Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #886
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Sorry....didn't mean to burst any bubbles lol
I don't think Disney has any clue who gets FD. Its like they put everyone's name in a hat and start picking.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #887
Lisadaa2
Mouseketeer

What if someone with the same address as you gets a pin but isn't going can you use their code? For instance your husband gets one but he isn't going could you use his code since the address is the same?
Lisadaa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 12:18 AM   #888
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisadaa2 View Post
What if someone with the same address as you gets a pin but isn't going can you use their code? For instance your husband gets one but he isn't going could you use his code since the address is the same?
More than likely, yes. The address is the biggest factor, and with it being your spouse (and assuming you have the same last name), odds are great that they will let you use it. You may even be able to book it yourself online through the link or web address listed in the PIN info. Good luck!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:23 AM   #889
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If address is the same, you shuld be able to use it.

I started to get PINs in my work email. Family name was the same. Followed the link and my parents address showed. Called in and the PIN had my mothers name and my son's - talked about screwed up. After a while on hold, someone approve me using it since the email was mine. At first I was told that if I lived at that address I would be fine.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:25 AM   #890
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Now a question. Coworker is actually going during the same time I'm going but different resort. He doesn't have a PIN. I don't want to book his trip but anything I can help him with?

Also, would it mean that if I ended up not going for a reason, he would be screwed? Imagine if a public code comes out he could switch to it...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:14 AM   #891
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Mom View Post
I'm curious about something. For those that have gotten a pin, have you stayed on-site before? I know someone mentioned earlier that their notification said something to the effect "because you've stayed with us before" or something like that. I light bulb went off in my head a week or so ago ~ although I've been to WDW three times before, I have never stayed on-site. I had given up on getting a pin anyway but I think not staying on-site before may be a reason (among unknown others) that we didn't get a pin. Just trying to make sense of it ~ if there is any sense to be made, lol!
This will be our first time staying onsite and we haven't gotten anything either. Although last year I think we did get one snail mail butI knew we weren't going so didn't pay attention. Ugh!

Lol. :-))
Old 06-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #892
Tarheel Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
I don't think Disney has any clue who gets FD. Its like they put everyone's name in a hat and start picking.
Oh, you didn't burst my bubble ~ that just gives me reason to continue calling for a pin . Even though I'm sure the resort I want to stay has no availability, I would probably switch for fd as long as there's a moderate available.
11/18/11 - 11/26/11 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/20/13 - 11/30/13 - POR/Royal Guest Room
9/25/14 - 10/4/14 - Coronado Springs
9/25/15 - 10/3/15 - Coronado Springs

Tarheel Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #893
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
Now a question. Coworker is actually going during the same time I'm going but different resort. He doesn't have a PIN. I don't want to book his trip but anything I can help him with?

Also, would it mean that if I ended up not going for a reason, he would be screwed? Imagine if a public code comes out he could switch to it...
In order to link his room to your PIN, he has to be staying at the same resort. Unless one of you is willing to switch hotels, there is nothing you can do. That is very nice of you to try, though.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #894
Lisadaa2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

More than likely, yes. The address is the biggest factor, and with it being your spouse (and assuming you have the same last name), odds are great that they will let you use it. You may even be able to book it yourself online through the link or web address listed in the PIN info. Good luck!
Ok it's actually my mothers pin code. I should have been mire clear before but I was just asking about the address. We share the same driveway but have two separate houses so we have the same address. So it looks like we live in the same house BUT we don't and I no longer have her last name. Oh and our phone numbers would be different but I could keep it under hers. Do you think it might still work?
Lisadaa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #895
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
You may be on to something...makes the most sense yet...lol

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #896
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Well, I'm with the bunch of you who have not gotten the fd pin. But I was thinking yesterday that my planned vacation dates Nov 10-16 whould be off by one day for fd. My plan was to wait for the visa/gp offer to come out then switch my ress around to11/11-11/17 then do a room only on the 10th. I've seen that ticket prices have gone up so I was prepared to pay the difference with the switch. Well, I decided to call ahead of time to get the switching done now so if my mother is the one to do the fd add on it will make it easier for her. So I called and got a nice cm and explained what I wanted to do . Just so you know, we are staying at POR standard room with roll in shower(wheelchair assesable). He told me there was no problem with making a one day change and said my pkg would go up a little. When he was done it only went up twenty bucks. He didn't charge me the ticket increase. I guess tinkerbell gave me a little pixie dust even if it's not fd. I only did this because my mother is nervous about the day fd for visa holders comes out. I have a feeling it will be on a Monday and I'm always working so I told her she has to be the one to do it,at 6:59am,with all the rest of you crazy people trying to call in. But at least the switching around is done so it should make it easier on her to just add it.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #897
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Ok it's actually my mothers pin code. I should have been mire clear before but I was just asking about the address. We share the same driveway but have two separate houses so we have the same address. So it looks like we live in the same house BUT we don't and I no longer have her last name. Oh and our phone numbers would be different but I could keep it under hers. Do you think it might still work?
Who knows? I've given up trying to figure out any rhyme or reason about pin codes. It is certainly worth a try anyway.

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #898
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
I say, go for it too! Nothing to lose and having the same address has worked for several others. Let us know what happens and good luck!!!

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #899
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

I have said it before and I'll say it again. I hate these pins. They are so frustrating and random. If you're going to have a sale, and let's face it that's what it is, then have a sale for everyone. If you only want to reward people who have been before, then reward everyone who has been before. Everyone in my extended family and several friends have received this pin, but not me or DH. No one except my inlaws are using it. My inlaws wouldn't even be using it if it weren't for the fact that they decided to come with us. So indirectly I got the pin, but I still hate the pins and the randomness of them. Sorry, I'll stop complaining now. I just hate seeing so many people who love Disney and want to have a fun family vacation upset by these stupid pins.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #900
WDW1979

1979 June: Days Lodge Kissimmee - 1991 August: Rental house Orlando - 1997 May: Dixie Landings - 1998 May: Dixie Landings and Polynesian - 1999 July: Wilderness Lodge - 2000 May: Wilderness Lodge, Dixie Landings and Grand Floridian - 2002 April: Dixie Landings - 2002 May: Newport Bay Club at Disneyland Paris - 2003 May: Residence Inn LBV - 2004 April: Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club Villas - 2005 January/Feb: Fort Wilderness Cabins, Royal Pacific, Hilton - 2005 May: Hampton Inn and Riverside (POR) - 2006 January: Fort Wilderness Cabins and Beach Club Villas - 2007 March: Riverside (POR) - 2008 May: Pop Century - 2008 August: Embassy Suites Int'l Drive - 2009 July: Disneyland Hotel Hong Kong - 2009 Christmas: Wilderness Lodge and Homewood Suites - 2011 March: Riverside (POR), Fort Wilderness - 2012 March: Riverside (POR), Fort Wilderness - 2013 August: Contemporary, Riverside (POR) - 2014 March: Riverside (POR)
WDW1979 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: