DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #16
collections
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol2338 View Post
We also received an email on 6/6 that said our information was sent to Disney and that it could take 2-4 weeks to be in the system. We haven't received a letter with our member number on it. I called member services today and he could not find our name in the system.

Has anyone that closed around the same time received their letter? This will be our first contract.

Thanks!
I'm the OP and although the 6/5 e-mail I received from Fidelity said 2 to 4 weeks, I was actually in the the Disney system by 6/14 (just 9 days later).
I called members services on 6/14 and the castmember I spoke to confirmed my info, gave me my membership number and talked me through setting up my online account.
The letter with my membership number came on 6/17. I received my membership cards in the mail on 6/22.

So for me, the wait was far less than 2 to 4 weeks. This was my first contract as well.

Hope your info arrives soon!
collections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #17
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collections View Post
I just received an e-mail from Fidelity telling me that per First American my contract closed on Monday. Then is says :

"Disney has been notified of your new ownership, this will take 2-4 weeks for Disney to enter your info into their system."

The 2-4 weeks was highlighted in blue. I thought it was more like 10 days. Is there really a possibility I won't be in the Disney system until early July?
really

You wouldn't have this problem if you paid 2x as much for points direct

BestDadEver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #18
collections
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestDadEver View Post
really

Certainly worth the $9,000+ that I saved, and in the end it only took 9 days.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #19
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm the OP and although the 6/5 e-mail I received from Fidelity said 2 to 4 weeks, I was actually in the the Disney system by 6/14 (just 9 days later).
I called members services on 6/14 and the castmember I spoke to confirmed my info, gave me my membership number and talked me through setting up my online account.
The letter with my membership number came on 6/17. I received my membership cards in the mail on 6/22.

So for me, the wait was far less than 2 to 4 weeks. This was my first contract as well.

Yea I love it when a plan come together! Enjoy your points!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #20
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestDadEver

really

But they would still probably be on the wait list, waiting for their direct points.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #21
moran66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I just received an e-mail from Fidelity telling me that per First American my contract closed on Monday. Then is says :

"Disney has been notified of your new ownership, this will take 2-4 weeks for Disney to enter your info into their system."

The 2-4 weeks was highlighted in blue. I thought it was more like 10 days. Is there really a possibility I won't be in the Disney system until early July?

I received the exact same email from Fidelity saying the same timeline of 2-4 weeks in blue I closed on 6/17 it took exactly 2 weeks got my letter in the mail yesterday and made reservations yest also.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #22
BTSD
Earning My Ears

Our resale points took 6 business days to show up online, but we haven't received any paperwork yet. We were only able to see it online because it was linked with our initial contract.
BTSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #23
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Do you happen to know how long it took for your deed to record? I am 2 weeks from the first email from fidelity, but our deed JUST closed a couple days ago. My hope is that Disney started the process of getting me into the system once they were notified... and did not wait until the deed recorded.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #24
collections
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Do you happen to know how long it took for your deed to record?
I do. My deed first appeared on the OCC website on 6/5 , with a "in process" notation or something like that. That notation was removed on 6/12 when the deed was final.

Have you called MS to ask if you are in the system?

Hope you can make your Marathon weekend reservation soon!
Old 07-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #25
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I do. My deed first appeared on the OCC website on 6/5 , with a "in process" notation or something like that. That notation was removed on 6/12 when the deed was final.
I was hoping you would not say something like that...

Quote:
Have you called MS to ask if you are in the system?
I have not called MS... I thought they would not give me any info... so didn't want to get frustrated.

Quote:

Hope you can make your Marathon weekend reservation soon!

Thank you! I hope so too!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #26
ImagineerTHAT
Imaginerd

I closed on 7/17, deed recorded 7/18, and Disney claims (based on my contract #) that they received the documents on 7/19.

Today is 7/27 and the contract is still in the sellers names. I'll post when the points move and when I get my letter in the mail.
ImagineerTHAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: