Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #3076
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks View Post
Thanks for the quick response!

1. Thanks. I had it in my head that it was the other restaurant I mentioned!
2. What's a couple of hours? 60 minutes for safari? 90? Does it depend?
3. Thanks!
4. OK...we're driving up from Vero Beach. Appreciate the help.

New Question: Breakfast at Pizzafari is buffet, right?
Yes, it is a buffet for the safari breakfast, and it is very good. They even had someone making custom omlettes. The line got long, so get on it quickly if you want that!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 06-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #3077
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage0306 View Post
I wonder if it used to be that way? I am positive CL rooms have views of the arusha savanna.
Also echoing this. Definitely true.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #3078
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Yes, it is a buffet for the safari breakfast, and it is very good. They even had someone making custom omlettes. The line got long, so get on it quickly if you want that!
Thanks! DH loves custom omlettes so I'll send him there quickly.

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
Old 06-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #3079
Polynesian27
Mouseketeer

Single digits...any advice from recent stays?

Hi All, I can't believe our trip is right around the corner, less than 10 days! Does anyone have any newer tips or tricks for Kidani? Does the bus still stop at Jambo before heading to the parks and stop at Kidani 1st on the way back from the parks? How are the shuttles between Kidani and Jambo? My main quesiton about the shuttle is, how long do you have to wait for the shuttle and is it easy. In other words, do you have to find a bell man who calls the shuttle or is it a clearly marked area where you just get in line? Thanks everyone!!
Old 06-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #3080
ColinCodyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polynesian27
Hi All, I can't believe our trip is right around the corner, less than 10 days! Does anyone have any newer tips or tricks for Kidani? Does the bus still stop at Jambo before heading to the parks and stop at Kidani 1st on the way back from the parks? How are the shuttles between Kidani and Jambo? My main quesiton about the shuttle is, how long do you have to wait for the shuttle and is it easy. In other words, do you have to find a bell man who calls the shuttle or is it a clearly marked area where you just get in line? Thanks everyone!!
All busses except downtown Disney stop at kidani first. We did take the shuttle twice and its a tan van labeled. There was no line and it continuously runs every 7 or so minutes so they don't have to call it. Enjoy!!

2014 Trip: June 25-July 2 AKL
2013 Trip: June 18-22 AKL and June 22-25 AoA
2011 Trip: July 20-23 CR TPV and July 23-26 BLT
2010 Trips: May 1-6 AKL and May 6-9 POP
2009 Trips: May 6-13 AKL Sep.30-Oct.2 WL
2008 Trip: May Caribe Royale
2007 Trip: August Caribe Royale
2001 Trip: OKW
1998 Trip: OKW
Old 06-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #3081
karmacats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi everyone! I need some help with a couple of questions and hope the AKL experts can help me out!

We are going to AKL in late July--our first AKL stay (although we visit every time--love Boma!) and our first ever CL stay!

1. We are doing the Sunrise Safari on July 25. Is breakfast at Pizzafari or Restarauntasaurus afterwards?

2. How long does the safar and breakfast take? Just trying to gauge how soon we could be IN the park!

3. We apparently have the option for online checkin for CL but I thought I read that you shouldn't bother. Thoughts?

4. Do we checkin at the front desk at AKL or is there somewhere else we go at CL guests?

Thanks in advance!
I know some of this has been answered already, but I'm just happy to see a question a relative newbie like me can answer.

1. As others have said, breakfast is a buffet at pizzafari. Just wanted to add that if you're celebrating something, make sure it's on your reservation - DH and I did the sunrise safari on my 40th birthday and I got a special birthday cupcake, and then the CMs felt bad for DH because he didn't have a dessert so they gave him a chocolate mousse (which is what they were giving to people celebrating anniversaries). We split them both, and that mousse was probably the best dessert I ate all trip (which is saying something, seeing as I lived on chocolate croissants and chocolate chip muffins from the CL, and we had dinner at Jiko one night with a dessert sampler, and did the fireworks dessert party too). Also, your guides stay and wander during breakfast, so you can ask them questions if you didn't get a chance on the tour. Ours were great - the red river hogs had had babies, and all the guides had "illegal" pix of them on their phones that they showed us when I told them I loved the hogs.

2. Our whole trip took almost exactly 3 hours, from leaving AKL to leaving the buffet after the safari. We were some of the last ones out of breakfast, though, so you could probably cut it a little shorter if you wanted.

3. I wouldn't bother with online checkin. There was another thread on here (maybe the CL thread?) where a couple people mentioned it caused problems. The CL CMs are great and will have you checked in in no time. Just make sure you put your guesstimated arrival time on the email the IPO sends you, and they will do their best to have a room ready. We got there at 11 a.m. and had our room by noon.

4. When you pull up to the front in your car, there are a number of CMs waiting in front with ipads. Just tell any of them you're CL, and they will take you upstairs to the lounge to check in. When we went through the guard station we got a blue parking permit instead of the usual white one, and we thought maybe that was to alert the valet/bell services folks we were CL, but we still had to ask a CM with an ipad, so maybe not - maybe they were just recycling some colored paper.

5. You will likely be spoiled beyond belief and never want to do non-CL again. Just be prepared. This was supposed to be a once in a lifetime thing for DH and me; now we're staying AKL CL again in Oct and going on the Disney Dream cruise in a CL cabin.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:22 AM   #3082
karmacats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Really? How funny! We have an 8 year old ds so I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see other boys!

Have you stayed CL here before? Wonder if I should request close to the lobby...
Ooops, I see from your later posts you already did online checkin. So, ignore that answer from my last post. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Just FYI, I'm pretty sure all the CL rooms are close to the lobby. I think they're all in the first or second pods of rooms. I actually prefer to be further down the hall - I don't mind the walk, and I find it's a lot quieter - but the CMs told me if I'm staying CL the second pod is as far from the lobby as I could get! Your CL room will be Arusha Savannah view, as long as you're not staying DVC.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:29 AM   #3083
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmacats View Post

I know some of this has been answered already, but I'm just happy to see a question a relative newbie like me can answer.

1. As others have said, breakfast is a buffet at pizzafari. Just wanted to add that if you're celebrating something, make sure it's on your reservation - DH and I did the sunrise safari on my 40th birthday and I got a special birthday cupcake, and then the CMs felt bad for DH because he didn't have a dessert so they gave him a chocolate mousse (which is what they were giving to people celebrating anniversaries). We split them both, and that mousse was probably the best dessert I ate all trip (which is saying something, seeing as I lived on chocolate croissants and chocolate chip muffins from the CL, and we had dinner at Jiko one night with a dessert sampler, and did the fireworks dessert party too). Also, your guides stay and wander during breakfast, so you can ask them questions if you didn't get a chance on the tour. Ours were great - the red river hogs had had babies, and all the guides had "illegal" pix of them on their phones that they showed us when I told them I loved the hogs.

2. Our whole trip took almost exactly 3 hours, from leaving AKL to leaving the buffet after the safari. We were some of the last ones out of breakfast, though, so you could probably cut it a little shorter if you wanted.

3. I wouldn't bother with online checkin. There was another thread on here (maybe the CL thread?) where a couple people mentioned it caused problems. The CL CMs are great and will have you checked in in no time. Just make sure you put your guesstimated arrival time on the email the IPO sends you, and they will do their best to have a room ready. We got there at 11 a.m. and had our room by noon.

4. When you pull up to the front in your car, there are a number of CMs waiting in front with ipads. Just tell any of them you're CL, and they will take you upstairs to the lounge to check in. When we went through the guard station we got a blue parking permit instead of the usual white one, and we thought maybe that was to alert the valet/bell services folks we were CL, but we still had to ask a CM with an ipad, so maybe not - maybe they were just recycling some colored paper.

5. You will likely be spoiled beyond belief and never want to do non-CL again. Just be prepared. This was supposed to be a once in a lifetime thing for DH and me; now we're staying AKL CL again in Oct and going on the Disney Dream cruise in a CL cabin.
Thank you! This is great information! I appreciate all the details.

And actually, I didn't do online checkin. I started it but didn't complete it! Ha!!

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
Old 06-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #3084
karmacats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you! This is great information! I appreciate all the details.

And actually, I didn't do online checkin. I started it but didn't complete it! Ha!!
Glad to help out! And glad I'm not the only one who roams the disboards at 1 a.m.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #3085
Willows909
Mouseketeer

karmacats Quote:
Really? How funny! We have an 8 year old ds so I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see other boys!

Have you stayed CL here before? Wonder if I should request close to the lobby...

Ooops, I see from your later posts you already did online checkin. So, ignore that answer from my last post. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Just FYI, I'm pretty sure all the CL rooms are close to the lobby. I think they're all in the first or second pods of rooms. I actually prefer to be further down the hall - I don't mind the walk, and I find it's a lot quieter - but the CMs told me if I'm staying CL the second pod is as far from the lobby as I could get! Your CL room will be Arusha Savannah view, as long as you're not staying DVC.

I thought some of the CL rooms, (not DVC) were also on the Zebra Trail? Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #3086
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkvol7 View Post
You will have to ask the desk what time the busses start running. We just came home today(from being there all week) and with a regular park opening of 9, I was told they started running at 8. We never went to morning EMH, though.
The buses actually start running at 6:30 every morning. Suprisingly, the front desk CMs don't know much about the bus schedules.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #3087
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Yes, Willows909, some of the CL rooms will be on Zebra Trail -- Savannah view, 4th floor, in the first pod off the lobby. I have stayed CL about a dozen times and more often than not, I've been on Kudu, but have been in a Zebra Trail room on several occasions.

I also want to add for those staying CL and doing the Sunrise Safari: when you get to Pizzafari for the breakfast, everything will be set up - but you must wait for everyone on the Safari to get there (it does take about 5 to 10 minutes); then the Chef will explain the various dishes. Don't rush it - it's an awesome meal!

I agree, siskaren, the buses do start running very early for the early ADR guests () and most front desk CMs don't have any idea of that.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #3088
psac
DIS Veteran

We stayed club and were in the second pod in Zebra trail, close to the elevators between the second and third pod. Great location for going down to the pool or to Mara and a great view. I think closer to the lobby wouldn't have had as good of a view.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:08 AM   #3089
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Hello! We have become official DVC members this past week with AKV! We are planning our trip for June 19th-28th, 2014 and looking forward to learning about the resort!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 07-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #3090
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Hello! We have become official DVC members this past week with AKV! We are planning our trip for June 19th-28th, 2014 and looking forward to learning about the resort!
Oh congrats and welcome! How excited! What a wonderful resort to pick. We have home resort at SSR but just stayed at AKV in May and are totally taken by the place. You are going to love your June visit! How many of you?
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: