Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
luvmylatte
Mouseketeer

First time at Wilderness Lodge....I've got questions!

This is my first time booking WL and my first time at a Deluxe. What can I expect? I have read. Out yard views are awesome and the resort itself is awesome, but if I am paying for courtyard view is that automatically concierge level?

How is the food court, the pool, are the buses reliable? I am excited to experience WL but have read very littl about it. Is there a WL thread like the other resorts have w/ comments and answered questions?

Help!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmylatte View Post
This is my first time booking WL and my first time at a Deluxe. What can I expect? I have read. Out yard views are awesome and the resort itself is awesome, but if I am paying for courtyard view is that automatically concierge level?

How is the food court, the pool, are the buses reliable? I am excited to experience WL but have read very littl about it. Is there a WL thread like the other resorts have w/ comments and answered questions?

Help!
Expect awesomeness! Seriously. Great resort. My favorite.

Courtyard view is courtyard view, not concierge level. If you want CL, you will need to book it. It's more expensive and courtyard views are available by request up there. CL at WL is totally worth it, by the way!

There is no food court per se, but there is a QS restaurant called Roaring Forks that has a good selection of sandwiches, pizza, salads, etc...

The buses have always been great for us at WL. 5 minute ride to MK or you can take the boat.

We really liked the pool at WL. It was simple but not overly crowded (even in mid July).

Yes, there is a WL thread. Lots of information on it. Enjoy!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111366

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmylatte View Post

Help!
WL is an awesome resort . Courtyard view is not concierge/club level as you have to specifically book a CL room, which does not have a specific view. Courtyard view overlooks a courtyard, the pool, or Bay Lake. We love the WL for the beautiful atmosphere, the great pool, good CS, and transportation. Roaring Forks is the CS at the WL and it's one of our favorites as it has a good variety of options and there is a good amount of seating (IMO). The buses are great as is the boat to MK, which also goes to the CR where you can dine, shop, & visit there and then hop on the monorail to visit the Poly and GF. There is a WL FAQ that has a ton of information . I think you made a great choice choosing the WL.....it truly is an amazing resort. Happy planning and have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
PrincessesX3
Mouseketeer

favorite resort!! have a great time!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #5
luvmylatte
Mouseketeer

Thank you all! Really looking forward to this "adventure". Been to PoP 2x, POR 3x and PFQ 1x, so this will be fun. My 9 year old will really get a kick out of it.

I think I might be spoiling him for any future trips.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
poly princess
Mouseketeer

Wilderness Lodge is awesome!

No, you do not need to stay club level to have a court yard room.

The buses are reliable however, you stop at the Fort Wilderness and pick up folks there. But...you can take a direct ferry to Magic Kingdom.

Quick service is Roaring Forks, its good. I believe they are open from 6 or 7 am until 12/midnight.

Pool area is GREAT! The have a great water slide. Pool with a shallow end and deep end. They have a quiet pool too.

Best of all...you can see electric light parade from the beach

Enjoy!
Poly
Old 06-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #7
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Roaring Fork isn't a food court; it's more like a QS place. It's small, but it's not bad at all.

We loved the pool and the slide! Spent a few afternoons there.

We had a courtyard view when we stayed there two years ago and were not staying CL.

Also, we found the bus service great from there. Really quick. We pretty much always used the boat launch to MK, but for everywhere else we thought the buses were very efficient.

It is an AWESOME resort. You will love it!

WDW: Wilderness Lodge 2011 | Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk Inn CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 | Polynesian CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge CL 2013

DLR: Candy Cane Inn 2013 | Candy Cane Inn, Grand Californian 2014
mirage0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #8
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

Here is the link for the WL on Dis. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111366

Most favorite resort of all time. Kids are now hooked and my husband loved it for his first ever trip last year. He HATES Disney too. SO that says a lot about the resort!

You will love it, especially in the morning. So quiet and serene to sit by the waterfall before you begin a hectic day in the parks!

juliehoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #9
resablue
Earning My Ears

From what I've read in reviews most of the people who have complaints are people who are staying on club level, everyone else seems to love it. If you go to trip advisor you will see what I mean. People who stay on that level seem to want to compare it to other deluxe resorts and point out that it's not as good. I wouldn't know, I've never stayed on club level anywhere. I stayed here one night so I thought to save money I would change my woods view to a rooftop view. Big mistake. I am a person who really likes a balcony and our balcony overlooked several rooftops with all kinds of litter, empty motrin bottle and used tampon among other things...My teenage boys were pretty grossed out. However, I am a disney nut, so this does not discourage me from a do over. I plan to stay at WL next year but will be more selective about the view. The grounds are pretty, and I love the lobby.
resablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #10
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort. Can only talk from experience from one stay, so don't have a track record for anything to go by as far as reliability of transportation. We were there mid October. Buses were never a problem, loved taking the boat to and from the Magic Kingdom. We liked the food courts, plenty of selections for us to choose from for each meal. While it is expensive, we loved Artist Point. Had a question for our server, next thing I know the chef is there to answer the question. The food was wonderful.

The theme is fantastic, make sure you wander the lobby, the different levels overlooking the lobby. The pool flowing out from the lobby out to the beautifully landscaped pool area. I am an early riser and loved walking around the grounds or sitting outside with a cup of coffee before the other guests are up and moving around. Just the hum of the carts the cast members drive and the birds chirping.
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Off-site 2015, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
MinnesotaMouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: