Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
tinksgilrs251520
I want to be at WDW

Exclamation I know way early but..... DO you think 2014 Free dinning will be???

Ok so I am throwing up a lot of ways that i can go on vacation and was just wondering whats is everyone's thought of free dinning making a comeback the last two weeks of Augustin 2014?????

tinksgilrs251520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:34 AM   #2
married2mm
DIS Veteran

In the UK,we have free dining for 2014 again- for the majority of the year.
Not at Easter,nor December.

I don't have a crystal ball,but is it likely fd will include August next next year,when it's not available this year- i wouldn't have thought so.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #3
brymolmom
DIS Veteran

My opinion - No.

With FP+ rolled out next year...I think WDW will have all the incentive they need to fill room from that.

I anticipate Free Dining becoming a thing of the past with the exception of RARE occassions.
brymolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #4
darnheather
DIS Veteran

I think it will still be around for September since that is the most difficult time to fill the resorts.

No trips planned for now but fingers crossed for DCL in 2015.
darnheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
In the UK,we have free dining for 2014 again- for the majority of the year.
Not at Easter,nor December.

I don't have a crystal ball,but is it likely fd will include August next next year,when it's not available this year- i wouldn't have thought so.
Is this through a travel agent or Disney directly? Would love for England to be our next duty station.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
papamouse1
Papa Moo Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymolmom View Post
My opinion - No.

With FP+ rolled out next year...I think WDW will have all the incentive they need to fill room from that.

I anticipate Free Dining becoming a thing of the past with the exception of RARE occassions.
Really? You think that FP+ is going to be that big of a draw it will fill rooms during slow seasons? Not saying you are wrong (we are all just guessing so we can all be right ) but I just don't think FP+ is going to offer that much more than the current FP system as far as an incentive to come to Disney World. It will be an OK perk for those who are coming but not an "incentive" ... free dining is about convincing people they can afford it now, so come... FP+ just won't have any affect on people feeling they can afford Disney now.

With that said, I agree that FD may not be back since they have been talking about it for a long time... guess we will see

1999-2005 yearly DLC trips - various non-Disney hotels 2006 - DLC - Paradise Pier Hotel *Joined DVC! 2007 - Disney Cruise & WDW for our 20th wedding anniversary 2008 - DLC - Grand Californian 2009 - WDW- Old Key West & Animal Kingdom-Kidani 2010 - WDW- Beach Club & Animal Kingdom 2011 - Disney Cruise - the new Disney Dream & Holidays @ WDW! BCV & AKV Concierge April 2012 - MR Anniversary Cruise Nov 2012 - DLC to see Holidays & "WoC" May 2013 - Aulani! Aug2013 WDW & Universal Studios March 2013 Travel Agent AEP DCL/WDW
papamouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #7
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

We booked our free dining for Aug. 2013 from a bb offer in August 2012. If free dining is offered as a bb offer this Aug. for Aug. 2014, then I will say there is a good possibility it will be back next year. I guess we'll know in a few months.
Disneylover99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #8
boo1928
Earning My Ears

We've just booked with free dining in August 2014 (uk) now we're just waiting for flights to be released . We can't wait .
boo1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #9
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnheather View Post
Is this through a travel agent or Disney directly? Would love for England to be our next duty station.
Free dining is available with both tas and wdw tc UK direct.
I believe the offer will be available until November 2013.

When are you being relocated?
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
We booked our free dining for Aug. 2013 from a bb offer in August 2012. If free dining is offered as a bb offer this Aug. for Aug. 2014, then I will say there is a good possibility it will be back next year. I guess we'll know in a few months.
Keep in mind that the general public free dining does not start until 9/2 this year.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #11
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Keep in mind that the general public free dining does not start until 9/2 this year.
True....but we are hoping for another fd BB offer this August and pins were sent to some lucky people for the end of August this year. So you never know!
Disneylover99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #12
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
Free dining is available with both tas and wdw tc UK direct.
I believe the offer will be available until November 2013.

When are you being relocated?
Two years from November would be our next reassignment date. However, it's going to have to be a really good location to get me to move again. England, Australia, maybe Italy or Germany.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #13
brymolmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by papamouse1 View Post
Really? You think that FP+ is going to be that big of a draw it will fill rooms during slow seasons? Not saying you are wrong (we are all just guessing so we can all be right ) but I just don't think FP+ is going to offer that much more than the current FP system as far as an incentive to come to Disney World. It will be an OK perk for those who are coming but not an "incentive" ... free dining is about convincing people they can afford it now, so come... FP+ just won't have any affect on people feeling they can afford Disney now.

With that said, I agree that FD may not be back since they have been talking about it for a long time... guess we will see
I think that FP+ either at first or eventually will help fill WDW rooms because of the impact of having FP's. In other words, the benefits for onsite guests will be more significant than offsite guests...Or offsite guests will have to pay for FP's, etc. Similar to Universal STudios - You have to stay onsite to get their "fastpass" for free...otherwise you have to pay for it.

I think that will bring people from offsite to onsite at all times of the year.
brymolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #14
papamouse1
Papa Moo Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymolmom View Post
I think that FP+ either at first or eventually will help fill WDW rooms because of the impact of having FP's. In other words, the benefits for onsite guests will be more significant than offsite guests...Or offsite guests will have to pay for FP's, etc. Similar to Universal STudios - You have to stay onsite to get their "fastpass" for free...otherwise you have to pay for it.

I think that will bring people from offsite to onsite at all times of the year.
hmmm... OK I can see your point. It makes sense that demand will go up IF Disney eliminates the FP system as it is now and goes to a Univ system. The question that everybody is still asking is will FP as we know it completely disappear? Will they keep both FP anf FP+ around for awhile? (this seems to be the most popular theory among the talking heads) Once FP+ gets rolling will they offer it to others besides onsite people, such as 4-Day ticket holders, AP, etc.?

For FP+ to make people want to stay onsite, it will only happen if it is the ONLY FP system available like Universal.

I guess we will have to wait and see

1999-2005 yearly DLC trips - various non-Disney hotels 2006 - DLC - Paradise Pier Hotel *Joined DVC! 2007 - Disney Cruise & WDW for our 20th wedding anniversary 2008 - DLC - Grand Californian 2009 - WDW- Old Key West & Animal Kingdom-Kidani 2010 - WDW- Beach Club & Animal Kingdom 2011 - Disney Cruise - the new Disney Dream & Holidays @ WDW! BCV & AKV Concierge April 2012 - MR Anniversary Cruise Nov 2012 - DLC to see Holidays & "WoC" May 2013 - Aulani! Aug2013 WDW & Universal Studios March 2013 Travel Agent AEP DCL/WDW
papamouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #15
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

I don't think they will ever take away the standard fast pass system for all guests just because they roll out fast pass+.

If they did that you would see a 9000% increase in GAC abuse. EVERYBODY would all of a sudden have autistic kids.

I don't think think they would take away the fast pass system and replace it with something you have to pay for. JMO.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: