Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
mordecai
Mouseketeer

Onboard Booking changes

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find it so here we go (sorry). When you book a random future date, do you have to include everyone you're booking for? My scenario is I'm going to be rebooking while on the cruise and I'm going to get the 2 rooms. We may be adding our inlaws later on but don't want to put them on immediately if we don't have to. Is it possible to add them at a later date or do we have to book with their names on the reservation? If we add them later will we still get the 10% off on those two?

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

You are better adding them now and taking them off later if needed.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #3
Tinked
DIS Veteran

When you book onboard you need to supply names and birth dates for those in the cabins. You can add or delete names but at least one of the original people listed need to be on the reservation for it to still be valid. I booked 2 cabins and put myself in one with the person I thought would go for sure. On the res for the 2nd room I put my daughter and another friend. The down payment to hold both rooms was only $114 each for 5 night cruise booked 14 months out. When it was time to start paying, I switched my name to the 2nd room and added two more names to the first room. I also added two more names to the 2nd room. No charge and the price and perks remain on both rooms. Try it it works and you can cancel up to the full payment date with no penalties.
Cruises: Wonder '05, 2/07/09 Western Caribbean on Magic, Wonder Bounce Back 9/24/09, Magic Eastern Caribbean 1/30/10, EBTA Bound for Barcelona 4/10/2010, 9/12/2010 Member Cruise, Aug. 23, 2011 Alaska, 6/10/12 Cruise to Canada, 6/15/12 Cruise to Nowhere
Future Cruises: 9/02/12 Cruise to Canada, 5/06/2013 WBPC, 8/25/13 Gayle's b-day cruise Dream
Tinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

If you are booking a "dummy" cruise, it doesn't matter much because you'll be moving the date and you can add the other passengers then.

If you are booking an actual cruise date that you plan to take, it's best to add all passengers who might come. You can always remove passengers later (prior to the PIF with no penalty) if they decide not to go. However, you might not be able to add passengers at a later day if the cruise starts to fill up or the muster station for your staterooms fills.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
danfromca
Earned his ears, now wants yours
Slept with 500 or so passports
Stumbling will probably be my primary mode of transportation by then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinked View Post
When you book onboard you need to supply names and birth dates for those in the cabins. You can add or delete names but at least one of the original people listed need to be on the reservation for it to still be valid. I booked 2 cabins and put myself in one with the person I thought would go for sure. On the res for the 2nd room I put my daughter and another friend. The down payment to hold both rooms was only $114 each for 5 night cruise booked 14 months out. When it was time to start paying, I switched my name to the 2nd room and added two more names to the first room. I also added two more names to the 2nd room. No charge and the price and perks remain on both rooms. Try it it works and you can cancel up to the full payment date with no penalties.
I've also been able to put a tbd name on onboard booking reservations in the past. Don't know if that's still allowed. But it's a good way to hold a space and lock in the price if you're not sure who might go.
danfromca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:00 AM   #6
mordecai
Mouseketeer

Great info, thanks guys!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: