Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #16
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

Love reading these ideas! We are in the same "boat". The kids know we are going to Disney and know we are switching hotels. But don't know we are going on a cruise in between. Trying to figure out the best time to tell and the best way to catch their reaction. I was planning to drive to port and let them figure it out but it would be impossible to know when to start videoing. I love your shirt idea. Boys are pretty oblivious though, they may never read them, lol.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #17
emilyann415
DIS Veteran

I personally LOVE the tshirt idea. We've surprised our kids a few times with trips to WDW and a few cruises. I never regretted it. Their reaction was priceless. Might be hard to video tape their reaction to that not knowing how long it will take for them to notice though....still it's my favorite.
emilyann415 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #18
Meg19971
Earning My Ears

What my sis and I are doing...

For Our cruise we are surprising Our parents and my 8 yo daughter who will be 9 by the cruise but my Idea is having t-shirts made saying "blah blah" family vacation with whatever pic we decide on. And we are giving them as xmas presents to surprise them.
Meg19971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #19
kelly2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Channel
We are going to be at Disney World July 4th,5th, and 6th. Going to get up on the 7th(the day of our cruise), and pretend to drive home. But, drive the port instead. And, see how long it take him to catch on.
This is what we did to our 5 year old. He was so busy playing a new ds game he literally didn't even notice until we got on the shuttle from the budget car rental return. Even though we literally drove past the ship to return the car!

For the op I happen to think option 3 is so cute!
kelly2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #20
aaklang
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure if I can make it till xmas without the kids finding out, but here's what I'm hoping to do. I'm going to choose whatever item I want signed by the characters on board and then wrap it up as an xmas present with a note saying something like "Take this to the Disney Fantasy on X date and ask Mickey and his friends to sign it."

Now I just have to decide what item I want signed!
aaklang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:02 AM   #21
chasingthedream
Mouseketeer

B2b

We are doing a B2B next year. My son knows about the cruise, but I got the idea here on DIS to keep the second one a secret. I will make a big production about how sad it is to go home & on the way off the boat just say "You know what?! Lets stay and do another cruise!"

I am excited about it!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #22
Majordis
Mouseketeer

We surprised the kids by pulling up to the Dream last year. They still say it was the best surprise ever.
Majordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #23
klj0207
Earning My Ears

We are surprising our kids also....and ours is a year away!! I plan on getting backpacks (since we will be flying) and filling them up with all sorts of Disney themed things to keep them busy and giving them to them that morning. Hoping I will be able to keep it a secret that long!!

klj0207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #24
Jerseymomof2
Mouseketeer

I would love to surprise my kids but I'm not sure how long I can keep the secret. I think I might be more excited to go then them!
They are 7 & 5. I would like to do the T-Shirt one because it is so cute but the 5yr old doesn't read that well yet.
if anyone else has ideas that they used on little kids I would love to hear them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: