Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #196
MLLynch
Life is too short not to have fun!

Yes, I signed up for the Glass Slipper Challenge. This will be my first half marathon and I can't wait. Maybe, we could all get together during the Princess weekend. 😊
MLLynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #197
adpibri
Mouseketeer

Yay! I'm excited! I can't wait to see what kind of medal they come up with for the GSC!
adpibri is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #198
MLLynch
Life is too short not to have fun!

Me too! 😊
MLLynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:37 AM   #199
EWR2AUS
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by geaux_half View Post
2010, the sleet and snow year, was when I discovered hand warmers!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

There was something oddly magical about running through the castle and exiting into snow. But that's about all that was magical with the weather that year!

Had been in the runner's area all of 10 minutes when I dropped a mitten in the porta-pot. Ran the half in snow/sleet and no gloves... Was still an amazing race though!
EWR2AUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #200
key2ursoul
Running at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLLynch View Post
Yes, I signed up for the Glass Slipper Challenge. This will be my first half marathon and I can't wait. Maybe, we could all get together during the Princess weekend. dde0a
I was so bummed because I was at work and it sold out by the time I was out I still signed up for the Princess half Marathon though. This will be my third year doing it... I cannot wait!! Going down solo for this one. I would love to meet up with other runners if anyone is interested

I impulse bought the early registration for the Tinkerbell half marathon as well.. My first coast-to-coast challenge year!!! And first Disneyland year for that matter
Old 06-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #201
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by key2ursoul View Post

I was so bummed because I was at work and it sold out by the time I was out I still signed up for the Princess half Marathon though. This will be my third year doing it... I cannot wait!! Going down solo for this one. I would love to meet up with other runners if anyone is interested

I impulse bought the early registration for the Tinkerbell half marathon as well.. My first coast-to-coast challenge year!!! And first Disneyland year for that matter
I'm doing Tink for the first time this year too. Also my first time to DL!

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #202
key2ursoul
Running at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post

I'm doing Tink for the first time this year too. Also my first time to DL!
That's great! I'm really excited but nervous too. Planning the trip doesn't seem as clear cut, and I have a few extra safety considerations too, considering I'm going solo. Where will you be staying?
Old 06-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #203
adpibri
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That's great! I'm really excited but nervous too. Planning the trip doesn't seem as clear cut, and I have a few extra safety considerations too, considering I'm going solo. Where will you be staying?
You'll have a great time! I've done Disney races/trips in FL solo a few times, it's pretty fun to have total control over what you do and see and when you do it!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:40 AM   #204
key2ursoul
Running at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpibri View Post

You'll have a great time! I've done Disney races/trips in FL solo a few times, it's pretty fun to have total control over what you do and see and when you do it!
Have you done Disneyland too? It just seems less easy for some reason in terms of choosing hotels.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:24 AM   #205
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Have you done Disneyland too? It just seems less easy for some reason in terms of choosing hotels.
I've done WDW and DL solo for races. I don't stay on property at DL due to the cost being prohibitive for a single person (at least to my budget). I like that there is a wide variety of hotels to choose from. Although not all are on par with Disney standards, there may be one that fits your needs better. (Personally, I am a sucker for breakfast included, hence my stays at Quality Inn.)
Old 06-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #206
adpibri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
I've done WDW and DL solo for races. I don't stay on property at DL due to the cost being prohibitive for a single person (at least to my budget). I like that there is a wide variety of hotels to choose from. Although not all are on par with Disney standards, there may be one that fits your needs better. (Personally, I am a sucker for breakfast included, hence my stays at Quality Inn.)
I'm a sucker for the free breakfast as well!

Quote:
I have not done a race at DL yet I was planning on doing Tink this year but it just didn't fit in the budget. . 2015 for sure though!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #207
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We haven't decided yet, but we are going to stay on property. I know people say it's not necessary like it is in WDW, but this may be a once in a lifetime trip, so I'd like to experience it all the way! We are trying to decide between GC and DLH. I haven't booked yet though...I was waiting to see if there would be a special rate after registration opens...hopefully that's not a bad idea!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #208
Davidg83
Mouseketeer

I'm running my first half marathon at the Disneyland Half. Can't believe it's only 8 weeks away. The time has flown by! I got crazy and signed up for Tinker Bell and Princess too. Hopefully I enjoy this!

Upcoming: Dumbo Double Dare 2014, Avengers Half 2014, WDW Marathon 2015, Rebel Challenge 2015, Pixie Dust Challenge 2015

Davidg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #209
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg83 View Post
I'm running my first half marathon at the Disneyland Half. Can't believe it's only 8 weeks away. The time has flown by! I got crazy and signed up for Tinker Bell and Princess too. Hopefully I enjoy this!
I'm sure you will. Be sure and stop and say hello at the DL½
Old 08-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #210
Davidg83
Mouseketeer

2 weeks til the Disneyland Half!!! Is everyone ready?

Upcoming: Dumbo Double Dare 2014, Avengers Half 2014, WDW Marathon 2015, Rebel Challenge 2015, Pixie Dust Challenge 2015

Davidg83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: