Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #256
Aunt Peggy
Mouseketeer

Fantasy 7108 & 5522

We are cruising on the Fantasy July 13. We'll be staying in 2 staterooms-7108 & 5522. If anyone has info on these rooms please post. Thanks.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #257
tmoor
Earning My Ears

Dream 5192

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimini View Post
This is one of the aft balcony cabins on the Dream. It is literally mid-ship. The centerline of the ship goes right through the room as evidenced by the balcony railing (although the room is slightly more on the port side than starboard.)

Good things about this room -- it is in a very private location. You can only reach it from the port-side hallway and there are no staterooms beyond it. Across the hall is a laundry room which saw a fair amount of use but never caused us any issues with respect to noise, crowds, etc.

Speaking of noise -- the sound from Evolution is definitely noticeable. So much so, I wrote a letter to the hotel manager letting them know that it was a problem. (The music plays until 2:00 am, so if you are a light sleeper or find baselines pounding in your ear through the pillow to be unpleasant, you will want to rethink this as a room choice.) I have to say that the senior staff were very prompt in responding to my note -- and would have moved us if they had a comparable room available. We worked around the noise problem by staying out as late as possible.

The balcony is a very nice size -- I measured it to be roughly 8 feet deep at it's deepest. There was plenty of room to move the two deck chairs to either side and have room for stretching/yoga each morning.

The hallway on the port side goes all the way forward, so there is no issue getting to the kids clubs, movie theater, etc. from this location. Be advised that you do need to go to the mid-ship stairwell to go down to the Enchanted Garden restaurant on deck 2. You cannot get there from the aft stairwell.

Another plus (again if the sound from Evolution isn't a concern) is that the only other balcony you ever see is from 5190. To the starboard side, the space is only used by crew to raise/lower the flag as the ship pulls into or out of port. Beyond that space and to the port side of 5190 are much more substantial bulkheads so it is a very private space.

Overall, we found the stateroom to be very nice. If I had a choice, I would definitely choose the same location on the ship but up on deck 6 or 7.
I agree completely with the noise...loved the huge balcony and that it was directly off the back of the ship so you didn't look over and see other guests next door. We stayed in 5192 on the 4-night Bahama sailing January 6, 2013. I think I also would like to try this another deck but same location. However, the ease at which it takes to get to the kids' areas would probably be my biggest reason to always stay in this room!
tmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #258
JimGA
Mouseketeer

Dream 9166

This room is located in the aft with a verandha. It is literally the second room from the back of the ship at the straight part before the stern of the ship curves.

Very close the aft stairs and elevatots which was a plus, also being at he rear of the shift and located past the entrance to the stairs and elevator lobby we literally had very little foot traffic, only about 4 or 5 rooms past us on the rear of the ship.

Being on deck nine we had rooms above and below us, no noise. Short walk up two flights of stairs to the entrance to Cabanas for breakfast and lunch, as well as easy access to the pool deck.

All in all, loved the location of the room at the back of the ship

Disney World: 1978, 1995, 2010 PORS, 2011 POFQ, 2012 CBR, 2014 PORS

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Dream, May 2013, Disney Fantasy, Thanksgiving 2015.
JimGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #259
jlbeard
Earning My Ears

Dream 8559

This staterroom was perfect for my son and I. It was quiet, I never heard the people above me, below me next door to me (behind). The room is very close to the mid-ship elevators, so it is very convenient, however, it is quite a distance from the aft and forward elevators, which I opted to use during peak people moving times. The steward's closet is to the right, however, I didn't once here noise coming from there either.
The queen size bed was amazingly comfortable and the sofa bed was confortable enough for my little boy. I think that there are two or three other rooms in this short little hallway. I found the room to be clean and well kept.

It was a a beautiful room on a beautiful ship that I hope to sail on again in the near future. I would book this room again without a second thought.

Last edited by jlbeard; 06-26-2013 at 09:51 PM.
jlbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:11 AM   #260
SplashMom
I have a whole new perspective on life!
We are all Disney fanatics

We just booked 5544 on the Dream for our March cruise. There will be 3 adults...my DH, my DS (26) and me. The reviews look pretty good for this room but I am wondering if Deck 5 is high enough for a decent view.

We were on Deck 7 last year (aft, 7684) and we liked it but we wanted something a little more central. It was just my DH and I last year and we had a regular cabin with a verandah. Since my DS is coming this year, we opted for the Family Stateroom. Does anyone know if there is much difference in the cabin size? It is hard to tell from the layouts. I have read that the balcony is much larger for 5544 so I am hoping that will be better but I am concerned that it is a bit low for a good view. I'm just happy to be booked!
April/May 2007 Pop Century / March 2008 POR / April/May 2009 Caribbean Beach / March 2010 POFQ / August 2010 Pop Century / February 2011 Port Orleans Riverside / February 2012 Port Orleans Riverside / March 2013 AKL Kidani Village and our first cruise on the Disney Dream / May 2013 Aulani...Paradise!/ March 2014 Dream Cruise...Bay Lake Tower/ March 2015 Beach Club and Western Caribbean Cruise!!
SplashMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #261
sparty1
Earning My Ears

Question cabins 6501 and 8643 on Fantasy

We will be in these cabins on our first DCL cruise. Can anyone tell me about them? I've read 1 report about the Fantasy's 8643(noisy) and one about the Dreams 8643(great). Would there be such a difference on the 2 ships, or more the tolerance level of those n the cabins? Thank u
sparty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #262
peacelovedisney12
Earning My Ears

I went on the Dream and was supposed to stay in room 5544, but for my family it was too small for all of our belongings. We had 2 adults and a child. There was no pull down bed, which was a necessity, but the balcony was very large and spacious enough for 4 chairs. We ended up changing rooms to 5552, the handicapped version of the room. But overall the room 5544 was nice. It didn't have the storage trunk as other rooms have though.
peacelovedisney12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #263
feelthenspeak
Mouseketeer

Any reports for room 9658 on the Dream? I'd like to know if we will have a view of Castaway Cay?!
feelthenspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #264
coraljoy
Earning My Ears

Dream cruise

We just disembarked from our 3 night cruise aboard the Disney dream. We were a family of four and stayed in room 9606. Great room, great location. We had a view of castaway cay while at port. What a beautiful ship!!
coraljoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #265
River Country
DIS Jedi

Dream 9560

Cat 5A it was great booked it again while OB. only draw back because it is Mid Ship the elevators can get very crowded.
River Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #266
shreddermom
Earning My Ears

Room 9082 on the Fantasy Category 4A. Great room, quiet even though it is connecting. Perfect location mid ship and close to the elevators.
shreddermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #267
tigrbob
Earning My Ears

Just posted reports for 9142, 9134 and 9136 on Dream.
tigrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:22 AM   #268
black magic
Earning My Ears

Posted reports for Fantasy 8156.

Short and sweet:
Room Condition: Nice room, no wear other than on wave phones.

Room Size: We were a party of 4 (3 adults and 1 child). It was comfortable, but if the same group were to do it again, I'd push for the "Deluxe Family" just to give a bit more elbow room.

Noise: Only noise was service elevators directly across the hall (only on first day and last evening). Of course there were the sounds of kids running, but that is everywhere.

Location: Great. Loved being Aft... much less traffic at the elevators. The service elevators mentioned above are closed off with doors that match the interior of the hall and you would not know they were there. The laundry room is located close by, but not close enough to hear.

Others had mentioned vibrations. Yes, but only when docking and VERY minimum. I wouldn't say enough to make ripples in a glass of water.
black magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #269
momcloud
Mouseketeer

Anyone stayed recently in stateroom 6146 on the Dream? Any info is appreciated
AKL- June 2005 w/kids FW- June 1999 w/kids
FW- Sept 1995 Late Honeymoon-Oct 1989
momcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #270
Nini05
Earning My Ears

! 6042. 6042. 6066

6042 nqueen bed, 1 bunk, pull out
6044. Queen bd, 2 pull downs. Kids loved
6046. Queen bed, 1 pull out. 1 pull down

Bathrooms need ventilation. Get musty smell.
Lovw the split bath doors. Grands played opening doors to see which one they needed.
Tub awesome. For kids.
Uber storage. Put bags under bed, lots of deawers and great closet space.

Dsk chair does not fit under desk well. We damaged the drawer tring to push it more to get out of the way, carpenter came to fix promptly. Recognizes not a good fit.
Loved the sea chest in our room for even more storage.
Removed two dividers after two requests so our grands could visit. We did room service breakfast. Just awsome days.
Befs very comfy
Fretta towels
Nini05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: