Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #2536
Jellybass
Mouseketeer

If you haven't yet, go to portorleans.org , plenty of info there as well.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #2537
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddisney502 View Post
How many are in your party? I haven't stayed at the Yacht club so I can't compare exactly, but I have stayed at other Deluxe resorts. There is less room then a typical Deluxe resort, but it was fine. We thought there was plenty of room at FQ, for 2 adults with lots of stuff. The drawers are large, and there also the hanging/shelves areas near the sinks. The other thing I can't say is that we're from the states, so you may pack more items since you're coming from the UK. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think the dressers/drawers changed that much from the earlier design. So if you've been to FQ before, it should be pretty similar.
Thanks, there are 3 of us, and us Brits might try to, but don't manage to, travel light

I saw on Allears that the drawers had changed. There used to be 3 wide drawers and 2 smaller on top but now the drawers are much narrower and part of a combi fridge unit. I'll have to remember to pack some clothes hangers, or pick up some cheapies at Walmart
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #2538
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Thanks, there are 3 of us, and us Brits might try to, but don't manage to, travel light

I saw on Allears that the drawers had changed. There used to be 3 wide drawers and 2 smaller on top but now the drawers are much narrower and part of a combi fridge unit. I'll have to remember to pack some clothes hangers, or pick up some cheapies at Walmart
Call housekeeping they will bring you all the extra hangers you want.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW/US (in planning)

Old 06-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #2539
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post

It looks from the pictures that all PO rooms have three drawers now. In most they are in the cabinet with the fridge, in AB of POR they are under the fold down bed.

http://portorleans.org/gallery-POFQ-Rooms.php

You could purchase cheap Walmart plastic draw units and put them in the closet area. That is what we are going to do, but we drive. Driving would be somewhat problematic for you.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 06-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #2540
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

There are three drawers in the chest/TV/fridge unit and the drawers are large and deep drawers. Also small drawers and some shelf space in night stands, shelf on top of hangers was quite useful and there is a coat hanger shelf with pegs that would help also.

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect
March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!
October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!
June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip..fantastic!
March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
January, 2015, Art of Animation
Old 06-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #2541
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetpepper View Post
We are staying at POFQ in September and are so excited to try this resort out!

My question is, we will be going to Universal Studios for a day while we are there, are there taxis close by to take to the park? Has anyone taken one to Universal before and can give me a ballpark figure on how much it cost?

Thanks SO much!
We took a taxi last year I'm trying to recall I think it was about 60 bux one way but they have a shuttle that's cheaper . We didn't wanna be tied to a shuttle .
Old 06-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #2542
baileygirlsmom
Mouseketeer

I take hanging closet bags, the kind you put sweaters n and fold flat for packing, hang them in the closet area and poof, extra shelves!
Old 06-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #2543
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

July 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules

The July 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans French Quarter are now available, including special events for Independence Day (4th of July). See the main Recreation Activities Schedule page for full-size PDF versions, or click on the image below.

The outdoor movies will start at 9pm and the daily campfires commence at 7pm this month.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #2544
nittanyliongirl02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybass View Post
If you haven't yet, go to portorleans.org , plenty of info there as well.
Thanks for the info! I will definitely check it out!
2007 (POP)* 2007 (CSR and MVMCP)*2008 (Disneymoon at CSR and MNSSHP)
*2009 (AKL and MVMCP)
*2013 (POFQ and MNSSHP)*2014 (POR)

Old 06-26-2013, 06:48 AM   #2545
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMagicKingdom View Post
We were originally supposed to be staying at POR from Nov 13-21 but garden view wasn't part of our free dining pin so we were switched to FQ (not that FQ is bad but I was super excited to start with Riverside and try FQ next time). Since the switch was just this morning I haven't had a chance to look through FQ rooms yet really. We were hoping to stay AB in Riverside...does anyone have any quick suggestions for us now? Thanks!
We like French Quarter better than Riverside as far as staying but we always walk over to Riverside to visit. We have free dining nov in POFQ
Old 06-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #2546
Bus36
"Life does not start and stop at your convenience."

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanyliongirl02 View Post
Subscribing....just booked POFQ and Free Dining for October!!

Can't wait to learn everything I can!!!
I was lucky enough to be able to use a PIN for free dining in October that was actually sent to my mother (but I was listed as an eligible person on the PIN - we travelled together last year). I was told POFQ isn't participating in the free dining promotion. Oh well, I booked Coronado. I stayed there last year - and it was nice, but I wanted something different. CSR and CBR were the only moderates I could choose from.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #2547
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus36 View Post
I was lucky enough to be able to use a PIN for free dining in October that was actually sent to my mother (but I was listed as an eligible person on the PIN - we travelled together last year). I was told POFQ isn't participating in the free dining promotion. Oh well, I booked Coronado. I stayed there last year - and it was nice, but I wanted something different. CSR and CBR were the only moderates I could choose from.
I got the PIN and am staying at POFQ the end of August. Had to book a garden room instead of standard, but the free dining worked. My guess is they've already booked the allowed number of rooms in your time slot, not that POFQ isn't participating. They only earmark so many rooms for the free dining.

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #2548
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
I got the PIN and am staying at POFQ the end of August. Had to book a garden room instead of standard, but the free dining worked. My guess is they've already booked the allowed number of rooms in your time slot, not that POFQ isn't participating. They only earmark so many rooms for the free dining.
Same here. We used the PIN for our stay at POFQ and applied it on the first day the PINs were sent out. Had to upgrade from standard to Garden View but booked with FD for October.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #2549
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus36 View Post

Last year I was booked at French quarter free dining came out two months after I booked we had a river room. When I called they said if I switch to Riverside i could get free dining But we are hard-core French quarter fans so we said no. Every day Id go online and book a vacation and try the free dining Option. Well sure enough about eight weeks later it finally said yes@PO French quarter didn't have to change our room or anything. So just keep Trying u may still get POFQ
Old 06-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #2550
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
Last year I was booked at French quarter free dining came out two months after I booked we had a river room. When I called they said if I switch to Riverside i could get free dining But we are hard-core French quarter fans so we said no. Every day Id go online and book a vacation and try the free dining Option. Well sure enough about eight weeks later it finally said yes@PO French quarter didn't have to change our room or anything. So just keep Trying u may still get POFQ
Okay, I have to ask! I'm really looking forward to trying POFQ--our first trip at anything other than a Value. But what is so different between POFQ and POR that you'd be willing to give up free dining???? Is it really that different? The free dining is such a huge savings to us, that I can't imagine giving it up for one section of Port Orleans over the other. But, of course, I've never been so maybe there's something I'm missing.

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: