Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #46
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
Oh okay, thank you. I'm still hoping for free dining for October 27th-Nov 3rd. Tried everything to get a pin code. Still hopeful
We went that week last year and had public free dining. Fingers crossed for you! Be sure to pack some clothes for cool weather. Be prepared for all kinds of temps.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #47
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
We went that week last year and had public free dining. Fingers crossed for you! Be sure to pack some clothes for cool weather. Be prepared for all kinds of temps.
Thanks for the tip. Was wondering what kind of clothes to pack.
KathieSmallwood is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #48
RedStars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood
Oh okay, thank you. I'm still hoping for free dining for October 27th-Nov 3rd. Tried everything to get a pin code. Still hopeful
We're going the same week. We went last year at the same time and had our choice between FD or room discount.
RedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #49
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStars View Post
We're going the same week. We went last year at the same time and had our choice between FD or room discount.
Even more hopeful now. I bet you had a great time:-)
KathieSmallwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #50
akmebe
Earning My Ears

We are still hoping here they offer free dining Oct 5-12 if not we will be rescheduling our trip to spring 2014 which will mean more research for me on spring Disney dates!
akmebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #51
hatch184
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmebe View Post
We are still hoping here they offer free dining Oct 5-12 if not we will be rescheduling our trip to spring 2014 which will mean more research for me on spring Disney dates!
I am going sept 29-oct 7. I called Disney to ask about the free dining because they had it for the period right before I was going. I told them I really wanted to stay with them but that if I didn't get the free dining I wasn't going to be able to. They gave it to me without any problem. Call see what they say can't hurt.
hatch184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #52
DisFan2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Columbus Day is part of the reason, but the biggest reason is that those two weeks are school Fall Breaks in many districts across the country, and Disney doesn't need to offer deals during that time. Oct has had 2 weeks blocked out of FD for years.
Disappointing - although I've been pricing it out and presuming we get a room discount, the loss of "free" dining won't be as significant an impact on the wallet as I had first thought. In 2011 we went from October 3 - 15 and fell within the
free dining window. Was hoping our trip this year (October 5 - 15) would have worked out with the FD promotion too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatch184 View Post
I am going sept 29-oct 7. I called Disney to ask about the free dining because they had it for the period right before I was going. I told them I really wanted to stay with them but that if I didn't get the free dining I wasn't going to be able to. They gave it to me without any problem. Call see what they say can't hurt.
This seems.... unlikely.
July 1980 - Offsite with grandparents. March 1992 - Offsite. October 1994 - Honeymoon at Dixie Landing. November 1995 - Dixie Landings. October 1996 - Carribean Beach and Port Orleans. October 1998 - All Star Music. October 2000 - All Star Movies. October 2005 - Pop Century. October 2007 - Pop Century. October 2009 - Pop Century (maybe another resort if the incentives are right!!!), March 2011 - Polynesian?
DisFan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #53
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Awesome! There have been a lot of people posting similar stories lately.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #54
TwistGrl101
DIS Veteran

Very interesting...I was speaking to a mother on the playground who told me she is going on free dining last week of Aug, and I told her there is no free dining that week. She told me she called and said there has been free dining the last week of August the last couple times she has gone, and she can't go without it....they offered her the free dining for that week.
She told me to call and say the same thing, but I just yessed her to death because I didn't believe her. But now others are posting similar stories...hmm...
TwistGrl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #55
artesian
DIS Veteran

Curious then has there been any free dining into the first dining into the first two weeks of Nov?
Old 06-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #56
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistGrl101 View Post
Very interesting...I was speaking to a mother on the playground who told me she is going on free dining last week of Aug, and I told her there is no free dining that week. She told me she called and said there has been free dining the last week of August the last couple times she has gone, and she can't go without it....they offered her the free dining for that week.
She told me to call and say the same thing, but I just yessed her to death because I didn't believe her. But now others are posting similar stories...hmm...
It's very likely she had a pincode attached to her name when she called. It's also likely that castmembers are using codes they aren't supposed to be using to get the booking.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #57
Overexcited
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My parents went a few years ago planning ahead for free dinning. They announced all sorts of dates but theirs. I called and they have them a discount, did not equal free dinning but it took a good chunk off the dinning costs.
2010 POP
2013 CBR
2015 CBR
Overexcited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #58
Disneylifeforme
Mouseketeer

I had someone tell me today they got an email saying that lots of weeks of free dinning where gonna be available from September through December
Disneylifeforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #59
DisneyLover0610
Mouseketeer

Because you can book the September offer through 7/31, does that mean they won't announce any potential special offer until August for fall travel? We are booked for 10/18-10/25 and I'd love for free dining or a room only discount!
Thanks!
'83, '85, '92, '99, '03, '05, '06, '08 - Engagement Extravaganza, '10 - Honeymoon with Family & Friends, '11 - "Real" Honeymoon/Anniversary, '12 - Flower & Garden with Mom, '12 - Just Because, '13 - Surprise Day Trip for Husband's Bday, '13 - Our First CL Experience! Beach Club, '14 - Flower & Garden with Mom AND Dad!
October 2014 - We Can't Stay Away

DisneyLover0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #60
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
It's very likely she had a pincode attached to her name when she called.

It's also likely that castmembers are using codes they aren't supposed to be using to get the booking.
While the first is a possibility, the second is NOT likely at all. They are NOT allowed to offer discounts just to get people to book. If this is happening and people are being allowed to book outside the free dining window, it is being done with 100 % consent from Disney.

While this "invisible" discount is rare - it is not unheard of in the history of the walt disney company. It could well be that Disney has decided to allow CM the flexibility of offering FD outside the window to get people to book.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: