Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #961
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
We were at CBR June 7-14 and found the bus standing room only all the time. We stood about half the time but we are at Disney and it is different every time. Luck of the draw or timing would you. We will stay at CBR again. Love the food court, pools, beautiful walks and it looks like a new fire pit is in order near Shutters . The food court was used by us more at this resort then any other resort. Wish we had time for a dinner at Shutters.
What section were you in? We were there June 5-14 and only had to stand a few times at park closing. We were in Martinique, and it seemed like we were usually one of the earlier pick-up stops; depending on which entrance the bus used, but most of ours went the same way. Maybe we rode a bus together!
Old 06-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #962
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

We were in Martinique 24and I am not complaining but mentioning that it was bizzy. We road only one bus that did not have people standing when we left the resort. When leaving the parks I expect packed buses. When the parks are crazy we should expect ALL buses to be full. We only had a few that Martinique was not the first stop which was good because we could sit or get off first. It is never the fault of the transportation for timing or fullness but I found that we did wait about an hour because the first bus was full when it arrived. Those that were complaining about missing DR's was their fault for cutting it to close. We probably did ride a bus together, I was the worn out fat 65 year old about 6' tall.

I find transportation and problems the same at all resorts.

It sure was warm that week?

Lisa put us on to CBR and a big thanks for that.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #963
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
We were in Martinique 24and I am not complaining but mentioning that it was bizzy. We road only one bus that did not have people standing when we left the resort. When leaving the parks I expect packed buses. When the parks are crazy we should expect ALL buses to be full. We only had a few that Martinique was not the first stop which was good because we could sit or get off first. It is never the fault of the transportation for timing or fullness but I found that we did wait about an hour because the first bus was full when it arrived. Those that were complaining about missing DR's was their fault for cutting it to close. We probably did ride a bus together, I was the worn out fat 65 year old about 6' tall.

I find transportation and problems the same at all resorts.

It sure was warm that week?

Lisa put us on to CBR and a big thanks for that.
Did you know there was a group at CBR at the same time for some cheerleading/dance/something? We didn't have a clue until DH went to the Custom House to check on our balance. I don't know what section they were in, we saw several teen girls together at the pool the next day but that was the only time we might have seen them.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #964
MVC1225
Mouseketeer

We just booked at CBR (King bed room) for September 12-15. We did not book an accessible room as there were none available and we don't generally need the extra accomodations that come with those rooms. I do however use an ECV I rent offsite. I understand that there are no elevators at CBR. I will request a first floor room when do the online check in but should I be concerned about getting a King bed room on the first floor somewhere? I really don't care which area I'm in just that it has to be first floor and king bed. Does any one have any input? Should I switch to Coronado instead?

Thanks
Future Trips: October 2014 - AS Sports; January 2015 - Fort Wilderness

Old 06-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #965
JLKennedy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC1225 View Post
We just booked at CBR (King bed room) for September 12-15. We did not book an accessible room as there were none available and we don't generally need the extra accomodations that come with those rooms. I do however use an ECV I rent offsite. I understand that there are no elevators at CBR. I will request a first floor room when do the online check in but should I be concerned about getting a King bed room on the first floor somewhere? I really don't care which area I'm in just that it has to be first floor and king bed. Does any one have any input? Should I switch to Coronado instead?

Thanks
I'd switch if its a huge concern for you. I always take the gamble...sometimes I win, sometimes the "mouse" wins.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 06-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #966
MVC1225
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLKennedy View Post
I'd switch if its a huge concern for you. I always take the gamble...sometimes I win, sometimes the "mouse" wins.

I couldn't get the ECV in the room (or climb the stairs for that matter) if I'm on the second floor so it would be physically impossible to stay there if I have a second story room. Would they take this into account?

Old 06-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #967
JLKennedy
DIS Veteran

I've never stayed at this property before...so I don't know. I know that everything, except room booked types, are requests, not guaranteed. If you can handle stairs, stay there, if not I'd change.

If I'm being completely honest, the reason we booked here was the lack of elevators...I like my kids to move as much as possible and this appealed to me.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #968
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I couldn't get the ECV in the room (or climb the stairs for that matter) if I'm on the second floor so it would be physically impossible to stay there if I have a second story room. Would they take this into account?
Yes, they would take it into account. I'd make sure that they make a notation that you'll have a ECV with you and that you will absolutely need a downstairs room. My mother has stayed with us at the CBR three times and, each time, I've requested downstairs so that she wouldn't have to take the stairs. Although downstairs was never guaranteed, they did place us in a downstairs room.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #969
MVC1225
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I've never stayed at this property before...so I don't know. I know that everything, except room booked types, are requests, not guaranteed. If you can handle stairs, stay there, if not I'd change.

If I'm being completely honest, the reason we booked here was the lack of elevators...I like my kids to move as much as possible and this appealed to me.

I called them again and explained the situation. They were able to locate a King Bed accessible room and I was able to switch my reservation to that. Problem solved!!

Now if it were only September already.....

Old 06-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #970
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I called them again and explained the situation. They were able to locate a King Bed accessible room and I was able to switch my reservation to that. Problem solved!!

Now if it were only September already.....
Great news! Now, you can relax and count down the days!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 06-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #971
JLKennedy
DIS Veteran

Phew! Now you can relax....yeah right!! None of us can relax!

Old 06-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #972
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:

True! True! We haven't been back from the CBR even a month and I'm already planning our next trip to WDW.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #973
MVC1225
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Great news! Now, you can relax and count down the days!

Thanks!!

Now that September is set waiting for AP rates for my October trip to see if I switch from Pop to either Riverside or Coronado for that trip....

Old 06-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #974
Raya
Mouseketeer

King room questions...

We just booked. We've never stayed at CBR before... DH wanted a pirate room but since there's no way we'd both fit in a double bed we went with a King room. A few questions:

Does anyone have photos of the King rooms?

Where are the King rooms located?

When I made my reservation (online) there was no option for preferred/non-preferred rooms, just King bed, water view, or standard view. How can I request a preferred location?

We don't mind walking but we loathe noise. Do I want a preferred location or will it be noisier?

About how much are cab rides from each of the parks to CBR (AK, HS, MK, & EPCOT)?

Thank you! And if this is all answered somewhere I"m happy to get a link, I read through a bunch of pages but didn't see it.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #975
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya View Post
We just booked. We've never stayed at CBR before... DH wanted a pirate room but since there's no way we'd both fit in a double bed we went with a King room. A few questions:

Does anyone have photos of the King rooms?

Where are the King rooms located?

When I made my reservation (online) there was no option for preferred/non-preferred rooms, just King bed, water view, or standard view. How can I request a preferred location?

We don't mind walking but we loathe noise. Do I want a preferred location or will it be noisier?

About how much are cab rides from each of the parks to CBR (AK, HS, MK, & EPCOT)?

Thank you! And if this is all answered somewhere I"m happy to get a link, I read through a bunch of pages but didn't see it.
I'm sure that there are pictures of the king rooms somewhere on the Dis but I did a google imagine search and found one:

The bedding is being changed out and are now white instead of the bright one shown in the picture above.

There are king bed rooms in all of the resort villages with the exception of Trinidad South (pirate rooms). If you have no problem walking, then you'll be fine with a standard king room. We've stayed in Jamaica, Aruba, Barbados and Martinique and most of our walks to Old Port Royale (food court, main pool, etc.) have been about 5 minutes. The walk from Barbados was a little longer but not by much. In all of our stays, I do believe that our quietest room was in Barbados building 11.

We've always had a car at our disposal so we've never had to take a cab so I can't help you there. Hopefully, someone else can chime in on that question.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: