Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #31
TinkGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post

Adding to this:

For a Dream 3 & 4 night cruises:
TAKE HOME ALL OF YOUR PHOTO PRINTS FOR ONE PRICE
$229.95

BUY GET THE PICTURE! AND A PHOTOBOOK AND GET A FREE PHOTO DISC
$129.95
Exclusive online offer

BUY GET THE PICTURE! ONLINE AND GET A FREE AUTOGRAPHED CHARACTER PHOTO
10 digital photos - $149.95
15 digital photos - $199.95
All digital photos - $229.95
All digital photos + prints $279.95

For a Wonder & Magic 7 night - the same as the first post, but no photobook option.
If you prepurchase, do you get to choose the photos? Also, what is the onboard price for a digital photo?

POR, DVC since 2005 (SSR, BWV, AKL, BCV, VWL, OKW, HH, BLT), Disney Dream, HR Universal, Gaylord Palms, 2015 Princess 10K
TinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #32
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkGirl View Post
If you prepurchase, do you get to choose the photos? Also, what is the onboard price for a digital photo?
What they usually do with the 10 or 20 digital photos is, you will get the CD (all the photos from the cruise) but with only 10 or 20 of the photos unlocked for your access once home.

If it's still the same onboard, the individual photos (prints) cost $19.95 for the 8x10 (formal photos and roving photographers), and $12.95 for the 6x8 (character photos).

You can't get individual digital photos.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #33
TinkGirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks! Do you know if you get to choose which 15 or 20 are unlocked?

POR, DVC since 2005 (SSR, BWV, AKL, BCV, VWL, OKW, HH, BLT), Disney Dream, HR Universal, Gaylord Palms, 2015 Princess 10K
TinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #34
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkGirl View Post
Thanks! Do you know if you get to choose which 15 or 20 are unlocked?
Well, I know you can if you purchase the CD onboard. Probably the same with the pre-purchase one, also.

Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
Old 06-25-2013, 11:44 PM   #35
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Welcome to Shutters, aboard DCL ....

Always a $ sucker, always will be. Now if the Aquaduck photos worked... then....

Good luck to all.

Fwiw, we choose to purchase onboard, then you know what you are receiving. Of course all packages purchased pre-cruise I'm assuming are refundable. But perhaps not if purchased prior? ? ? In the past IIRC those pre-cruise $ were applied to any current purchases, although no refunds. ? ?

So are they pre-purchased packages refundable in entirety?

TIA
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:28 AM   #36
vmb123
Disney Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeygirl1999 View Post
This might be just me I think that the photo pricing is totally worth it, if you know what you are doing. I make sure anytime I see a photographer I take advantage of it. And I mean always! if there is a ship photographer working thr area we are in their taking our photo. And now, (think only on dream and fantasy) they have facial recognition software, so no matter what photo my kids (or me and my hubby)are in, it goes to our stateroom photos. Also there is always a photographer or two walking around on castaway cay too. Those go to your room too. It's nice to have the professional photos. I am an amateur photographer and mine come out good but they are used to shooting photos in their environment, so theirs come out better. Plus if you start buying photo by the singles you will end up paying as much if you would have just bought the whole package. Also last yea on the the dream they were testing taking photos of guests on the aqua duck, so we had a few of those. You can't take that photo yourself. I love having photos of everything so this something I am totally into. And, last, being the photographer in the family, I get to get in a photo too. Now I still take my camera everywhere but they their photographers are great. That's my take on it. Thanks for reading.
I agree 100% with you...All the pictures are amazing, I like to actually be in them too(my honeymoon looked like my husband went alone). I usually end up not being able to part with any of them and spent a mint on them last year when this was not offered...I am definitely buying the get all package! And I love paying for everything in advance!
vmb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #37
Lukmag812
Earning My Ears

Photos

We went on the Disney Wonder to Alaska last summer and signed up for one price for all photos on the first day of cruise. We took advantage of having pictures taken every time we saw a photographer - it was a good deal. Loved the photos. Thanks!!!
Lukmag812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #38
Castillo Mom
DIS Veteran

I plan on getting the entire package, CD and prints. As several people have posted, the quality is very good and I can be in the picture! I also love the fact that I can pay for this ahead of time.
8/8/09-8/21/09 SSR/AKV Kidani Village
9/24/11-10/5/11 AKV Kidani Village
6/14/12-6/20/12 Disney Dream Double Dip

7/19/12-7/22/12 Hilton Head

7/24/12-7/31/12
Beach Club Resort
Castillo Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #39
dee slack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukmag812 View Post
We went on the Disney Wonder to Alaska last summer and signed up for one price for all photos on the first day of cruise. We took advantage of having pictures taken every time we saw a photographer - it was a good deal. Loved the photos. Thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castillo Mom View Post
I plan on getting the entire package, CD and prints. As several people have posted, the quality is very good and I can be in the picture! I also love the fact that I can pay for this ahead of time.
we got 593 pics on our CD so along with all the prints we feel we got excellent value for $475 as on other lines we've cruised we have had to pay around $25 PER PRINT with no digital options. There was just the 2 of us and it was the 14 night Transatlantic and we had so much fun at all the photo op's.

Disney Vow Renewal Wedding Pavilion Dec 13th 2007
Visited EVERY Disney park on the planet!!

Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer & Canada 05/02 *Florida 12/02*tour of Italy 05/03 *Kenya safari 12/03 *US S'west states 05/04 *Dubai 12/04 *China & HK 05/05 *Barbados & Royal Clipper 12/05 *Sth Africa, Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 05/06 *India 12/ 06 *Iceland 05/07 *Florida 12/07 (VR) & 10/10* Baltic Cruise 05/11*Tanzania safari 12/11 * tour of Turkey 05/12* Japan tour & TDR 10/12* DCL EBTA 5/13 * HKDL, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand & Singapore 04/14 * Norway 5/14
dee slack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #40
nurse2011
Earning My Ears

Quote:
This might be just me I think that the photo pricing is totally worth it, if you know what you are doing. I make sure anytime I see a photographer I take advantage of it. And I mean always! if there is a ship photographer working thr area we are in their taking our photo. And now, (think only on dream and fantasy) they have facial recognition software, so no matter what photo my kids (or me and my hubby)are in, it goes to our stateroom photos. Also there is always a photographer or two walking around on castaway cay too. Those go to your room too. It's nice to have the professional photos. I am an amateur photographer and mine come out good but they are used to shooting photos in their environment, so theirs come out better. Plus if you start buying photo by the singles you will end up paying as much if you would have just bought the whole package. Also last yea on the the dream they were testing taking photos of guests on the aqua duck, so we had a few of those. You can't take that photo yourself. I love having photos of everything so this something I am totally into. And, last, being the photographer in the family, I get to get in a photo too. Now I still take my camera everywhere but they their photographers are great. That's my take on it. Thanks for reading.
I agree. OUr first cruise we did not take advantage of all of the photo opportunities and still had a lot of photos (>100). I ended up purchasing 2 individual prints. It was just my husband and me. Others with families had even more photos! For our next cruise I have budgeted in the photo CD with all of the prints. Really that price is cheaper than us getting professional photos at home & you get character photos. The photos taken by shutters were far superior to any photos that I had taken by random people. I love pictures & they are such a personal souvenir.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #41
Lobofan5
Mouseketeer

This is our 3rd cruise and this time I am going to sign up for the whole package. The photographers ARE great and I think they will also do private photo sessions as well, will have to clarify.

The pictures I have bought in the past have been great memories.

Lobofan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #42
KyCruisinSusan
Proud DVC/AKV Owner

$475 for 593 professional pictures is an amazing price its only $1.25 per photo and I will definetly be taking advantage of this on our EBPC cruise next Sept. This could possibly be the last opportunity that I have to get professional pictures taken with my Mom.

July 03 Wonder 3 Day, BB, MK;
Nov 04 AS Sports 4 Days/ Eastern Magic;
Dec 05 PopCentury;Oct 07 Adult Only PopCentury;
Dec 08 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside
Dec 10 AKV Kidani and BLT Adult Only
July 12 Sweet 16 Boardwalk Girls Only Trip
KyCruisinSusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #43
SILLYANDI
DIS Veteran

Worth Every Penny (and I am a cheapskate!)

Quote:
I agree 110%. I too, thought the price seemed outrageous until I realized that I pay much more than that for one sitting with a professional photographer at home. We bought the package on our last DCL trip (June 2012) and I cannot be happier with the photos we received. I got a package of over 250 pictures of our family from every possible photo op as well as improptu candid moments at dinner, at the pool, on the beach, etc and WAY MORE photos of my kids doing silly things on the Aquaduck than I could have ever hoped for. The best part was that I didn't have to take photos myself so I was in the moment (and the pictures for once!). I also found that the photographers were more than happy to take requests for certain shots.
The best part is that with the "all your prints" package you could print out as many copies of the photos as you wanted, and they were included in the price. I had copies of my favorites for all of the grand parents AND didn't have to get the kids' annual individual pics (I have fantastic formal and casual shots of each of them as well as several group shots). I wish I was going on a Disney Cruise every year because it was such a great bargain and the kids didn't complain nearly as much as they do when we have to dress up at home and go to a location to have pics taken.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #44
disneycrazy2004
too far away from Disney....

Wondering if the price for pre-purchased photo is the same as the one on the ship, does anyone know? I am interested in purchasing the CD but was gonna wait till we get there, unless it's cheaper to buy it before....
Disney World-first trip-off site 2004 All Star Music-September,2007 Disney Magic-March,2008 All Star Sports-September,2008 Pop Century-August,2009 All Star Movies-December,2009 Pop Century-August,2010 All Star Music-August,2011 Caribbean Beach Resort-August,2011 Disney Magic-March,2012 Port Orleans-Riverside-August,2012 Disney Magic-Summer2013-B2B Med Cruise DVC Saratoga Springs Resort-May,2014 Old Key West-August,2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge-August,2014
disneycrazy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #45
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy2004 View Post
Wondering if the price for pre-purchased photo is the same as the one on the ship, does anyone know? I am interested in purchasing the CD but was gonna wait till we get there, unless it's cheaper to buy it before....
As far as I can tell, the prices are the same as onboard. I think they're just making it so you can pay ahead for these things if you want to.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: