Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #16
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
We have visited and ate at WL on previous trips and thought it was beautiful. September will be the first time we will be staying at the resort. So nice to read all the great comments!
Tip- There is a deck up one floor from the lobby where you can get a good view of the pool and lake. Go up there near dark and watch the electrical water pagaent. The sound is piped in. There are benches. Kind of quiet, romantic way to end the night. If you drink, have Territory lounge fix you a drink to take up there. It's the little things.
Tigger's ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #17
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Well, the WL is our absolute favorite, so I might be biased but:
My favorite resort.

1) You already mentioned the closeness to MK. You can boat or bus. Boat ride is really pretty and relaxing, but bus is MUCH faster.
I really like the boat ride.

2) The WL is sooooooo serene and relaxing. It's like a vacation within a vacation. I walk into that lobby and feel instantly relaxed.
The lobby is amazing, but don't forget to explore the rest of the resort.

3) WL has great proximity to the monorail resorts. You just take the boat to CR and hop on from there.

4) You can watch the EWP from the pool area or beach at WL

5) Depending on the type of room you book, you could end up with a view of the castle and Wishes!!
We had a great view of the castle and were able to watch the fireworks from our room.

6) You have great eating options there as well as child are on site
Despite the cost we loved eating at Artist Point.

I really can't say enough about it. WL is awesome!
Don't forget to see the geyser, a little cheesy but still fun to watch. Love Wilderness Lodge
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Off-site 2015, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
MinnesotaMouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: