Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
DisneyLvr12
Mouseketeer

Best time to go in 2014?

We, typically, have been going the 2nd week in February. It's always be a, relatively, low crowd week with nice weather. This past Feb, however, it was insane! - almost booked to capacity! Looking at some hotels for that same week next year, there is nothing available. What the heck?! Daytona isn't until the last week, so what is going on the 2nd week in Feb?

I haven't looked at all the events going on, but when would be a good week to go next year? We would prefer Feb-early April at the latest.

Last edited by DisneyLvr12; 06-28-2013 at 02:52 PM.
DisneyLvr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
esdot
Earning My Ears

This is when we were planning on going as well. We haven't been in several years, but 2nd week in February was super light last time we went. I'd like to know if last year was just a fluke for you or if this is some new busy time. I definitely want to avoid large crowds.

Thanks!
esdot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

low crowds should be Jan (except holidays), Feb (just first 2 weeks), May, Sept

disney now has included most of August.

the third week in Feb until the second week in May is spring break somewhere in the US.

now some places may have moved to 2nd week in Feb - but would have except more complaints in Feb if that had happened.

so if you could go in May (not mother's day or memorial week) - it should be okay.

Sept has a reason it is generally free dinning - guests need a reason to visit then.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
esdot
Earning My Ears

How did you determine there were no rooms available? If you're going through Disney's website, then it shows no availability because the rates for 2014 have not been published yet. The rumor is that rates will be published on July 10th, so you should see plenty of room availability at that time.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
DisneyLvr12
Mouseketeer

Ah, that explains it! I was wondering how in the world it was already completely booked. Funny thing is, the site let me put in the Feb dates and it said no availability for that time frame. Lol...I'll try again in July.
DisneyLvr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
esdot
Earning My Ears

Yea, I've done the same thing. I think you'll find that there is a pretty large availability once the rates come out next month
Old 06-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
Phelia325
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLvr12 View Post
We, typically, have been going the 2nd week in February. It's always be a, relatively, low crowd week with nice weather. Last year, however, it was insane! - almost booked to capacity! Looking at some hotels for that same week next year, there is nothing available. What the heck?! Daytona isn't until the last week, so what is going on the 2nd week in Feb?

I haven't looked at all the events going on, but when would be a good week to go next year? We would prefer Feb-early April at the latest.
We found that to be the case this year too! We went the 1st week of february and it was crowded. Our last trip that time was 2011 and it was so wonderful and quiet. however, it's been my experience that the parks are more crowded the last two years...even during traditionally slow times.
Phelia325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Mardi Gras fell on Feb. 12th this year, and from what I've read on the boards, that increased the crowd level this past February. In 2014, Mardi Gras is in March, so I wouldn't think it would impact crowds in February.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #9
Mazz519
DIS Veteran

For us its the first week in december, Park is awesome them and not too crowded
Mazz519 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: