Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
cart-mom
Busy Scout Mom

Question about Le Cellier on DP

I think I am on information overload and have confused myself. My family and I are on the DP and have to do Le Cellier. I could have sworn that I saw that we could get apps because it is a SDE. I know I saw it somewhere but now I don't know where and was looking at something else and don't see it now. I didn't expect to have it anywhere else, just at LC. Just thought it would be nice to try their version of the Cheddar soup (made my own enough times now but would like something to compare it to). I might just have to tell DH to shut up and let me order it if we don't get apps.

Thanks!

Old 06-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart-mom View Post
I think I am on information overload and have confused myself. My family and I are on the DP and have to do Le Cellier. I could have sworn that I saw that we could get apps because it is a SDE. I know I saw it somewhere but now I don't know where and was looking at something else and don't see it now. I didn't expect to have it anywhere else, just at LC. Just thought it would be nice to try their version of the Cheddar soup (made my own enough times now but would like something to compare it to). I might just have to tell DH to shut up and let me order it if we don't get apps.

Thanks!
You don't get apps because its a signature. Only if you have deluxe dining. However, some restaurants have a price fixe menu you can order that includes an appetizer. I know Chefs de France does, not sure about Le Cellier.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
purple figment
DIS Veteran

The regular dining plan (1 TS, 1 CS, 1 Snack) doesn't include appetizers, even at a signature restaurant. Only if you're on the Deluxe Dining Plan would you get an app at lunch and dinner.

Before Le Cellier went to Signature status all day long, the lunch menu used to offer a prix fixe menu and the cheddar cheese soup was included as one of the appetizer options and you could order the prix fixe on the regular dining plan.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #4
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

We haven't gone to a signature restaurant before (went to LeCellier multiple times before) and now that it is 2 credits all day, no cream cheese mashed potatoes and no burger for hubby we don't want to have an entire meal there. We do however want the pretzel bread and soup. Is it okay to make a reservations for apps only then go somewhere else for dinner? We have done it at restaurants before just to get dessert but always a regular restaurant, not signature.

Thanks!

June 2014-POFQ Quick 4 night trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Split Stay. 4 nights FD AKL, 10 nights BCV for F&W

Me DH DD (infant) DS (teen) Ellie :
alicia080979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
honeybunches
That sounds like a cat poster, but it's true

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia080979 View Post
We haven't gone to a signature restaurant before (went to LeCellier multiple times before) and now that it is 2 credits all day, no cream cheese mashed potatoes and no burger for hubby we don't want to have an entire meal there. We do however want the pretzel bread and soup. Is it okay to make a reservations for apps only then go somewhere else for dinner? We have done it at restaurants before just to get dessert but always a regular restaurant, not signature.

Thanks!
If you pay OOP you can order anything you want. We are on the DDP but paying OOP for Le Cellier because it is not worth using 2 credits.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #6
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

Le Cellier: Apps on deluxe plan, or the premium/platinum plans. No apps on the regular plan.

They no longer have the prix fixe.
MakiraMarlena is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: