Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #1996
kdn hawaii
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post

If you find yourself eating at a spot, in the parks, that gives you free refills, you can refill your glass and then dump whatever you don't finish into your resort mug. Many do that. It's nice if you like to have something to sip on, and you would otherwise be leaving an almost full glass of soda behind.
Great idea! Thanks!
kdn hawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #1997
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
I really wish we could do this. We have five mugs from our last trip. I have no problem paying for the refill privileges. I don't want more mugs. I'm sure if you have the dining plan, you could bring your old mug and just not get new ones (I wouldn't think this is a violation of Disney rules, since you're paying for the mug with your dining plan). But if you're otherwise paying OOP, you're sort of stuck with getting a new mug or just paying OOP for your drinks.
I'm hoping this is something they address in the full magic band roll-out. It would be nice to have the option of putting the refill "add on" on the band and choosing whether to bring my own mug or buy a new one depending on what styles are currently available, rather than being locked in to accumulating mugs we don't really want because we drink coffee/tea/soda on vacation.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #1998
Polynesian27
Mouseketeer

Resort Quick Service Meal - Using Your Mug for extra Yum!

The resort mugs are great to have for dessert lovers! When we eat at a QS inside our resort we bring our mugs and use them for our drinks and replace the drink with an extra dessert! This of course only works if your on the DDP. We would bring the extra desserts back to our room for a late night snack or breakfast in the morning, such as a muffin. You could also grab a drink that is capped and use your resort mug for lunch or dinner so you don't have to open it and save it for later in the room refrigerator!
Polynesian27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #1999
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polynesian27 View Post
The resort mugs are great to have for dessert lovers! When we eat at a QS inside our resort we bring our mugs and use them for our drinks and replace the drink with an extra dessert! This of course only works if your on the DDP. We would bring the extra desserts back to our room for a late night snack or breakfast in the morning, such as a muffin. You could also grab a drink that is capped and use your resort mug for lunch or dinner so you don't have to open it and save it for later in the room refrigerator!
Didn;t know about the subbing drink with dessert, but I find our QS desserts tend to stockpile, DW and I are not big dessert eaters. But nonetheless that's creative and good thinking to save on snacks. I do the other thing with capped drinks though, will use my mugs, and grab a drink to pop in the fridge. Usually grab a chocolate milk or Orange Juice to have when I first wake up, take my meds, and ready to get moving.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

BigTikiDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #2000
yaksack
DIS Veteran

What do this years mugs look like? Can anyone post a picture? Any new colors?

Prior to 1997 - Too young or too drunk to remember
1997 - Honeymoon - Wilderness Lodge
2001 - WL
2002 - POFQ
2004 - WL
2006 - VWL
2008 - AKLV and BCV
2009 - VWL
2011 - Treehouses/Bay Lake Tower
2013 - VWL

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
yaksack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #2001
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaksack View Post
What do this years mugs look like? Can anyone post a picture? Any new colors?
Same as they have been for the past couple years. No new colors. Picture is in post #1594. Although that picture only shows the pink and black, there is also a light blue one.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #2002
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

I am at ASM right now. As of today the mugs are still the same pool scene in black, blue and pink.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #2003
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know the current price of water park mugs and the cost of a sticker for an old mug? I have an old mug somewhere and I'm debating whether I should bother searching for it.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #2004
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
I am at ASM right now. As of today the mugs are still the same pool scene in black, blue and pink.
Well that just stinks.

Thanks for the update though!

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

homeschoolmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #2005
troyseyfert
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if they have flavored light lemonade at any of the resorts? I was looking at the POFQ refill station and thought I saw a different form of minute maid light lemonade with a different color...is there pomegranate or raspberry light lemonade?

Please let me know soon...this would make my trip even MORE awesome if they have flavored light lemonade now. Thanks
troyseyfert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #2006
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyseyfert View Post
Does anyone know if they have flavored light lemonade at any of the resorts? I was looking at the POFQ refill station and thought I saw a different form of minute maid light lemonade with a different color...is there pomegranate or raspberry light lemonade?

Please let me know soon...this would make my trip even MORE awesome if they have flavored light lemonade now. Thanks
Andre answered your question on the POFQ FAQ thread. It's pomegranate lemonade. I saw it at ASMu last week. I'm sure it's available all over.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #2007
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
I'm hoping this is something they address in the full magic band roll-out. It would be nice to have the option of putting the refill "add on" on the band and choosing whether to bring my own mug or buy a new one depending on what styles are currently available, rather than being locked in to accumulating mugs we don't really want because we drink coffee/tea/soda on vacation.
This would be wonderful. As it is, we'll likely just buy two mugs for our next trip in January (assuming they haven't changed). My husband and I don't tend to use them (we generally drink the bottled water). But the kids like to have something, especially at the pool.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #2008
cindym
Mouseketeer

I really don't want to read through 134 pages so I'm sorry if this has already been answered. Do kids get a mug too? We are on the regular dining plan. Thanks
Old 06-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #2009
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindym View Post
I really don't want to read through 134 pages so I'm sorry if this has already been answered. Do kids get a mug too? We are on the regular dining plan. Thanks
If you have the dining plan, every guest on the dining plan gets a mug. However, if you have a child under the age of three, that child will not get a mug because you don't pay for the plan for a child under three. You could purchase a mug, though, for that child if you wanted an additional mug.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #2010
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
Does anyone know the current price of water park mugs and the cost of a sticker for an old mug? I have an old mug somewhere and I'm debating whether I should bother searching for it.
I believe it's $9.99 for a new mug, and $5 for the sticker. My Dsis took my old mug there last year and she mentioned that it was much larger than the ones they sell now.
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: