Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #1651
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Excellent review and photos, johnsonet. Have to try the Atrium Club. mickeynut1, your trip sounds wonderful.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #1652
DisneyMomChristine
Mouseketeer

I apologize if this has been asked/addressed before, but can someone please tell me if there is an observation deck on top of CR for guests to go up on? Or is it a part of the restaurant? If so, are only the diners allowed out there?
On the Disney Planning DVD, the woman is on top of the resort, just not sure if guests are allowed up there as well. Would certainly make for a very cool experience (and photo op)!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #1653
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschweic355 View Post
We stayed at BLT one bedroom theme park view June 8-15. DW, and three DD (16, 13, 8) fit well, plenty of room. Best part is ease of access to everywhere via monorail and boat. We had car also for easy access to other places. Will stay again. Two thumbs up. Top of world lounge great way to end day.
Glad you had a nice trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
mickeynut1, your trip sounds wonderful.
Thanks . I'm looking forward to trying the CR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomChristine View Post
I apologize if this has been asked/addressed before, but can someone please tell me if there is an observation deck on top of CR for guests to go up on? Or is it a part of the restaurant? If so, are only the diners allowed out there?
On the Disney Planning DVD, the woman is on top of the resort, just not sure if guests are allowed up there as well. Would certainly make for a very cool experience (and photo op)!
There is an area on the 4th floor concourse where guests can watch the fireworks (open to anyone), but I'm thinking you are asking about the observation deck for guests of the California Grill. If you dine at CG, you are allowed out on the observation deck to watch Wishes. If your dinner is over prior to Wishes starting, you can come back and show your dinner receipt and you will be allowed up to the observation deck for viewing .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #1654
DisneyMomChristine
Mouseketeer

Thanks! From the 4th floor, can you see the castle?
Old 06-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #1655
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glvsav37 View Post
Thanks Kook. I've tried all those numbers. I called the spa directly a few times hoping to get a more knowledgeable CM with no luck. I also called WDW recreation and they were the most help, but only directing me to the Contemporary front desk. When I called them, all they did was send me back to the spa. Grrrrrr!
UGH! Can you muster up the courage to call one more time? This is the direct number for the Olympiad Health Club at the Contemporary: 407-824-3410. They offer massages there and you can book directly with them so they might be able help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
I am happy to say that I think my husband and I have finally come to a decision for our next trip and plan to stay at CR! It seems like I have been waiting forever! We are a family of 5 (me, DH, and our 3DDs who will be 8, 5, & 3 on our trip). We plan on just doing the garden wing - do you think we will be disappointed? Seems like tower rooms are spoken of a lot, but they aren't in the budget. Thanks
Yippee! You'll be just steps away from the Tower so you won't be disappointed. The rooms are identical, except that there aren't any balconies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor_Jorge View Post
I think we wrapped everything up, except changes to dining as opportunities come up, yesterday! Dec. 6-15, CR with a Bay Lake view.

In Feb. and March we were looking at other options on the monorail so that we could try something new. Looking at the GF and Poly, it always came down to building selection and availability. In the end we kept coming back to our recent Disney home based on convenience which is HUGE to us.

I own my own IT service and consulting company, and my wife manages a department at an environmental consulting company . Neither of us has much time and few off hours where we aren't required to be available. It may sound trivial, but riding the elevator down to catch the monorail is a big deal for us! The short detour to Contempo Cafe is another little convenience that just WORKS for us. Coming home after a late night, grabbing a burger to take to the room or a salad for medicinal reasons is a convenience we didn't want to give up!

Reading the questions and answers in this thread has helped us a LOT. Whether we knew the answer or not, the questions sometimes led to other questions we asked ourselves, which led to looking at tweaks and changes for this trip. Thank You All!

In the spirit of giving back....in the future I will consider slipping our stay a day or two in either direction if it means making our ADRs on a weekend. Purely by chance our window opened on a Sunday this year. It was GREAT to wake up early, get them booked, and go back to bed! I was concerned that there would be increased volume on a weekend and that online systems might not be able to handle it based on problems I've read about. Other than my wife getting logged out once, we got it done quickly, and were back in bed in less than an hour...which includes discussion when we had to make adjustments due to availability.
Congratulations on booking and I'll add you to the Log-orail. Love your medicinal salad comment. My DD sees them that way, especially when its suggested she eat one on vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
We are staying at the CR for the first time in December and I'm excited to try it.

Are you officially booked now? Let me know your dates and I'll put you in the log.

Quote:
We stayed at BLT one bedroom theme park view June 8-15. DW, and three DD (16, 13, 8) fit well, plenty of room. Best part is ease of access to everywhere via monorail and boat. We had car also for easy access to other places. Will stay again. Two thumbs up. Top of world lounge great way to end day.
...And the wonderful walkway! Hope you get to book a return stay soon.

Quote:
Thanks! From the 4th floor, can you see the castle?
Absolutely! You can almost reach out and touch it.

4th floor Observation Deck. Taken from near entrance to CR's 4th floor Concourse and Skybridge to BLT:

Looking to the right from furthest end of deck:

Looking straight out from furthest end:
Old 06-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #1656
DisneyMomChristine
Mouseketeer

WDWKOOK - thank you for posting those pictures! I am SO SO SO excited for our 2014 stay! :-)
Old 06-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #1657
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
WDWKOOK - thank you for posting those pictures! I am SO SO SO excited for our 2014 stay! :-)
You're welcome and let us know if you have any other questions
Old 06-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #1658
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Cant wait to check out that 4th floor observation deck in Sept, hoping to watch Hallowishes from there..
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 06-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #1659
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Are you officially booked now? Let me know your dates and I'll put you in the log.
Not yet, but I will definitely let you know as soon as I do so I can be put in the log .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #1660
aschweic355
Earning My Ears

Quote:
When we were at BLT a couple weeks back, there was some sort of construction going on on top of the contemporary. Is that going to be an observation lounge similar to top of the world?
Old 06-27-2013, 05:05 AM   #1661
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Cant wait to check out that 4th floor observation deck in Sept, hoping to watch Hallowishes from there..
It will be fully operational by then and the perfect spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Not yet, but I will definitely let you know as soon as I do so I can be put in the log .
Your amazing vacation is coming together nicely. The boys must be excited

Quote:
When we were at BLT a couple weeks back, there was some sort of construction going on on top of the contemporary. Is that going to be an observation lounge similar to top of the world?
No. My understanding is that much-needed roof work has be going on while CA Grill and the 14th floor Tower Club rooms are under renovation. Due to the roof work, currently a portion of the deck is closed. At one time all of it was closed, but I believe the latest report here was that only a portion is closed now. The roof and 14th floor work is due to be completed by the send of summer.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:57 AM   #1662
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post
Getting SUPER excited for my trip, 5 months to go. All ADRs are made, and my basic plan is laid out. And by basic plan, I know which park on which day, where we will be eating, the most delicious snacks in the area and the order in which we will be enjoying our attractions. I LOVE planning Disney.

KOOK, are you going to recap your vacation for us?
I missed multi-quoting you - sorry

Yes, I'll probably file a TR after our August trip. But, you do know it's WL/CL?

That's how I plan ADRs, too. I look at the schedule and choose the non-EMH park and go from there in choosing an ADR. Planning is half the fun and so is the anticipation
Old 06-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #1663
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Your amazing vacation is coming together nicely. The boys must be excited
I haven't booked the resort portions yet, so I've been making an ADR every day, which makes it exciting as each day goes by and it's time to make another one . Everybody seems to be excited, although not as excited as I am . December seems far away, but it will be here before I know it!!!

Quote:
Yes, I'll probably file a TR after our August trip. But, you do know it's WL/CL?
Did you originally have a split stay booked or am I thinking of a different trip ?

Old 06-27-2013, 07:52 AM   #1664
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
I am happy to say that I think my husband and I have finally come to a decision for our next trip and plan to stay at CR! It seems like I have been waiting forever! We are a family of 5 (me, DH, and our 3DDs who will be 8, 5, & 3 on our trip). We plan on just doing the garden wing - do you think we will be disappointed? Seems like tower rooms are spoken of a lot, but they aren't in the budget. Thanks
I have stayed at GF, Poly and In the tower at CR. Then this past May dh and I had a quick visit without kids so for $ I tried the GW.

Really walking outside is not a big deal. You do that at GF and Poly. You still have access to monorail and the walkway to MK is priceless when leaving after parades/fireworks. Also we usually head to busses at 815 for 9am rope drop, but if we are lazy you can leave at 840-45 and walk there and know you will be on time. Every disney minute is valuable

Also with little ones being close to pool will be nice.

Also I love the boat to WL. It is a fun resort to explore. There is a fireplace on the 2nd floor above the main entrance doors. The girls will love this private space

When you can hear and see the monorail, boats, trains, shows and fireworks from disney you will be glad you chose a monorail resort. It is the best
Old 06-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #1665
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Just want to share some photos from my first stay at BLT. We had a 2 bedroom, #7530. It was right next to the sky bridge. Excellent location! We loved everything about our stay, and look forward to hopefully returning to BLT.

View (left to right):

And a look inside:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: