Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #1051
Austinsmom068
Mouseketeer

I thought about aoa but I'm nervous it will be very crowded. Its still kinda new so it seems to be very popular. When I was waiting for the magical express @ the airport in Feb the aoa line was really really long. Everyone thinks I'm crazy planning another trip when I just came back. LOL.
Austinsmom068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #1052
dissybroad
Hidden Mickey, Palo Alto, CA. Located on University Ave. under Caltrain tracks

We booked a family suite and two preferred rooms so we could be sure to be in the Calypso buildings. Since all are in different names, I requested to have them linked. I plan on arriving earlier than the rest of the party so I'll get us all checked in early even if the rooms aren't ready. When the others arrive they can just go pick up their keys.
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #1053
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissybroad View Post
We booked a family suite and two preferred rooms so we could be sure to be in the Calypso buildings. Since all are in different names, I requested to have them linked. I plan on arriving earlier than the rest of the party so I'll get us all checked in early even if the rooms aren't ready. When the others arrive they can just go pick up their keys.
They won't allow you to check in for the other rooms. Even if your reservations are linked. Your name has to be listed on a room in order to check in for it.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #1054
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

This might have been addressed already but I can't seem to find it. Are the 3 fold out beds in the suites comfortable? Do they have a bar across the mattress like regular fold our sofas? I have the suite booked for the summer for our family of 5 & I want the kids to get a good nights sleep so they are ready to go each morning.

Maybe 2 rooms might be better so everyone gets a real bed?
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *

Last edited by mommykds; 04-13-2013 at 06:27 PM.
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #1055
dissybroad

Thanks @maxiesmom, I called and asked but we know you can get 10 different answers to the same question if you keep calling back. No sweatski any way you look at it.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #1056
dissybroad

Can we use our own ground coffee and filters in the coffeemaker?
Old 05-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #1057
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds View Post
This might have been addressed already but I can't seem to find it. Are the 3 fold out beds in the suites comfortable? Do they have a bar across the mattress like regular fold our sofas? I have the suite booked for the summer for our family of 5 & I want the kids to get a good nights sleep so they are ready to go each morning.

I debated this for awhile and decided that since 2 connecting rooms aren't guaranteed that I would take a chance on the fold outs being comfy for the teens.

From what I've read on other message boards, the people on those said the fold out beds did not have bars and were very comfy.

I know if they aren't I'll sure be hearing about it from my teenagers.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #1058
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinsmom068 View Post
I thought about aoa but I'm nervous it will be very crowded. Its still kinda new so it seems to be very popular. When I was waiting for the magical express @ the airport in Feb the aoa line was really really long. Everyone thinks I'm crazy planning another trip when I just came back. LOL.
I know I'm crazy so you aren't alone. I did a solo trip in early May, have a family trip coming up in June and already have another solo trip booked for September. All in 2013.

And I should add I had a day in DCA/Disneyland in April 2013 too.

I figure I need to get as many trips on my current AP as possible because once my oldest starts college, no more AP's for me for a few years.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #1059
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds View Post

I shared the couch fold out with one of my nieces, who was around 14 at the time. We both slept just fine, and I'm kind of fussy when it comes to my bed. My nephew who was already taller than my 5'8 slept on the chair fold out, and he slept fine too. In fact he said he would much rather sleep on the chair fold out then have 2 separate rooms.

Hope this helps a bit.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #1060
archrd
Mouseketeer

That is awesome to hear that the fold outs are comfortable as I was trying to for that put as well. I will be going with two of my brothers (3 adults in total) and in the past we have got connecting rooms at the Pop but we were looking for something a little different this time. We are going for 15 nights so having a suite with a mini kitchen and a "living room" is going to be great. We stayed at the Pop in one room last year for 15 nights with just two of us for the first 8 nights but then he rest of the stay we had 4 adults in the room but really should have just gotten a suite considering I had a pin code for free dining for all of us in the room.
archrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #1061
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Have the coffeemakers in the suites been changed to the Cuisinart dual cup that are found in other resorts?
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #1062
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Can anyone recommend a good location for a family suite?? Totally clueless about ASM!!
Old 06-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #1063
wvdislover
DIS Veteran

We stayed in the Calypso section...loved how close it was to food court, main pool, and bus stop! Have you looked at Family Suites at AoA? They're much nicer and more spacious.
July '89--Fort Wilderness; Feb '93--Dolphin, POR; Feb '95--Marriott World Center; Feb '97--Marriott World Center, POR; Feb '99--Marriott World Center; April '02--AS Movies; Feb '03--Gaylord Palms, Hard Rock Hotel; Feb '04--Dolphin, Hotel at Florida Mall; Feb '06--POR, Dolphin; June '06--POP; Sept '07--AKL (a dream come true!!!); Feb '08--Coronado Springs Resort/Marriott World Center; Sept '08--Beach Club/Disney Wonder (our first Disney Cruise!!!); Feb '09--Disneyland; Sept '09--Beach Club; Sept '10--Beach Club (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '11--All-Star Music Family Suites (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '12--Art of Animation (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip for Homeschoolers)
wvdislover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #1064
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvdislover View Post
We stayed in the Calypso section...loved how close it was to food court, main pool, and bus stop! Have you looked at Family Suites at AoA? They're much nicer and more spacious.
Yes, we have but we may have to be as budget friendly as possible! The family suites here are cheaper for sure.

Can anyone give info about which section is better...Calypso or Jazz?
Old 06-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #1065
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Yes, we have but we may have to be as budget friendly as possible! The family suites here are cheaper for sure.

Can anyone give info about which section is better...Calypso or Jazz?
Calypso is closer to food court but Jazz isn't too far so it really isn't anything you need to worry too much about. I would think Jazz might be a bit quieter. I always like to request top floor which would be more important to me than Jazz or Calypso but lots of folks like being on the first floor too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: