Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #826
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
i'm looking @ the resort map and trying to plot a path from the parking lot to what i hope will be 'our' bldg, #7 but it appears you can't get there from here

seriously, just trying to determine approx how long of a walk from the parking lot to the furthermost LM building...it's decide how much luggage we haul in for one night's stay before our cruise.

I'm in shock as to the rate i just paid for a room for 1 night $146.25 but if it makes GD happy it's worth it! Not holding out much hope for AP rate for a marathon weekend in January but even a AAA rate would be appreciated.
Is there a reason you are wanting building 7 instead of building 9, which is closer to the parking lot?

Neither will be terribly far from the parking lot if you are driving, but 9 would be a bit closer.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #827
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Is there a reason you are wanting building 7 instead of building 9, which is closer to the parking lot?

Neither will be terribly far from the parking lot if you are driving, but 9 would be a bit closer.
tripadvisor had posts indicated that requesting buiding 7, lakeview would be best chance for a quiet room with a view of sorts.

Dp you think ten minutes be a fair estimation of possible longest walk to parking lot permimeter?

btw, planning to take my time going thru ur TRlots of great pics

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #828
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
tripadvisor had posts indicated that requesting buiding 7, lakeview would be best chance for a quiet room with a view of sorts.

Dp you think ten minutes be a fair estimation of possible longest walk to parking lot permimeter?

btw, planning to take my time going thru ur TRlots of great pics
Yes, building 7 would have a better view and is probably a little quieter.

I don't think it will take 10 minutes from the parking lot. Just try to park toward the middle of building 9 where the walkway is, so you can walk straight through building 9 into the courtyard, past the pool, past Ursula to the elevators and up to wherever your room is.

I'd love to see you over on my TR. Be sure to say hi! I still have a lot more AoA photos to post. I got sort of sidelined during the spring getting ready for my son's graduation, but I'm ready to get going again. I was only 3 days into a 10 day trip when I had to stop.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #829
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Yes, building 7 would have a better view and is probably a little quieter.

I don't think it will take 10 minutes from the parking lot. Just try to park toward the middle of building 9 where the walkway is, so you can walk straight through building 9 into the courtyard, past the pool, past Ursula to the elevators and up to wherever your room is.

I'd love to see you over on my TR. Be sure to say hi! I still have a lot more AoA photos to post. I got sort of sidelined during the spring getting ready for my son's graduation, but I'm ready to get going again. I was only 3 days into a 10 day trip when I had to stop.
thank you so much for the info! i've already stopped by ur TR, keep up the good work

Old 06-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #830
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thank you so much for the info! i've already stopped by ur TR, keep up the good work
Yeah! Glad to see you over there. Let me know if you have other questions.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #831
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Yeah! Glad to see you over there. Let me know if you have other questions.
thanks

Old 06-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #832
kboyk323
Earning My Ears

staying in LM in spet/oct...any recommendations??
Old 06-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #833
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboyk323 View Post
staying in LM in spet/oct...any recommendations??
Just saw your ticker- I think we'll be there at the same time also in LM If you see a family of 3 (with a little boy going crazy in the cars section, that will be us )

Countdown over Can't wait to get another trip on the calendar!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #834
jennad4
Mouseketeer

Hi all! Thinking of making the switch to AoA this February. I have stayed at POP 4 times and POFQ once. I am going with my hubby and 11 year old daughter who really likes the look of the LM rooms. I am worried about the walk from the room though as I was really spoiled last trip with the small size of POFQ. Any thoughts?
Old 06-29-2013, 06:02 AM   #835
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennad4 View Post
Hi all! Thinking of making the switch to AoA this February. I have stayed at POP 4 times and POFQ once. I am going with my hubby and 11 year old daughter who really likes the look of the LM rooms. I am worried about the walk from the room though as I was really spoiled last trip with the small size of POFQ. Any thoughts?
I have the same concerns and we are going in Aug. Some people on here say the walk isn't that bad and others say it's a long walk after a day in the parks. I guess we won't know until we try it! Does anyone in your group have mobility issues? LM rooms might not be a good choice if that is an issue.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:12 AM   #836
Jetku
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
I have the same concerns and we are going in Aug. Some people on here say the walk isn't that bad and others say it's a long walk after a day in the parks. I guess we won't know until we try it! Does anyone in your group have mobility issues? LM rooms might not be a good choice if that is an issue.
We are here right now in LM and there certainly is a walk! For us, it's not bad and we enjoy it. I can see it being an issue for those with mobility problems.

As for AoA vs a moderate... AoA is fantastic and we love it. We would definitely stay here over all other values. However it "feels" like a value compared to PO resorts. It all depends on what you want! We want both, so we are doing a split stay at AKL!
Jetku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #837
jennad4
Mouseketeer

Well, I just booked AoA LM room for Presidents Week. I was worried that I wouldn't get a room then, so I did a room only. I will add food and tickets later. No one has mobility issues, so we should be OK I hope. If FD or any room discounts come out for that time, we may change resorts if AoA is excluded as it usually is. (2 years ago we had FD for 12 nights at POFQ!) My DD and I spent all morning reading reviews on AoA and looking at pics, and we are soooooo excited!!!
Old 06-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #838
CutiePie516
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutsss View Post
LOVE the luggage tags that were shown on the other thread!!
Which thread was that? It's my families first trip to Disney and I'm very interested to see the luggage tags! 😃
CutiePie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #839
CutiePie516
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
I am going 1 WEEK FROM TODAY!
I'm having a few mood swings between joy and anxiety. Always the case with these big trips!
Here's the pic of the luggage tags again.
Thanks a bunch for the pics!
Old 06-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #840
CutiePie516
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiee37 View Post
Wow

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: