Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #346
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Ok...my flame-resistant suit is on and no one knows this except for DH... It's taken many pages of this thread for me to work up the courage to admit this, but here goes.

When the meet-and-greet lines are long (and being cut off) to get pictures with characters, I get so annoyed by the time taken up dealing with autograph books.
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #347
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEarrings View Post

Link, please?.....
Sorry, I have no idea how to link to the thread, but the title is "$190 Housekeeping Charge" under DCL. Good luck!
carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #348
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv View Post
Ok...my flame-resistant suit is on and no one knows this except for DH... It's taken many pages of this thread for me to work up the courage to admit this, but here goes.

When the meet-and-greet lines are long (and being cut off) to get pictures with characters, I get so annoyed by the time taken up dealing with autograph books.
Okay, I won't let you take the heat alone.

I confess I don't 'get' the whole autograph thing at all.
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
FergusBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #349
DisneyNurse19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
I confess I am a goody two shoes.
I've never taken food off of the ship (even packaged foods.)
I follow the written dress codes.
I put my bags out when we're supposed to.
I tip at or above expected levels.
I keep my kids out of the quiet cove even if it means backtracking and going downstairs to avoid it.
I don't save seats in the theatre.
And yes, I still have a wonderful cruise!
It is so good to know i am not the only one
Old 06-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #350
wishuponastarforever
I just love coming here and visiting with you

This confession still gives DH and I nightmares. We cruised on the fourth sailing of The Magic in 1998. We had adjoining cabins for our teen aged children and DH and I in the other, both verandahs.

DS, was 15 years old at the time and decided to join us in our cabin by climbing the railing from one verandah to the other. We both froze and held our breath. It never occured to us that anyone would think that was OK. There are special angels who look after teenagers. We were so glad when DCL made a door between verandahs for connecting staterooms As frightning as that is, I wonder if this has happened to others.

Always planning for the next trip
wishuponastarforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #351
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishuponastarforever View Post
This confession still gives DH and I nightmares. We cruised on the fourth sailing of The Magic in 1998. We had adjoining cabins for our teen aged children and DH and I in the other, both verandahs.

DS, was 15 years old at the time and decided to join us in our cabin by climbing the railing from one verandah to the other. We both froze and held our breath. It never occured to us that anyone would think that was OK. There are special angels who look after teenagers. We were so glad when DCL made a door between verandahs for connecting staterooms As frightning as that is, I wonder if this has happened to others.
Wow!!!! I never even thought of that!!!! We had a verandah last time, when our daredevil son was 7. DH worried the whole time... Haven't told him yet that I upgraded us to one for November....
Old 06-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #352
Jerseymomof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxin View Post
Once, we didn't tip the head server. He was horrendous. He was rude to our servers, whom we thought were awesome, and only came by our table once...ONCE...on a 7 day cruise. While I understand that servers (cruise ships, restaurants) work for low wages, that is their choice to employ themselves in that environment, in which tips make up the majority of their wages. Therefore, in order to earn that tip from me, I expect a certain level of service. You are not going to get tipped for bad service, plain and simple. Serve me well, and you will be rewarded above the mandatory/minimum tip level.
Our Head Server was the WORST! I never saw him except for the day I finally sought him out because I had a problem and the waiter said the head server was the one who could fix it.
He did fix it and found me on the last morning to ask me if what he did was satisfactory. It was but if it hadn't been what was he going to do as I was about to walk off the ship?
Old 06-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #353
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

I have been trying to think of my own DCL confessions....

As far as on the ship all I could think of was I really do not enjoy the service or food in the MDR. I go on vacation to relax and have fine dining so I still go to the MDR but I am never impressed and very underwhelmed ( please dont hate me ) lol....but thanks to these boards , now I know I can do Palo more then once if they have availability so I will def try to take advantage of that

My main confession is once I am off the ship..I want to throw a tantrum like my young ones because I dont want to leave! I dont want to go back to dishes, cooking, cleaning, and counting calories I get the cruise blues BAD!

sunryzez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #354
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishuponastarforever View Post

That sounds like something my DS would do. I say boys don't get any brain cells until they are 25

Glad he made it.

Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #355
wdwlover25
Mouseketeer

Just came across this great thread! I have no real confessions except how I dislike the people that save seats (sometimes 1/2 a row - really??) in the theatre and how happy I am to have a boy when passing the crazy long lines for the princesses!
wdwlover25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #356
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Ok I have held this in long enough and I know I am going to get it but here it goes. I was once asked why I never did a FE. My answer: Cause I think it is stupid. There you go. Go ahead let me have it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #357
ludari
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
Ok I have held this in long enough and I know I am going to get it but here it goes. I was once asked why I never did a FE. My answer: Cause I think it is stupid. There you go. Go ahead let me have it.

I did it on my first Disney cruise and never since.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014; Pixie Dust Challenge & 5K-May 2015
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #358
mwins78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludari View Post

I did it on my first Disney cruise and never since.
Can u sure why you haven't done it again?? This I my third cruise first time signing up for The FE .

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
mwins78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #359
jczosack
Pixie Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post

I agree with you. A lot of money is spent on these things and it seems that everyone is trying to outdo the other. Besides, I would never want to spend all that time and effort delivering everything.......when I'm on vacation, I don't want to think about anything!!!! I guess for some, it gives the kids something to do but I don't understand the adults wanting to participate, I'll buy my own gifts on the ship.
jczosack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #360
missjudit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo View Post
So there I was just looking over the balcony into the ocean when I got pelted with some grapes! I turned to look up and "wham"! Right in the kisser with, of all things, an iron!
I was steamed.
I took off for the elevators and rode up one floor when I realized I didn't have a murder weapon. Spying an open door, I went into the cabin and took the red pillow off the bed.
Still dazed from taking an iron off the old coconut, I'm not sure I got the right room but I did what I came to do.
On the walk back, I was still carrying the pillow. Not wanting to get caught with the murder weapon, I threw it under a bed of an open cabin...

I amstill laughing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: