Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #871
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangirl View Post
I just tried again also (after numerous attempts over the past two weeks) and was again told, no, there's no PIN attached to your name and we can't offer you free dining unless you have a PIN. The CM I spoke to was very nice and very patient, but the bottom line was....NO. So I'm continuing to hope for an FD release to the GP in the next month or so. But I totally don't understand how some people are getting FD without PINs, while others of us (many long-time, frequent visitors) have absolutely no such "luck", pixie dust, or whatever it is.
I don't get them either....
Old 06-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #872
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever

I know...that was sooo long ago...lol...I think you were one of the first to call and have "something"...wasn't it Mother's Day??
Yup!! Great memory lol
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #873
mickeymomof3girls
Earning My Ears

Well tried again today and still no pin for my family. But she did ask if I had a family member or friend that received a pin and I could use it. So I told her I do have a coworker that received ones she said I could have them book it for us... Made it sound like we could just use their pin so I questioned it and she said well they have to go the same time and overlap our dates at least one day..... Well that isn't going to work since they aren't going to Disney this year... Keep hoping for a general public deal. We are going oct 2-13 with our family of 5.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
mickeymomof3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #874
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post

I disagree! I don't like it at all. Maybe if I was a chosen one I would like it more, but I think it is a good way to aggravate the unchosen. I know it is doing a good job on my nerves.
Lol! Right there with ya!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #875
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnicash View Post
I called from my office phone at the car dealership where I work everyday for a month and got nothing. The first call I made from my cell phone got me free dining. I about fell out of my chair ,but I got it with no pin. Use a phone that will bring up your account and be real sweet.
Didn't work for me... :-(((
Old 06-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #876
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

If free dining comes out, can you book online or do you have to call? Say if it is a via cardholder offer, how do you book that? Thanks!
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #877
imabeimabe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Unless something fishy is going on, it would seem that...for the first time...Disney is doing something different. With some people able to get free dining just by calling in, and if they really didn't have a PIN attached to their name, it would only mean that Disney has given "blank PINs" out to CMs to sprinkle some pixie dust to some callers. This seems to be even more plausible due to the fact that not everyone is able to pull this off.

We're working on a rhyme or reason behind this, but this truly is something of an anomaly, and I hope it's one that's here to stay.
Ok I had given up on calling but now I'm thinking I'll try again in the morning. It's kinda like when you buy a lottery ticket and you KNOW you aren't going to win but yet you buy it and dream right up until.....
imabeimabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #878
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
If free dining comes out, can you book online or do you have to call? Say if it is a via cardholder offer, how do you book that? Thanks!
When a promo is offered to Disney Visa holders first, you or your TA call Disney directly

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #879
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
When a promo is offered to Disney Visa holders first, you or your TA call Disney directly
Thanks! If it is general public discount you can do it online?
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #880
Tarheel Mom
Mouseketeer

I'm curious about something. For those that have gotten a pin, have you stayed on-site before? I know someone mentioned earlier that their notification said something to the effect "because you've stayed with us before" or something like that. I light bulb went off in my head a week or so ago ~ although I've been to WDW three times before, I have never stayed on-site. I had given up on getting a pin anyway but I think not staying on-site before may be a reason (among unknown others) that we didn't get a pin. Just trying to make sense of it ~ if there is any sense to be made, lol!
11/18/11 - 11/26/11 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/20/13 - 11/30/13 - POR/Royal Guest Room
9/25/14 - 10/4/14 - Coronado Springs

Tarheel Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #881
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Yes you can. A lot of people choose to still call because there may be several switching around that has to be done (not getting preferred resort/room category,etc) and they feel more comfortable having a live CM checking out all their options.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #882
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
You can only do it online if you're making a new resrvation. If you already have an existing reservation, you'll need to call (if you booked with a TA, your TA would need to call). Personally, I'd prefer to call anyway. CMs should be able to check availability faster than you can do online.
Good luck!

Disney Fan for Life

Last edited by Sylkie31; 06-27-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #883
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Mom
I'm curious about something. For those that have gotten a pin, have you stayed on-site before? I know someone mentioned earlier that their notification said something to the effect "because you've stayed with us before" or something like that. I light bulb went off in my head a week or so ago ~ although I've been to WDW three times before, I have never stayed on-site. I had given up on getting a pin anyway but I think not staying on-site before may be a reason (among unknown others) that we didn't get a pin. Just trying to make sense of it ~ if there is any sense to be made, lol!
I went last year for the first time since 1997 and I did not stay on site. We stayed with my FIL in Sebring, FL. This time around we're staying at POP. We got FD back in May for October.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #884
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Mom View Post
I totally understand that...I was trying to do the same thing earlier with the transferring to guest services theory. That got debunked! I don't think any one factor can be determined...seems there is always an exception...lol. But maybe you are on to something. I got a PIN and have always stayed on site; but this was my FIRST PIN ever!!! And gosh darn it, I was already booked with Sept. free dining. Oh well!!!

Old 06-27-2013, 10:33 PM   #885
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
I went last year for the first time since 1997 and I did not stay on site. We stayed with my FIL in Sebring, FL. This time around we're staying at POP. We got FD back in May for October.
There ya go. Sorry Tarheel Mom, Kat just debunked that theory too!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: