Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #826
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

I too was given a pin and had none attached to my name. I called to check because there was a possibility that we would have to cancel as one of our larger landscaping customers had a fire and so we lost the account. There was one for my dad but he is not travelling with us. The CM told me it was non-transferrable which I knew. I told her I knew it was random and I understood that I just wasn't lucky enough. But, I also said that it is frustrating to those of us that go year after year and spend lots while there in addition to the actual package price. At this point, we could have almost purchased a house for what we have spent at Disney since our first family trip in 2005! Anyway, I went on to tell her that I knew it was not her fault and I was not asking for anything for nothing...just venting and she said that she was sorry and placed me on hold. When she came back, she said she needed to transfer me. I was sent to someone else and that's who gave me free dining. But, there was nothing available for 5 people at POR...only Royal Rooms left. So, the cheapest route was BWI...not too cheap! LOL I was very appreciative, believe me. It is nice to save anything. However, I was not nasty at all...just strictly defending those of us that should be by rights part owner of the company by now I did call back today to check on POR again and was still told no. I did get to switch into two rooms at POP and pay the upgrade to regular dining which saved me $1000. She did tell me that there is a small chance that the offer will go public. You can take that for what it's worth...we all know that the info you get from the phone CM's is not overly reliable. But, she also said if it does go public they have been told that the inventory will not increase (so no more POR) because the bookings on these pins were high. Again, true? Guess only time will tell. But, in the meantime, I will keep calling to see if something opens for POR. If not, I at least saved something.

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
LOVEMY3KIDDOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #827
GhostLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLKennedy View Post
When my DH called and got FD for us without a PIN (10/18 thru 10/26) we already had a package booked and paid for and DME scheduled. Perhaps that's why we got it? Who knows....

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
We got it for the same dates (we leave on the 25th).

Nov. 2008- POR and FW........June 2011-POP

Oct. 13th-18th, 2013--Rolling Hills and 1st visit to US/IOA
Oct. 18th-26th, 2013--POP(taking friends for their 1st visit & to celebrate their DD's 7th B-day)

GhostLady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #828
katielafave
Mouseketeer

Just called. Not sure why since we are not even in the PIN window (Oct 5 - 12), but since others were getting pixie dust it seemed worth a try. As expected, nothing is available for my dates, but she said maybe early August. I know CM info is not always the most reliable, but maybe there is still a chance. I wold be equally happy with a RO at this point.?
katielafave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #829
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
It makes me wonder if some people had the pin all along but the cm told them the he or she would just give them one in the hopes of a favorable survey at the end of the call. Who knows, maybe the get some kind of bonus if you take the survey stating what a wonderful cm they are.
That I would understand. Like I said it's great for the people that it happens for. It just sounded strange to me.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #830
Shanna-like-Banana
DIS Veteran

I just got off with what sounded to be somebody NOT in a call center.

He sounded very nervous too. Denied again.

He said a few things that I've never heard any other CM state, that there is free dining during the time I was asking about Oct 20-27, but " that it's for select guests and you're not one of them "

I was kind, but direct, no dice
Shanna-like-Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #831
peel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna-like-Banana View Post
" that it's for select guests and you're not one of them "

peel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #832
oceangirl
Mouseketeer

I just tried again also (after numerous attempts over the past two weeks) and was again told, no, there's no PIN attached to your name and we can't offer you free dining unless you have a PIN. The CM I spoke to was very nice and very patient, but the bottom line was....NO. So I'm continuing to hope for an FD release to the GP in the next month or so. But I totally don't understand how some people are getting FD without PINs, while others of us (many long-time, frequent visitors) have absolutely no such "luck", pixie dust, or whatever it is.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #833
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Unless something fishy is going on, it would seem that...for the first time...Disney is doing something different. With some people able to get free dining just by calling in, and if they really didn't have a PIN attached to their name, it would only mean that Disney has given "blank PINs" out to CMs to sprinkle some pixie dust to some callers. This seems to be even more plausible due to the fact that not everyone is able to pull this off.

We're working on a rhyme or reason behind this, but this truly is something of an anomaly, and I hope it's one that's here to stay.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #834
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangirl View Post
I just tried again also (after numerous attempts over the past two weeks) and was again told, no, there's no PIN attached to your name and we can't offer you free dining unless you have a PIN. The CM I spoke to was very nice and very patient, but the bottom line was....NO. So I'm continuing to hope for an FD release to the GP in the next month or so. But I totally don't understand how some people are getting FD without PINs, while others of us (many long-time, frequent visitors) have absolutely no such "luck", pixie dust, or whatever it is.
I know, I don't get it. Happy for everyone who got it miraculously without a PIN but the unfairness or unluckiness if you will, chaps my tail.

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #835
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
chaps my tail.
lol...that's so cute...your avatar's a chipmunk...

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #836
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy
I just don't know if I'm buying this whole free dinning with out a pin thing. Why would they do it for some and not others. I mean if it's true it's great for those who got it, it just seems a little off to me.
I called and got fd....I never received an email or snail mail.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #837
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

lol...that's so cute...your avatar's a chipmunk...
Thought that would make Tail an appropriate word substitution :laugh

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #838
debf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
I called and got fd....I never received an email or snail mail.
So did the CM just give you free dining or did you have a pin attached to your name that the CM found when you called? I tried to get it the other day but was told no because I don't have a pin.

debf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #839
Tinker12
Mouseketeer

This is the 2nd time I've called today after reading all the posts. My husband talked to the CM's. He was on the phone with them for around 15- 20 minutes having great conversations about discounts and to see if we can get one.

I know that we should not put much weight on what CM's are telling us, but he was patched through 2 CM's and they both stated that CM's do not have the "power" to give the FD. They can't override the systems... etc.

Both CM's were very nice and tried everything to help my DH with any type of discount.

I'm really thinking that the pins were attached to the names and this is what's happening.

But we will never know.. will we =(
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Tinker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #840
hippsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
I know, I don't get it. Happy for everyone who got it miraculously without a PIN but the unfairness or unluckiness if you will, chaps my tail.
Couldn't agree with you more!
hippsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: