Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
NickyKnack
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 785

Raddison or Double Tree?

The idea of a Jacuzzi in the bedroom at the Raddison is awesome, and I like what I've seen of the swimming pool. Do they have a restaurant on property?
How much to take a cab to the port from here?

On the other hand we stayed at the Doubletree last time and really loved it, we even liked the resturant. Does anyone know how much a cab to port would run from here?

I know they both have shuttles - and I know that a cab would cost a little more - but depending on how much more it might be worth it to avoid a struggle for "best time".
NickyKnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
tweis
DIS Veteran
 
tweis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 2,656

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyKnack View Post
The idea of a Jacuzzi in the bedroom at the Raddison is awesome, and I like what I've seen of the swimming pool. Do they have a restaurant on property?
How much to take a cab to the port from here?

On the other hand we stayed at the Doubletree last time and really loved it, we even liked the resturant. Does anyone know how much a cab to port would run from here?

I know they both have shuttles - and I know that a cab would cost a little more - but depending on how much more it might be worth it to avoid a struggle for "best time".
The Doubletree hand down!! My family stayed at the Radisson last year and while they had a very nice pool area the beds were so uncomfortable. They claim they are sleep number but it felt as though we were sleeping on an air mattress and every time DH would roll over I would bounce. It made for a terrible nights sleep. If you do stay here, I would ask for one of the remodeled rooms. We used their shuttle service last year and it kind of turned me off from using shuttles. It wasn't horrible but I guess I like to have a little more control over when I get to the port.

We stayed at the Doubletree a few weeks ago and drove to the port. We loved the Doubletree especially since its right on the beach. We will continue to stay here in the future.
__________________
4 NIGHT MAGIC 2014 The Magic is better than the Dream.....I'll be the judge of that!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3272639
5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators http://www.disboards.com/showthread.p?t=3121863
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
NickyKnack
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 785

I'll admit that I am leaning towards Doubletree - I just wish they had a better pool situation. I know they're right there on the beach - but I can't really swim in the ocean - my wife wont let me. If I go any deeper then about halfway to my waist she freaks out about the undertow.

Do you happen to know how far Doubletree is from the port? I'd still really like to figure out a way to get a rough estimate for cab fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
The Doubletree hand down!! My family stayed at the Radisson last year and while they had a very nice pool area the beds were so uncomfortable. They claim they are sleep number but it felt as though we were sleeping on an air mattress and every time DH would roll over I would bounce. It made for a terrible nights sleep. If you do stay here, I would ask for one of the remodeled rooms. We used their shuttle service last year and it kind of turned me off from using shuttles. It wasn't horrible but I guess I like to have a little more control over when I get to the port.

We stayed at the Doubletree a few weeks ago and drove to the port. We loved the Doubletree especially since its right on the beach. We will continue to stay here in the future.
NickyKnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
tweis
DIS Veteran
 
tweis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 2,656

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyKnack View Post
I'll admit that I am leaning towards Doubletree - I just wish they had a better pool situation. I know they're right there on the beach - but I can't really swim in the ocean - my wife wont let me. If I go any deeper then about halfway to my waist she freaks out about the undertow.

Do you happen to know how far Doubletree is from the port? I'd still really like to figure out a way to get a rough estimate for cab fair.
It's 10 minutes tops. I wouldn't think that cab fare would be very much for such a short trip.

Yeah the pool is kind of small but to me, that is the ONLY thing the Radisson has going for it.
__________________
4 NIGHT MAGIC 2014 The Magic is better than the Dream.....I'll be the judge of that!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3272639
5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators http://www.disboards.com/showthread.p?t=3121863
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
NickyKnack
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 785

Perfect - thank you, doubletree it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
It's 10 minutes tops. I wouldn't think that cab fare would be very much for such a short trip.

Yeah the pool is kind of small but to me, that is the ONLY thing the Radisson has going for it.
NickyKnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.