Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
hardhead
Mouseketeer

Quickservice plan for kids?

Was thinking of doing the quickservice plan on our next trip. Do kids have to order a kids meal or can they get anything off the menu? My son usually likes to order an adult meal.
hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

On a DP children have to order off the childrens menu if one is available
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

Actually, using QS credits, you can use them for any meals, regardless of whether it's a kids or adult meal. I always wondered why they list the QS credits differently than the TS credits on the printout they give you at check in. For the QS meal allotments, they are all listed together and not separated between 'adult' and 'child', whereas for the TS credits they are separated into two sections. Also, anytime you get a receipt from a CS place at the bottom it would say '18 CS meals remaining' whereas on the TS receipt it would say '9 Adult TS/ 9 Child TS remaining'.

I kept wondering about it. So, eventually I started ordering an adult meal at QS locations for my oldest daughter. At BOG at lunch there was nothing on the kids menu they would like, so I ordered 4 'adult' meals and I never had a problem with it!

Similarly, an adult, who does not have a big appetite etc. can order off of the childrens menu at QS places.

Me(35) DH(35) DD(10) & DD(7)

discookiemonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
SEA333
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by discookiemonsta View Post
Actually, using QS credits, you can use them for any meals, regardless of whether it's a kids or adult meal. I always wondered why they list the QS credits differently than the TS credits on the printout they give you at check in. For the QS meal allotments, they are all listed together and not separated between 'adult' and 'child', whereas for the TS credits they are separated into two sections. Also, anytime you get a receipt from a CS place at the bottom it would say '18 CS meals remaining' whereas on the TS receipt it would say '9 Adult TS/ 9 Child TS remaining'.

I kept wondering about it. So, eventually I started ordering an adult meal at QS locations for my oldest daughter. At BOG at lunch there was nothing on the kids menu they would like, so I ordered 4 'adult' meals and I never had a problem with it!

Similarly, an adult, who does not have a big appetite etc. can order off of the childrens menu at QS places.
Ooohhh.....don't say that too loud here!
SEA333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #5
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It is true that CS credits are not separated adult/child, but Disney's official word is that children have to order from the children's menu when one is available.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #6
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA333 View Post
Ooohhh.....don't say that too loud here!
Why? I only go off of what my receipts tell me. IF Disney wanted there to be a differentiation between Adult and Child CS meals, then they would have it written it like that on the receipt, correct? Why not? They use that system for TS, right?

Old 06-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #7
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
It is true that CS credits are not separated adult/child, but Disney's official word is that children have to order from the children's menu when one is available.
Which brings me back to my point - if that is their official word then why do they not have them listed separately on the receipt?

It just doesn't make any sense to me, if that was their intention?!

Old 06-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #8
cymbaldiva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Which brings me back to my point - if that is their official word then why do they not have them listed separately on the receipt?

Not to be rude, but it really doesn't matter that it doesn't make sense to you. Disney's official policy is that if there is a kid's menu available, that is the menu children are to order from - period.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #9
Martyap
Mouseketeer

We Would Use CS Credits to Our Advantage

We are going next month with 4 kids.....7, 9, 9, 10 years old. We paid adult prices for the ten year old. If it is true that CS meals are not delineated adult/child why should it matter if once in a while the other kids selected a lunch item from the "adult" options or the 10 year old selected from the kid's choices.

If what you are explaining CS credits are NOT designated adult/child like TS credits.
Martyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #10
ashearer
Mouseketeer

Most kids will order from kids menu I think.sometimes there's just so much food that I shared adult meal with my daughter anyway and then used spare CS credits for breakfast.On saying that kids menu becomes so boring as its almost the same everywhere she might want to order from adult choices sometimes next visit.
ashearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

CS dining credits are not separated on the bottom of the receipts, but the KTTW cards do indicate how many adults and children there are on your plan. So technically, the CM handling your order can refuse to charge more adult or children meals than you are entitled to at one time. It's possible that some CMs won't care and will let you charge more than you're allowed to by the rules, but there is no guarantee that will happen every time.

See question 3 of the last page of the dining plan brochure:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...2013Dining.pdf
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #12
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Really??? Are we to be concerned about what makes sense to you?

Disney is clear in the DDP brochure (the rules ) that children must order off the childrens menu where available.

What doesn't make sense to YOU?

Last edited by Hopefully; 06-30-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Hopefully is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #13
ses1230
DIS Veteran

It matters because it is the rule Disney has set up for their plan. I guess the reason is that CS meals are more expensive than kids meals, but I can't say for sure.

CS credits are not separated but kids are supposed to order from the children's menu. They are the facts, anyone can do what they will with that information, but talking about going around Disney's rules will get this thread closed.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #14
Martyap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
CS dining credits are not separated on the bottom of the receipts, but the KTTW cards do indicate how many adults and children there are on your plan. So technically, the CM handling your order can refuse to charge more adult or children meals than you are entitled to at one time. It's possible that some CMs won't care and will let you charge more than you're allowed to by the rules, but there is no guarantee that will happen every time.

See question 3 of the last page of the dining plan brochure:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...2013Dining.pdf
Why would some CM's allow you to do this if it is such a hard and fast "rule?"
Martyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #15
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyap View Post
Why would some CM's allow you to do this if it is such a hard and fast "rule?"
Because not all CMs are aware of the rules...you'll find CMs that suggest you give your left over TS credits to some other guest, which is also clearly against the rules...you might also come across a CM that is being "nice" and letting you bend the rules. Either way, it's still written in the rules that children must order from the children's menu when available when using a DDP credit. So I think it's better to assume that you won't be able to use more credits than your allowed to than to find out you'll have to pay OOP for one or more meals.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: