Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #541
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 3,692

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
Sorry everyone, I know this has been asked and answered but I can not find it in the search function. I know you can call the resort 5 days ahead of time to make sure your request has been noted but who do you asked for when they answer the phone. I called the 407-824-3200 but it seemed like it was answered by someone who was not even at the resort. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Laura
You just call the reservation number and talk to any CM. They will mark your request on your reservation so that the room assigners will see it when they make the room assignments. there isn't a direct line to any resort for room preferences. They handle everything through a call center, even calls to housekeeping.
__________________
~ Sue


Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #542
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !
 
Zippa D Doodah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Radiator Springs, NC
Posts: 15,676

Quote:
Originally Posted by disd55 View Post
I wouldn't get your hopes up for an upgrade. They probably did that because you went in August, which isn't a busy time for the resorts. Going around Christmas is Peak and you will most likely only get what you paid for, no more.... But, with Disney, you never know!
Your response reminds me of an etiquette question I have been meaning to ask... After 15+ WDW trips at resorts of all levels I don't recall ever asking for an upgrade or even so much as a change in room. We were given an upgrade from Pop to CSR one time which was a wonderful surprise which we are very grateful for.
We are booked for 5 nights Woods View (last week of September). My family and I will be delighted to stay at WL with that view. Is it rude to ask if any upgrades are available at the time of check-in? This will be a bout the slowest season we have visited WDW and I was wondering if something would be more likely available and if it would not be considered bad Disney manners to ask.
Zippa D Doodah is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #543
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I told him he could stay elsewhere He is actually content now. He does of course mention how hot it will be and the lines will be long. BUT we go early and spend the afternoon at the pool. Brian is completely content chillin' at the lodge The girls are SO jazzed. They all said marshmallow roasts take priority over rides We will have a blast! The CMs at OFC blew away any other CL I have stayed...JMHO
I'm re-quoting you as a way to revise my now obsolete reply to you yesterday. I discovered last night that you changed from WL/CL so ignore my comments about the lounge and instead enjoy the Riverside Mill and Boatwright's (And those beignets next door). The kids are going to love Ol' Man Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
Sorry everyone, I know this has been asked and answered but I can not find it in the search function. I know you can call the resort 5 days ahead of time to make sure your request has been noted but who do you asked for when they answer the phone. I called the 407-824-3200 but it seemed like it was answered by someone who was not even at the resort. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Laura
It's never a problem asking questions here. Wood Nymph is correct that your call "to the resort" never actually goes to the resort. A Call Center in another part of FL answers and if they don't know the answer, they will put you on-hold and call the resort.

For any requests, make sure that you always call the WDTC: (407) W-DISNEY or if you're staying Club Level, just email or call the IPO. In the latter case, your call will actually go directly to the onsite IPO, which in the case of WL is located at the Poly.

I see you arrive in 4 days? Your reservation is usually dropped into the resort's system about 3-5 days prior to arrival. The Room Assignor, as Wood Nymph mentioned, will then see it and assign your room prior to arrival. When you check-in, even if your room isn't ready, the CM will know where it's located and can tell you if your request was able to be met.

Good luck and hava a great vacation! Will you be able to post here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
You just call the reservation number and talk to any CM. They will mark your request on your reservation so that the room assigners will see it when they make the room assignments. there isn't a direct line to any resort for room preferences. They handle everything through a call center, even calls to housekeeping.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
Your response reminds me of an etiquette question I have been meaning to ask... After 15+ WDW trips at resorts of all levels I don't recall ever asking for an upgrade or even so much as a change in room. We were given an upgrade from Pop to CSR one time which was a wonderful surprise which we are very grateful for.
We are booked for 5 nights Woods View (last week of September). My family and I will be delighted to stay at WL with that view. Is it rude to ask if any upgrades are available at the time of check-in? This will be a bout the slowest season we have visited WDW and I was wondering if something would be more likely available and if it would not be considered bad Disney manners to ask.
Ah, WDW etiquette - the subject of many a closed thread

The WL Room Assignors are very generous with upgrades. Having said that, the tactful way to ask to be upgraded, IMHO, is to mention that you think you and your family would just love a (WL) Courtyard View room and you are wondering what the cost difference would be. From what I've read on the DIS, CMs rarely upgrade a guest simply because they have asked. Upgrades are generally made by the Room Assignor 3-5 days prior to arrival. In fact, many front desk CMs don't even realize when a guest has been upgraded by the RA and you often won't even know until you step foot in your room and look out the balcony.

So I would first ask about your room location and if you haven't already been upgraded, ask what the cost difference would be. You can always say, "No, thank you" or it may be a nominal difference and you can upgrade you family as a surprise
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 06-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #544
Buntington
Mouseketeer
 
Buntington's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
The WL Room Assignors are very generous with upgrades. Having said that, the tactful way to ask to be upgraded, IMHO, is to mention that you think you and your family would just love a (WL) Courtyard View room and you are wondering what the cost difference would be. From what I've read on the DIS, CMs rarely upgrade a guest simply because they have asked. Upgrades are generally made by the Room Assignor 3-5 days prior to arrival. In fact, many front desk CMs don't even realize when a guest has been upgraded by the RA and you often won't even know until you step foot in your room and look out the balcony.

So I would first ask about your room location and if you haven't already been upgraded, ask what the cost difference would be. You can always say, "No, thank you" or it may be a nominal difference and you can upgrade you family as a surprise
We've been upgraded every time we've stayed at WL. We have never directly asked, though. The first couple of times we didn't even put any requests in our reservation! The last time we stayed there, in 2011, we asked for a room near the elevator because my mom is disabled and my grandma was 83, so walking long distances wasn't great for her even though she was mobile. We ended up with a courtyard view instead of standard and we were right next to the elevators. A poster upthread mentioned that it is unlikely to happen at peak times, but one of our previous upgrades was the week before xmas. That being said, I definitely wouldn't expect or count on an upgrade.
__________________
Me DH DS, six months H.L. Mencken The Bunting
Yearly trips, CR, WL, and Poly, 1986-1997
WL Xmas 2002, BC 2003, WL 6th Anniversary 2011, Epcot Day Trip 2012
Planning Baby's First Trip December 2014!
Buntington is offline  
Old 06-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #545
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buntington View Post

We've been upgraded every time we've stayed at WL. We have never directly asked, though. The first couple of times we didn't even put any requests in our reservation! The last time we stayed there, in 2011, we asked for a room near the elevator because my mom is disabled and my grandma was 83, so walking long distances wasn't great for her even though she was mobile. We ended up with a courtyard view instead of standard and we were right next to the elevators. A poster upthread mentioned that it is unlikely to happen at peak times, but one of our previous upgrades was the week before xmas. That being said, I definitely wouldn't expect or count on an upgrade.
I totally agree. We also have been upgraded every time, and never asked. I assume the room assignors will do the best they can for us, and we have always been happy.

With that being said, we book Standard view because we would be fine with any WL room. If we get anything nicer it is a plus, but we don't expect an upgrade and therefore won't be disappointed if we don't get one.
GrandCalifornian is offline  
Old 06-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #546
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,370

I've been told that the in-room coffee has been changed from the Cuisinart pods to Joffrey's. Also, recently the CL cobbler has been peach and berry, mixed berry and apple and some evenings they are serving two different cobblers. Hail, to the Cobbler!

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 06-30-2013 at 01:36 PM.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 06-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #547
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,370

I've added shipping information to the Guest Services section of the first page.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 06-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #548
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,533

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I've been told that the in-room coffee has been changed from the Cuisinart pods to Joffrey's. Also, recently the CL cobbler has been peach and berry, mixed berry and apple and some evenings they are serving two different cobblers. Hail, to the Cobbler!
OMGosh! OMGosh! OMGosh!!!!!!

__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Club Level - 2010, 2013
We'll be home soon...
CuteAsMinnie is offline  
Old 06-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #549
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,533

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I've added shipping information to the Guest Services section of the first page.
to you, Kook!
__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Club Level - 2010, 2013
We'll be home soon...
CuteAsMinnie is offline  
Old 06-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #550
jackemail
DIS Veteran
 
jackemail's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,848

Just a couple of quick thoughts about our recent WL stay.
Have stayed at WL previously, twice in the Lodge and once in the villas.

This time, booked a deluxe club level room, because I had 3 teenage girls and a 10 year old girl with me. I wanted the teens to have a room to themselves for a while before we moved to Boardwalk as part of a split stay.

I do love the theming and the location of WL....perfect for trips to the MK, and so easy to get to HDDR. Teens loved the pool and slide.

Like the set up of the Old Faithful Club, and the seating. Good food offerings, nice CM's.

Pros and cons as to the room. Room 2000 is about as far away from the OFC as one can get, so we probably didn't make as many trips to the lounge as we would have. (We spent a LOT of time in the lounge at Boardwalk.) Of course, it is also close to the pool, and not far from the boat dock, which is convenient. And the noisy teens didn't disturb anyone at night, because it is the corner room. It is a nice sized room for 5.

Balconies are rather a waste--nothing to see, and couldn't see over the rails if there was something besides a dense wood. No big deal, as we were looking forward to the balcony at BWI anyway.

Will look forward to returning to WL in the future....maybe not with 5 people this time, so I can get a room closer to the OFC!
__________________
Alzheimer's.....the "long good-bye"
jackemail is offline  
Old 06-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #551
Funky Chicken
misses the Citrus Swirl at Sunshine Tree Terrace!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 268

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post

I totally agree. We also have been upgraded every time, and never asked. I assume the room assignors will do the best they can for us, and we have always been happy.

With that being said, we book Standard view because we would be fine with any WL room. If we get anything nicer it is a plus, but we don't expect an upgrade and therefore won't be disappointed if we don't get one.
We stayed one night following a week on the Fantasy at WL. The standard room we were in (5064) was enough to make me never book standard there again.
__________________
Blood Orange Margarita, please...
Funky Chicken is offline  
Old 06-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #552
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post

We stayed one night following a week on the Fantasy at WL. The standard room we were in (5064) was enough to make me never book standard there again.
Yep, I agree that you should book the minimum category you would be happy with or higher rather than expecting an upgrade.

For us we will take the gamble and would still be happy to be in a standard room at WL over booking a moderate.
GrandCalifornian is offline  
Old 07-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #553
red712371
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 207

I'm so excited!! Going to stay at WL for the first time since 1999 in December. I was worried that we wouldn't be able to afford it, but we managed to do it. Now, the trip seems so real. We can't wait!

We have booked a woods view and we like quiet peaceful rooms that have a little soemthing to look at. I have requested a view of the otter pond, upper floors. Do you think that this will give us the best chance of a room that fits that?

Thanks everyone!
red712371 is offline  
Old 07-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #554
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming
 
vinotinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ATL
Posts: 2,012

I'm piggy-backing on this discussion about room requests. I originally considered booking Standard since we're going in the winter and will likely not sit out in the balcony. But, all the talk about Standard rooms is making me a little nervous, so I'm now considering booking Woods View. If we book a Woods view, what kind of room request is recommended for a nice view?
__________________

Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL
Oct 2013 - PBH
Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP)
Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP)
May-June 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP)
Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP)
Oct 2009 - BC (DDP)
May 2004 - RPR
April 1995 - AsMu (college trip)
vinotinto is offline  
Old 07-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #555
Raya
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 271

Bunk bed room when you don't want it?

The only room available with our offer was a queen bed w/ 2 bunk beds. We don't need the bunk beds. I feel slightly guilty taking that room if it meant someone's kids had to sleep on the floor. Is there any way to let the room assignment people know that we're fine with switching? Should we call that week before hand or mention it at check in?
Raya is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: