Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
uktivo
Earning My Ears

Booked with Travelcity but its not a preferred room..

Hi All,

I've booked my trip with the family (wife and two girls 9/7) for May 2014. We are staying at the POR and paid extra for a waterview room.

Looking at the portorleans....org site, i know notice that this isn't a preferred room as we thought.

Is there any way i can pay for this upgrade as a preferred room would be much better for us. I tried calling Disney directly but they said they can't help me. TravelCity tell me they don't have a preferred room option.

Any ideas anyone please?

As I say, I'm happy to pay for the upgrade.

Ps.. i can't wait.. so so so excited........
uktivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
amomma23
DIS Veteran

I think your stuck with what you have. Travelocity won't let you cancel and Disney has nothing to do with your reservation (it's currently "owned" by Travelocity) until you arrive.
That said, the only option I could see is asking if there are preferred rooms available when you actually arrive at Port Orleans. At that point, if there is availability, you could ask what it would cost to upgrade.

amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
uktivo
Earning My Ears

Yes, that pretty much sums up where I thought I was.. thanks for your help
uktivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:15 AM   #4
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Hiya..If I was you I would move this question over to the UK planning board as you are on the trip report board. You might find somebody over there that can answer this for definite.

Also just for your information, when they say Water view at POR it doesn't mean just the river it also means the swimming pools, and they also class a side ways glance at the water as a water view. Personally I wouldn't bother with the water view as you can't really see anything from inside your room unless you are standing by the window and as they do not have balconies only walkways outside your room its sort of pointless paying the extra. Also you may be given one anyway, we have had water views many times without paying extra for it As for the 'preferred rooms' they are near to the main building in the Alligator Bayou part of POR with the 'Princess Rooms' in the Mansion side.
We love this resort the most and stay there every year. We have never gone for a preferred room and generally ask for a room way out in a corner so that not many people have to walk past the room to get to theirs, its so much quieter (never ever let them give you a room near stairs or the elevator, the world walks/runs past your door at all times of the night!!)
I hope you can get your choice sorted.

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: