Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #211
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbbarnes View Post
We are staying the night before at Comfort suites Miami airport north. It had good
huh? i think you forgot something
mmcxiiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #212
barbbarnes
Earning My Ears

Sorry ....
It had good reviews on trip advisor and free shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to port.

I'm not sure about restaurants either but would love to know so good ideas!
barbbarnes is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #213
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

For some reason my phone decided to stop sending me notifications when there was an update to the thread! More super warm days here in Anchorage--it was 80 here today. One of the kids in my Pre-K class brought in a picture of a cruise ship for a project that we are working on...is it sad that I knew it was the Magic just by looking at the staircase in a atrium (without the Mickey statue showing)?

May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney Wonder
hamm1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #214
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm1207 View Post
One of the kids in my Pre-K class brought in a picture of a cruise ship for a project that we are working on...is it sad that I knew it was the Magic just by looking at the staircase in a atrium (without the Mickey statue showing)?
Not at all. Although, when I am out in public, I very often downplay my disney knowledge as to not come off a little too peculiar. But in private, I fly the D flag.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #215
shanie17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbbarnes View Post
Sorry ....
It had good reviews on trip advisor and free shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to port.

I'm not sure about restaurants either but would love to know so good ideas!
Thanks for the hotel idea!!! I will check that one out. Im looking fora hotel with shuttles.

I will look on trip advisor for some restaurants!!!

Thank you!!!!

url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]
shanie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #216
shanie17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
For some reason my phone decided to stop sending me notifications when there was an update to the thread! More super warm days here in Anchorage--it was 80 here today. One of the kids in my Pre-K class brought in a picture of a cruise ship for a project that we are working on...is it sad that I knew it was the Magic just by looking at the staircase in a atrium (without the Mickey statue showing)?
wow! Thats great weather!!!!!!Enjoy those 80’s!!
We have the same weather here in CA . We are supposed to be in the 90’s this week, which is hot for us!

[/url]
Old 06-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #217
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanie17 View Post
wow! Thats great weather!!!!!!Enjoy those 80’s!!
We have the same weather here in CA . We are supposed to be in the 90’s this week, which is hot for us!
I am going to go out on a limb, but I think 80 in Alaska may feel a lot hotter then 80 in Arizona... just my guess.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #218
shanie17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcxiiad View Post
I am going to go out on a limb, but I think 80 in Alaska may feel a lot hotter then 80 in Arizona... just my guess.
Do you live In AZ?

[/url]
Old 06-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #219
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanie17 View Post
Do you live In AZ?
No, but I have been there many times for work to know what it is like.

I live outside of Richmond, VA. It can get up to 100 a few times a year.... but it is the humidity. I hate the humidity. It can make 90°+ brutal.

That said, I love how people say oh, Arizona is much better because it is a dry heat. When ever I hear that, I always think that the oven is a dry heat too.

Personally, if I had my choice, I would move to San Diego. I love the weather there. But on the other hand, I could sell my 3200 sq ft house and have enough to get something that is less then a third of the size.

<end rant>
Old 06-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #220
shanie17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
No, but I have been there many times for work to know what it is like.

I live outside of Richmond, VA. It can get up to 100 a few times a year.... but it is the humidity. I hate the humidity. It can make 90°+ brutal.

That said, I love how people say oh, Arizona is much better because it is a dry heat. When ever I hear that, I always think that the oven is a dry heat too.

Personally, if I had my choice, I would move to San Diego. I love the weather there. But on the other hand, I could sell my 3200 sq ft house and have enough to get something that is less then a third of the size.

<end rant>
I live in CA about 2 hours from San Diego.

I had a friend just move to VA last week for a job. They live near Virginia Beach. She just messaged me complaining about the humidity.
I have been on vacations with humidity but have never lived in it. And yes, youre right about the real estate. We always say here in my town that we are paying for the weather, not the house.

[/url]
Old 06-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #221
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

VA Beach is nice, but the traffic is horrid. If you haven't heard that from your friend yet, you soon will. That will be complaint #2.

Honestly, the humidity is only bad July and August. Sometimes a little at the end of June or beginning of September, but other wise the weather isn't bad.

ok, we need to find another topic other then weather.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:52 AM   #222
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

Quote:
VA Beach is nice, but the traffic is horrid. If you haven't heard that from your friend yet, you soon will. That will be complaint #2.

Honestly, the humidity is only bad July and August. Sometimes a little at the end of June or beginning of September, but other wise the weather isn't bad.

ok, we need to find another topic other then weather.
My family is from VA. My dad an brother are VT grads and my mom is a Radford grad (then there's me who started my college at WVU before moving to TX). My brother owns a house on VA beach but is currently based in San Diego (navy).

We are roasting up here in the 80s!! We moved up two years ago from Houston and it's amazing how quickly your blood will thicken (once it gets to the 30s we start taking off layers and 50s/60s starts shorts weather). 80 degree days with the breeze at sea are perfect!!

May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney Wonder
Old 06-27-2013, 02:07 AM   #223
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
My family is from VA. My dad an brother are VT grads and my mom is a Radford grad (then there's me who started my college at WVU before moving to TX). My brother owns a house on VA beach but is currently based in San Diego (navy).

We are roasting up here in the 80s!! We moved up two years ago from Houston and it's amazing how quickly your blood will thicken (once it gets to the 30s we start taking off layers and 50s/60s starts shorts weather). 80 degree days with the breeze at sea are perfect!!
well, this is starting to sound like that ride whose music always gets stuck in your head (small world).
Old 06-27-2013, 05:58 AM   #224
barbbarnes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanie17
Hi everyone!!!
Hope you're all going great!!

Can you guys recommend a hotel you're staying at before or after the cruise?
Also any restaurants if you've been to Miami ?

We're getting excited about the FE!

I wanted to let you know that I starred a FB group if you have any interest in that. I read in the earlier posts that some of you are not interested and I understand that completely . Ill actually participate in both . For those of you that might be interested the page is called Disney Magic 10/27/2013.
I like to be social so it's just one more way for me to do that. I am excited to get to know you guys on the dis boards too!
Shannon
I tried to find the Facebook page but wasn't successful. I only found the one with 10/20/2013, and a November cruise. I'll check later though from my computer instead of my phone.
barbbarnes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #225
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

I'm heading off the grid (sort of) for the weekend. I'm heading down to Vancouver, WA for a gymnastics clinic. I'm trusting my husband to get us checked in and booking Palo, etc on the 29th! We just booked dinner reservations for the 24th & 25th (Bongos Cuban Cafe & Sanaa). We're another day closer to the cruise!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: