Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #16
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by donalduck View Post
If I book with a travel agent will they ask me about all of theses things I have to book ahead of time?
Probably not. My TA never mentioned booking anything.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic 2004, 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014 DCL Fantasy 2015
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #17
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donalduck View Post
If I book with a travel agent will they ask me about all of theses things I have to book ahead of time?
Booking excursions can be done by either you or your TA. Personally, I'd do it my self, since I'm aware of what adjustment I might have to take into account at the time the booking is made (desired excursion/time not available). If your TA books your excursions, you will need to leave contingency plans with them in case what you want as first choice may not be available.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #18
lolainkent
Mouseketeer

I e-mailed DCL asking about cancelling nursery places.

"Please keep in mind, if you do not call or show up, there will be a 100% cancellation fee.

If you call within 4 hours to cancel, there will be a 50% cancellation fee."

Also good to know you can only book 10 hours of nursery time (for 2-5 night cruises) before boarding the ship. Anyone know if this is so there's time to go around for everyone? Or is there a different reason?

lolainkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #19
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolainkent View Post
I e-mailed DCL asking about cancelling nursery places.

"Please keep in mind, if you do not call or show up, there will be a 100% cancellation fee.

If you call within 4 hours to cancel, there will be a 50% cancellation fee."

Also good to know you can only book 10 hours of nursery time (for 2-5 night cruises) before boarding the ship. Anyone know if this is so there's time to go around for everyone? Or is there a different reason?
Yes, it's so everyone who has need of the nursery has a chance to get some hours before those who want to book lots of hours use up all the time.

Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
Old 06-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #20
lolainkent
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Yes, it's so everyone who has need of the nursery has a chance to get some hours before those who want to book lots of hours use up all the time.
I'm glad they do that. We were a bit worried it would just be all gone since we're the last to get to make reservations, which I guess it still could be but at least it's a more fair system.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #21
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

The thing you may run into is that the "popular" times for the nursery are booked up before it's your turn to do so. I would imagine that dinner & show times book up quickly. They do have a lower CM:child ratio in the nursery so the number of slots available at any one time are limited.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #22
lolainkent
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
The thing you may run into is that the "popular" times for the nursery are booked up before it's your turn to do so. I would imagine that dinner & show times book up quickly. They do have a lower CM:child ratio in the nursery so the number of slots available at any one time are limited.
That's what we're thinking. I imagine I'll be adding her to the waitlist for a few spots! Oh well, if/when we become repeat cruisers, we'll appreciate getting earlier dibs

Old 06-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #23
ScottFamily2005
Mouseketeer

One of the things I would definitely do in advance is sign up for the kid's club - especially if you are going to try to get Palo reservations the day you board.

We had completed our enrollment online, so I took us less than five minutes to pick up our wristband. I watched others who had not enrolled online spend twenty minutes (or more) signing up in the terminal.

I booked everything I could in advance, and was glad I did. Even though we were first timers, we got everything we wanted. When we boarded the ship, we got to start enjoying our vacation right away!

Disney Wonder to Alaska June 17-24, 2013 - fell in love with DCL!
Next cruise: Fantasy Eastern June 6, 2015
ScottFamily2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:29 PM   #24
lolainkent
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFamily2005 View Post
One of the things I would definitely do in advance is sign up for the kid's club - especially if you are going to try to get Palo reservations the day you board.

We had completed our enrollment online, so I took us less than five minutes to pick up our wristband. I watched others who had not enrolled online spend twenty minutes (or more) signing up in the terminal.

I booked everything I could in advance, and was glad I did. Even though we were first timers, we got everything we wanted. When we boarded the ship, we got to start enjoying our vacation right away!
Do you just sign up to the kid's club, or do you have to pick the exact hours you want? I have a feeling my DS's will literally run in there without looking back at DH and I so do I book slots, or can you leave them there as long as they like?

Glad to hear that you got all you wanted as first timers!

Old 06-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #25
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolainkent View Post
Do you just sign up to the kid's club, or do you have to pick the exact hours you want? I have a feeling my DS's will literally run in there without looking back at DH and I so do I book slots, or can you leave them there as long as they like?

Glad to hear that you got all you wanted as first timers!
If you have a child for the Club/Lab, you register them for it. It just puts them in the system for using the club. You drop off/pick up when you wish during the open hours (pretty much most of the day). They can stay as long as they wish. There may be times that a child will be in there and the Open House hours will happen (say, on the Club side). In that case all children who don't have an adult with them for Open House will be taken to the "other" side, in this case the Lab, for secured programming.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #26
lolainkent
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
If you have a child for the Club/Lab, you register them for it. It just puts them in the system for using the club. You drop off/pick up when you wish during the open hours (pretty much most of the day). They can stay as long as they wish. There may be times that a child will be in there and the Open House hours will happen (say, on the Club side). In that case all children who don't have an adult with them for Open House will be taken to the "other" side, in this case the Lab, for secured programming.
Great, thanks for the info! I have a sneaky feeling that I will barely see my boys on this cruise - they love being off with new friends doing fun, and not adult, things!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: