Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #16
dminnie
DIS Veteran

I would pick POR over CBR (at least until they update CBR). Also, you might want to consider CSR. It does have a bit more walking since the pool isn't by the food court...but it really is a pretty resort, especially at night and you said walking is good

I think you get a bit more for your money there with having the health club available. The pool is great. It has the largest hot tub and longest pool slide than the other mods. The beds have duvet covers. All the other mods have traditional bedspreads.
dminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #17
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by dminnie View Post
I would pick POR over CBR (at least until they update CBR). Also, you might want to consider CSR. It does have a bit more walking since the pool isn't by the food court...but it really is a pretty resort, especially at night and you said walking is good

I think you get a bit more for your money there with having the health club available. The pool is great. It has the largest hot tub and longest pool slide than the other mods. The beds have duvet covers. All the other mods have traditional bedspreads.
CSR is lovely but it seems even bigger then CBR! Most of the rooms look so far out.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #18
katiee37
DIS Veteran

I prefer CBR though bus transportation can take a good deal of time because there are stops at every island.
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #19
pmaurer74
DIS Veteran

We stayed at POR in the RGR and really loved them. If your DD is into princesses then I suggest that.
GF - 3/12
SSR/VWL - 6/12
BC CL - 6/13
WL - 12/13
WL - 12/14
WL - 10/15
pmaurer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #20
trishadono
DIS Veteran

On kid only trips ds like CSR and Dd likes CBR.

DD loves the hammocks and island feel . I say show her pics of the four and let her decide. I always have a good time when kids happy.

Neither of my kids likes POFQ although I loved it. Ds liked POR more than dd. ds loves CSR and dd only liked it when I got new business class
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #21
kimmyann
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
On kid only trips ds like CSR and Dd likes CBR.

DD loves the hammocks and island feel . I say show her pics of the four and let her decide. I always have a good time when kids happy.

Neither of my kids likes POFQ although I loved it. Ds liked POR more than dd. ds loves CSR and dd only liked it when I got new business class
THIS is what is what will most likely happen. I was discussing it with my DH tonight & he said that since she's the only kid going then let her pick the resort. Now, we are only giving her the two choices between POR & CBR since we already stayed at POFQ & have zero interest in CSR. So far she is leaning towards CBR. I looked it up on Disney's website & am surprised to see that for this year in late August it states the price starts at $195 per night. I was surprised at that price for a value time of year. I also noticed that someone posted the difference in price between POR & CBR. I thought they were priced the same? Whichever one we choose I'm thinking of booking a garden view just to prevent a parking lot view. I hate to do that since when we stayed at POFQ we were very lucky & had a beautiful garden view, but I remember thinking how bad it would be to get stuck with a parking lot view.

2007(June)- HoJo Maingate East. Our first & cheapest trip to Orlando. Platinum Pass holders for Busch parks. Seaworld and BGT.
2009(June)- Disney. Port Orleans French Quarter.
2010(June)- The Palms Hotel & Villas. Seaworld, Aquatica, BGT & Clearwater beach.
2011(June)-Quality Suites LBV. Seaworld, Aquatica, BGT & Wonderworks.
2013(May)- RPR & Comfort Suites Maingate East. Universal, Seaworld & who knows what else.
kimmyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #22
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmyann View Post
THIS is what is what will most likely happen. I was discussing it with my DH tonight & he said that since she's the only kid going then let her pick the resort. Now, we are only giving her the two choices between POR & CBR since we already stayed at POFQ & have zero interest in CSR. So far she is leaning towards CBR. I looked it up on Disney's website & am surprised to see that for this year in late August it states the price starts at $195 per night. I was surprised at that price for a value time of year. I also noticed that someone posted the difference in price between POR & CBR. I thought they were priced the same? Whichever one we choose I'm thinking of booking a garden view just to prevent a parking lot view. I hate to do that since when we stayed at POFQ we were very lucky & had a beautiful garden view, but I remember thinking how bad it would be to get stuck with a parking lot view.

I believe that the resort levels have different 'seasons' now - we have been pricing between POR and WL and the deluxe seasons are different than the moderate. On top of that each resort has their own pricing system and categories that seem to affect the pricing as well. Overall, though, I find the moderate room prices to be within the same relative range of each other, save for a few room categories that may bump the cost a bit - for instance, waterview at one is X amount more, but could be two or three times that at the other. I just finally sat down and GOOGLED the hotel and "rack rate" and found some sites that listed the dates and what the basic cost of each room type was so I could compare.

That said, while I can't offer much help in the two resorts, we enjoyed staying at POR and the only reason we aren't doing CBR next trip is the double beds - I gotta have the space!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:50 AM   #23
Tink51196
Earning My Ears

For our recent trip Jun 7-14 (our first time back in 17 years) I had first booked a room at CBR for me, DH, DS16, DD15 mostly because it was where we spent our honeymoon. But I quickly changed it the next day because of the thought of the smaller full beds.

We stayed at FQ, but on our first day we took a trip to CBR. I thought for sure my DD15 would tell me she wanted the beachy/hammock resort more, but she quickly said "I like FQ better".

We also spent one day at Riverside pool. I also did like the feel of the more open, bigger Riverside resort over FQ and the fact that Riverside has quiet pools in addition to the main pool. If I were to stay at Riverside, as much as I would prefer Alligator Bayou, I noticed that the little pull down mattress bed/bench takes away from having the larger set of clothing drawers. Being cramped is a deal-breaker for me.

If CBR had a refurb with queen beds, then I'd like to try CBR again. But I have to admit that the short distance to the food court and single bus stop was fantastic, and I myself really don't mind walking, but it was so convenient.
Tink51196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #24
kimmyann
DIS Veteran

Update! After talking to my oldest DD this morning we are going to include her now. I didn't realize that college doesn't start for her until the last week of August next year, so we will bump it up a week to the 17th so she can also go. (she is the disney princess in the family) Now, she doesn't really like POR & would rather either stay at CBR or CSR, so I'm thinking it will be CBR for sure now.

I admit, I am even more excited now. She will give the youngest someone to hang out with & the oldest even said she would be able to take her sister to the parks or where ever if me & DH don't feel like it or want to be alone.

2007(June)- HoJo Maingate East. Our first & cheapest trip to Orlando. Platinum Pass holders for Busch parks. Seaworld and BGT.
2009(June)- Disney. Port Orleans French Quarter.
2010(June)- The Palms Hotel & Villas. Seaworld, Aquatica, BGT & Clearwater beach.
2011(June)-Quality Suites LBV. Seaworld, Aquatica, BGT & Wonderworks.
2013(May)- RPR & Comfort Suites Maingate East. Universal, Seaworld & who knows what else.
kimmyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #25
scrappymel
DIS Veteran

we are trying CBR for the first time this trip. the pictures look beautiful, and a nice stroll through that landscaping doesn't seem bad to us. we're doing a pirate room. i hope you guys have a blast!!
*10/11-20/14 - Disneyland*

scrappymel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: