Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #166
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

I have been lurking on this page with envy since my trip this year won't be to the Poly We just recently became DVC members and Bought at BWV. As happy as I was to join DVC, I just knew that I would miss the Polynesian, but I guess the Tiki Gods shined down on me because I was just able to book 5 nights next door at the Grand Floridian Villas So I will see you soon Polynesian
Old 06-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #167
Tinkl0ver66
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneefamily+4 View Post
Lookit what we got in the mail yesterday! Love my Mickey Mail - especially when it says Polynesian on the DME tags!!!
How exciting!! Can't wait to get mine, but it will be a while...355 more days till we are at the Polynesian! So excited!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #168
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

I've seen a couple references to Tikiman's site. Can someone share this with me? I have questions about requesting longhouses.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #169
buzzmom12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd View Post

Absolutely!
Sunday - bacon wrapped chicken, raspberry/brie pastry, turkey salad
Monday - sushi, Ohana salad, tuna spoon
Tuesday - conch fritters, vegetable cornucopia (I must be missing one here!)
Wednesday - sticky wings, pot stickers, green bean salad
Thursday - crab rangoons, meatballs, pasta salad (and rumblings of ribs!!)
Friday - beef wellington, mango/guava empanadas, kim chee

I'm missing Saturday . Of course, every night they have a selection of cheeses and crackers, vegetables and dip, pineapple (and maybe other fruit?), hummus and pita bread, and kids' choices like pb&j uncrustables.

I know these are all subject to change, but I remember having the beef wellington on a Friday night back in Sept 2011 (it was fantastic ), so maybe they don't really change them all that frequently?
Thank you!
Old 06-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #170
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
I've seen a couple references to Tikiman's site. Can someone share this with me? I have questions about requesting longhouses.
Just type tikiman into Google. It'll be the first link.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #171
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Just type tikiman into Google. It'll be the first link.
Got it. thanks much!
Old 06-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #172
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

So, I logged into my email about 1 month ago and I see an email titled "Disney Destinations Confirmation". My DH is a CM but we live in CT and he has NEVER reserved a Disney vacation without my input. I'm the Disney nut...not him. So, I call him at work and say, "What have you done?". His response: "there is an awesome CM discount out for this summer, so I thought why not?". He then tells me that he booked 10 days at WL CL because that was the only CL available under the discount.

Well, we just went to WDW in April and we've never done 2 trips in one year. But, he sells me on the fact that it will be really affordable with the discount.

The next day he calls me from work and says that AKL CL is now available and since that has a bigger pool maybe the kids would like that better. I say "OK".

Then, a week later he calls me and says, "Guess what??!! The Poly is now available under the discount. But, it's not CL. It is TPV. I know you've always wanted to stay there, do you want me to change the reservation again?" I say, "yes, definitely!"

Well, now this past weekend, he makes one more call and guess what? Now, CL at the Poly is available under his discount, but the only category available is CL TPV. "What do you want me to do?" he asks. And then he adds, "Come on, when will we ever be able to afford Poly CL TPV?? I can't guarantee that I'll ever get a discount like this again." And so.....

We are headed to Poly CL TPV in just over one month from now!!! And, our 'affordable trip' has turned into a bit of a splurge even with the discount. We could never afford that room at rack rate!

So, now I'm off to read all of this thread. It is our 1st time at the Poly and I am super excited! But, I'm also a little nervous because it's still pretty expensive even with the discount.

So, help me out Poly lovers...tell me that it will be money wisely spent! Of course it will...right??

Last edited by CT Disney; 06-27-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #173
TPTraveler
Mouseketeer

Great tags!

What fun! I love the poly, it's one of my favorites.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #174
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
So, I logged into my email about 1 month ago and I see an email titled "Disney Destinations Confirmation". My DH is a CM but we live in CT and he has NEVER reserved a Disney vacation without my input. I'm the Disney nut...not him. So, I call him at work and say, "What have you done?". His response: "there is an awesome CM discount out for this summer, so I thought why not?". He then tells me that he booked 10 days at WL CL because that was the only CL available under the discount.

Well, we just went to WDW in April and we've never done 2 trips in one year. But, he sells me on the fact that it will be really affordable with the discount.

The next day he calls me from work and says that AKL CL is now available and since that has a bigger pool maybe the kids would like that better. I say "OK".

Then, a week later he calls me and says, "Guess what??!! The Poly is now available under the discount. But, it's not CL. It is TPV. I know you've always wanted to stay there, do you want me to change the reservation again?" I say, "yes, definitely!"

Well, now this past weekend, he makes one more call and guess what? Now, CL at the Poly is available under his discount, but the only category available is CL TPV. "What do you want me to do?" he asks. And then he adds, "Come on, when will we ever be able to afford Poly CL TPV?? I can't guarantee that I'll ever get a discount like this again." And so.....

We are headed to Poly CL TPV in just over one month from now!!! And, our 'affordable trip' has turned into a bit of a splurge even with the discount. We could never afford that room at rack rate!

So, now I'm off to read all of this thread. It is our 1st time at the Poly and I am super excited! But, I'm also a little nervous because it's still pretty expensive even with the discount.

So, help me out Poly lovers...tell me that it will be money wisely spent! Of course it will...right??
Congrats on the Poly . It will definitely be money well spent (IMO). We've stayed at the Poly before but not CL (we're trying CL in December) and I have read nothing but great things about it....especially the view from the lounge . Have a great trip......you're going to love the Poly .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #175
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That is so cool! We have never stayed at the Poly or CL, but we are staying Poly CL in September. I hope you have a wonderful time. Please post what you think about it when you get back. I love hearing and seeing pictures before we go.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 06-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #176
Lita
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I've never stayed CL, but I'm sure it will be awesome!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DL - numerous times as I grew up in CA
WDW - CBR 97, Poly May 2013
DCL - Dream April 2014
DCL - Fantasy August Eastern Caribbean 2015

Me 40 DH 48, DD7, DD5
Old 06-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #177
Monorail Bob's dd
DIS Veteran

Just made my final payment this morning, we will be at the Poly in 45 days!

Poly - '80, '84, '91, CR - '87, '88, BW Villas - '97, POFQ - '07, Marriott Grand Vista - '09, CSR - '10
BWI CL - '11, Yacht Club - '12, AKL - March, 2013, Poly - August, 2013
Old 06-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #178
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmom12 View Post
Thank you!

Here is a pic of Saturday offering from April
Old 06-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #179
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

Tikiman reported on FB that the second cabana is back, but with no furniture in it yet.

All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
Old 06-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #180
buzzmom12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post

That is so cool! We have never stayed at the Poly or CL, but we are staying Poly CL in September. I hope you have a wonderful time. Please post what you think about it when you get back. I love hearing and seeing pictures before we go.
You will have a great time. Its relaxing staying CL. There is food and drinks available and the lounge is great for extra room. Everyone is so nice. August is our third Poly Cl trip only problem is Im not sure I can go back to a regular room but so far we have been lucky with discounts. Enjoy!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: