPotter View Post
I'm going to be in a very small minority that is going to say it wasn't worth it. Or scratch that, it's worth it to try once. I did both the dinner and brunch on my Alaskan cruise and while both meals were very good, they didn't blow me away like I expected. I guess my expectations were incredibly high after reading all the rave reviews on this board, but I didn't find the dinner any better than the MDR meals. The brunch was very good and I enjoyed experimenting, but I was pretty full pretty quickly and didn't stay nearly as long as others seem to. There was nothing I just had to go back for seconds for, and the grape pizza everyone touts on here, while different and tasty, just didn't blow me away.

I'd say Palo is great to experience once, but I won't be going out of my way to book either the dinner or the brunch again. I think if I were traveling with friends or others who want to try it, I'd talk them out of the dinner but agree to do brunch again.

It's really only great for couples with children to escape the children, I think that's the real appeal.
I agree with everything you said. We did brunch last Thursday.

June 27-July 4, 2015 Disney Fantasy
June 22-29, 2013 Disney Fantasy
June 9-15, 2009 All Star Movies
April 10-17, 2004 Disney Magic
May 30-June 2, 2002 Disney Wonder
Tara619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #26
clten
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcaPotter View Post

I wonder if the problem is the team running Palo on the Wonder. We don't always do Palo -- we just don't find the food that fabulous and we have never gotten spectacular service that others have raved about. But we usually enjoy brunch - even though they have been cutting out the few items that I enjoyed -- stollen bread, fresh berries, etc.

I have to say on the Wonder (on the Pacific Coast cruise) it was not good at all (so much we canceled the one we had on the Alaska sailing). We had selected a later time and when we got there, the whole buffet was picked over and not replenished well the whole time we were there. The response from the matre 'd: We should have dined at 10am when they first opened. We have to contend with an apricot allergy, which was noted in the reservation (and we did go to dining assignments at the start of the cruise to discuss and make sure it was noted) but seems to be sloughed off as not as important as shellfish, wheat, nut, etc. But after a 15 minute wait to check on possible allergy problems, we were told every pastry is brushed with an apricot glaze so just to avoid them. To us, spectacular service would have been, "We saw your allergy, knew you wouldn't be able to have any of the pastries for brunch so have put together this selection for you as an alternative." Nope, just don't take that and you can have the tiramisu for dessert (but it had no ladyfingers in it so how was it tiramisu?) Disappointing in both food and service.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #27
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegIra View Post
Any meal at Palo's is worth it !!!!!!!!!!
At $20 pp any meal at Palo is a bargain & the food is very good as well .
But that's just my 2 cents worth.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: