Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #2581
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

33 days til we are back "home" at POFQ!

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
Old 06-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #2582
dawgfan
from georgia ya'll

Just back a week ago

Had a great time as usual at our "home" resort. Service was great, food court was great, room location was great, bar was great!, wish the front desk was back in order, bus service was great. Boy was it crowded. We bought AP's and are headed back to POFQ for Christmas...we can't seem to get enough. I thought/worried that as my kids got older they would lose the Disney draw. They have not and in fact it maybe larger now than ever but just changed a bit as to waht they like and want to do. One is 18 and one is 15 and they get as excited about a trip as a very young child would.
POFQ July 2004
POFQ July 2007
WL Villas April 2009
POFQ July 2010
WL Villas March 2011
POFQ April 2011
POR June 2011
Off Site-Best Western LBV June 2012
POFQ-June 2013
POFQ- December Christmas trip 2013
ASMu- April 2014
POFQ-May 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #2583
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirlamg View Post
Been staying at pop for the last few years...planning a trip for February and my 11 year old wants to stay somewhere new and with a waterslide...I know it's a big change from the pop ...will my 11 year old and myself like this resort????
Yes, it is a great resort. Check out the pictures and information at the beginning of this thread and the Port Orleans Riverside thread and at portorleans.org where most of the information comes from. The pool and waterslide is very nice at French Quarter, and the one at Riverside is also very cool, while not as visually stunning from a distance. French Quarter is compact with half the rooms of Riverside, but very beautiful. One plus if your 11 year old specifically wanted a waterslide is that he can swim at both POR and POFQ! While pool hopping between resorts is not allowed, Port Orleans is treated as one resort so you may use all the amenties at both. This makes it the perfect place to stay because you can use two waterslides.

I am sure you will enjoy it!

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 06-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #2584
babygirlamg
DIS Veteran

Oh yea I didn't know we could use both pools ... That just sold it
Old 06-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #2585
ugadog99
Has been waiting patiently for a visit from the Tag Fairy and found that good things come to those who wait
Is on a hunt for the best Creme Brulee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Had a great time as usual at our "home" resort. Service was great, food court was great, room location was great, bar was great!, wish the front desk was back in order, bus service was great. Boy was it crowded. We bought AP's and are headed back to POFQ for Christmas...we can't seem to get enough. I thought/worried that as my kids got older they would lose the Disney draw. They have not and in fact it maybe larger now than ever but just changed a bit as to waht they like and want to do. One is 18 and one is 15 and they get as excited about a trip as a very young child would.
Howdy, dawgfan, from another DAWG! We leave early Wednesday morning for another trip home, too! My DDs are now 22 and 19 and still are just as excited as their first trip.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #2586
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by farah View Post

I realize its just a food court but the food is just not good. My daughter got the pizza and that was ok but I got the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich and it was like they dipped it in salt and the chicken was very dry. My daughter got the Quesadillas and hardly any chicken and cheese on it. Yes, the Beignets are good and the ice cream sandwiches. Otherwise the resort is amazing and the CM's pool etc just wonderful.
They have the best potroast my husband and I ever had. Full of gravy and mushrooms tender meat . Mmmmm so good
Old 06-29-2013, 12:14 AM   #2587
Tink51196
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantayzya View Post
I am so excited about our first ever stay at POFQ - check-in in 38 days!!! and have been grabbing all of the bits of wisdom in this thread to help assure that our first ever vacation (first ever visit actually) with my husband's grand-daughter is the best it can possibly be.

We are coffee-holics. I am for sure, but on vacation my husband gives me a run for my money and now my 17 year old son is becoming quite the fan as well.

I read that the coffee-makers in the rooms are now the single serve pod type (soft Senseo type, not K-cups) and that they only provide 2 regular and 2 decaf (we won't use those lol)

We were going to grind some beans and bring our own to either replace or supplement what was in the room but this news has me considering other options.

Before I commit to a plan, I thought I'd verify. Did I read all that info correctly? only 2 soft pods per day?

Thanks in advance for your assistance and for all of the other great info here (and on the POR website as well)

Lori
We just stayed June 7-14 and although I can't remember how many were given to us each day, I made the mistake of bringing WAWA K-cup type and not the soft round ones. My husband is the coffee nut and he wasn't thrilled with the taste of the food court coffee. He didn't complain (as much) about the room coffee. The decaffeinated are Cuisinart 100% arabican ; the others we received were Joffrey's regular and French roast. It is a soft round coffee pod probably about 3" diameter. The cleaning manager greeted us and said to let her know if there was anything we needed for our rooms. Why not ask them to start you out with a extra amount of pods, even if you don't use all of them the first day, put them aside and they'll think you're out of them and will keep adding daily.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:35 AM   #2588
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I read that the coffee-makers in the rooms are now the single serve pod type (soft Senseo type, not K-cups) and that they only provide 2 regular and 2 decaf (we won't use those lol)

We were going to grind some beans and bring our own to either replace or supplement what was in the room but this news has me considering other options.

Before I commit to a plan, I thought I'd verify. Did I read all that info correctly? only 2 soft pods per day?
We left a note for Mousekeeping and got extra 2-3 extra regular coffee pods each day.

The coffee makers really don't give you a way to use your own beans. Even if you have a "brew to go" or a french press and you just ran the water through, I don't think the water would be hot enough to make a good cup.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:16 AM   #2589
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

You can buy the coffee "pods" at many places online including amazon, and in some stores.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 06-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #2590
Tinkergurl20
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I haven't been on in forever, but the time has come to begin planning next years trip to the Best Place on Earth!! We have a large group broken into 3 rooms and I was wondering about one of the rooms. I was told by someone at Disney that you could have 2 adults + 2 Children + 1 infant under 3 in a room at the French Quarter. Has anyone done this? I try to look online at Disney's site to price it out but it says the occupancy is too big for the room. We have 4 adults in 2 rooms and then 2 adults/2children(5&7)/1child(2) in the other and really want to stay at the French Quarter. Any ideas? Thank you!

Old 06-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #2591
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkergurl20 View Post
Hi everyone! I haven't been on in forever, but the time has come to begin planning next years trip to the Best Place on Earth!! We have a large group broken into 3 rooms and I was wondering about one of the rooms. I was told by someone at Disney that you could have 2 adults + 2 Children + 1 infant under 3 in a room at the French Quarter. Has anyone done this? I try to look online at Disney's site to price it out but it says the occupancy is too big for the room. We have 4 adults in 2 rooms and then 2 adults/2children(5&7)/1child(2) in the other and really want to stay at the French Quarter. Any ideas? Thank you!
FQ rooms should hold 4 + 1 under 3, so I would suggest calling Disney and booking over the phone. The website is notorious for messing up.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #2592
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkergurl20 View Post
My understanding is the same as the disney rep. The child under 3 is allowed with 4 others in the same room (2 adults + 2 kids). Although, it may be a little crowded, it shouldn't be a problem. Is this with the new site or old site? I'm able to get it to work on the old site with no problems.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #2593
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am so excited about our first ever stay at POFQ - check-in in 38 days!!! and have been grabbing all of the bits of wisdom in this thread to help assure that our first ever vacation (first ever visit actually) with my husband's grand-daughter is the best it can possibly be.

We are coffee-holics. I am for sure, but on vacation my husband gives me a run for my money and now my 17 year old son is becoming quite the fan as well.

Thanks in advance for your assistance and for all of the other great info here (and on the POR website as well)

Lori
Ask for more coffee and they will provide it. I left a note and we had some extra left for a few days (probably until the mousekeeper changed). When we ran out, I called mousekeeping and a bag of coffee pods was delivered. And then on our last full day, we must have had our original mousekeeper because she left an extraordinary amount of coffee pods (which of course were then left behind because we checked out the next day). So if enough isn't there, call mousekeeping and request more.

Dh and I do not like the powdered creamers so we brought our own half and half with us. If you are driving or can get to a store, this might be something to keep in mind. That non-dairy stuff (powdered or liquid) just doesn't taste good to us.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #2594
fantayzya
Earning My Ears

Awesome! Thanks for the confirmation everyone! Now that I know what is in store for my morning pick-me-up I can plan accordingly.

You all ROCK!

March 1972-Daytrip from Bradenton, December 1994-CBR, April 1987-Hilton DTD,
November 1996-POR, April 1997-Disneyland, November 1999-Polynesian,
November 2000-POR, November 2001-AKL & Polynesian, May 2001-Contemporary,
July 2003-Disneyland, October 2009-AKL, August 2013-POFQ,
Old 06-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #2595
AussieSing
Earning My Ears

Well we finally booked our trip for Dec 9 to 17 for DH and two DS (11 and 13), so excited to see all the Christmas decorations and hoping for cold weather. This will be our second trip to WDW, last time stayed at POR, but wanted to try the different resorts.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: