Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
jaykorf001
DIS Veteran
 
jaykorf001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: KC MO area
Posts: 528

September 2013 Website Rates

My friend is trying to talk me into meeting her and her kids at WDW in September. She's moved out of state and we don't get to see them as much as we'd like so I'm considering. I'd just take my son and leave DH home toiling away at the office. When I'm looking at the rates on the Disney website, are these the discounted September rates? I think they are but I'm not sure.

I didn't seem to get a bounce back offer from our June trip. Boo hoo.
jaykorf001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykorf001 View Post
My friend is trying to talk me into meeting her and her kids at WDW in September. She's moved out of state and we don't get to see them as much as we'd like so I'm considering. I'd just take my son and leave DH home toiling away at the office. When I'm looking at the rates on the Disney website, are these the discounted September rates? I think they are but I'm not sure.

I didn't seem to get a bounce back offer from our June trip. Boo hoo.
Unless you're going through the special link for the room discount, you are seeing rack rates. From the home page, click on the "places to stay" tab, and then "special offers" and that will give you a link for free dining and a room discount. You must go through the special links in order to get the discounted rate. If you call to get a quote or to book, you must mention the discount as the CM will quote you rack rate as discounts are not automatically given. HTH .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
jaykorf001
DIS Veteran
 
jaykorf001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: KC MO area
Posts: 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

Unless you're going through the special link for the room discount, you are seeing rack rates. From the home page, click on the "places to stay" tab, and then "special offers" and that will give you a link for free dining and a room discount. You must go through the special links in order to get the discounted rate. If you call to get a quote or to book, you must mention the discount as the CM will quote you rack rate as discounts are not automatically given. HTH .
Ahh. That makes a difference. Thanks. Only AK, GF, and Saratoga came up so I'm assuming they are the only deluxe resorts available for discount on my dates? I'm going to take off the Saturday night and see if that opens up more. Really want to see the rates for the Poly and WL as we just stayed at AK.
jaykorf001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykorf001 View Post
Ahh. That makes a difference. Thanks. Only AK, GF, and Saratoga came up so I'm assuming they are the only deluxe resorts available for discount on my dates? I'm going to take off the Saturday night and see if that opens up more. Really want to see the rates for the Poly and WL as we just stayed at AK.
You're welcome . Also try adding a night or two at the beginning and/or end of the dates you want. I'm not sure why it works that way, but sometimes more nights shows availability when a shorter stay does not . Good luck.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
jaykorf001
DIS Veteran
 
jaykorf001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: KC MO area
Posts: 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

You're welcome . Also try adding a night or two at the beginning and/or end of the dates you want. I'm not sure why it works that way, but sometimes more nights shows availability when a shorter stay does not . Good luck.
Thanks. What's weird is it works if I just select the Poly or WL instead of searching all deluxe resorts. BIG price difference. Now, figuring out how to mention this to my husband less than a week after returning from two weeks in Florida .... Scared.
jaykorf001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykorf001 View Post
Thanks. What's weird is it works if I just select the Poly or WL instead of searching all deluxe resorts. BIG price difference. Now, figuring out how to mention this to my husband less than a week after returning from two weeks in Florida .... Scared.
Glad it's showing the Poly and WL . LOL on telling your DH. You could always put the room on hold (for both a package and room only) so you have it and then talk to him. However, you have to call to do this as booking online requires a deposit at that time. When you call and book, you can have 7 days in which to make the deposit. Keep in mind, though, that if the deposit is not made within 7 days, the reservation will automatically cancel.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.