Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #16
hardhead
Mouseketeer

Thanks, just going to pay oop to not break da rules
hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #17
khaoskat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
Really??? Are we to be concerned about what makes sense to you?

Disney is clear in the DDP brochure (the rules ) that children must order off the childrens menu where available.

What doesn't make sense to YOU?
There are many places in the parks that have NO children's QS meals. I think the reason that they do not distinquish between C QS and A QS is that when it would come to one of those places w/o C QS, how would the system allocate the meals, because technically each meal is an A QS. So, I think for system simplicity they do not distinquish, but expect each guest to be on the honor system.
khaoskat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #18
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

The official policy is that kids have to order from the kids' menu if there is one. However, you may run into some friendly CM's who are willing to make exceptions and bend the rules for you. You have to go into it with a flexible and open mind.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #19
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttintagel
The official policy is that kids have to order from the kids' menu if there is one. However, you may run into some friendly CM's who are willing to make exceptions and bend the rules for you. You have to go into it with a flexible and open mind.
That isn't being "friendly", it's being stupid. More CMs have lost their jobs over DP audits then you can imagine. If a CM goes by the rules they aren't being "unfriendly", they are simply doing their job.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #20
cymbaldiva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2of2 View Post

That isn't being "friendly", it's being stupid. More CMs have lost their jobs over DP audits then you can imagine. If a CM goes by the rules they aren't being "unfriendly", they are simply doing their job.
This - exactly!
Old 07-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #21
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoskat View Post
There are many places in the parks that have NO children's QS meals. I think the reason that they do not distinquish between C QS and A QS is that when it would come to one of those places w/o C QS, how would the system allocate the meals, because technically each meal is an A QS. So, I think for system simplicity they do not distinquish, but expect each guest to be on the honor system.
This is the only explanation that makes sense to me.
This also is the reason DD & I ate dinner at Sommerfest last time. Well, besides that it is delicious, and we have some German blood in us.
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: