Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #211
kandb
DIS Veteran

Thanks for letting me know. I will request a "epcot" view. Also, my husband will be staying at the resort pool some days while I bring the kids to the parks. Is there someplace decent/nearby where he can get a nice lunch? We are on the ddp, if that matters. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #212
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
Thanks for letting me know. I will request a "epcot" view. Also, my husband will be staying at the resort pool some days while I bring the kids to the parks. Is there someplace decent/nearby where he can get a nice lunch? We are on the ddp, if that matters. Thanks for the help.
I'm not sure if these are on the dining plan, but ESPN Zone and Big River Grille are on the Boardwalk. Big River Grille has really good hamburgers. Also, there are restaurants at BC, YC, swan and Dolphin which are all very lose by.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #213
kandb
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. Is there anywhere to get a burger/sandwich if you are at the pool area? Most of the moderate/deluxe resorts have a bar/food ordering at the pool area, unless I am mistaking. Does Broadway bakery offer lunch?
Old 06-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #214
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
Thanks for the info. Is there anywhere to get a burger/sandwich if you are at the pool area? Most of the moderate/deluxe resorts have a bar/food ordering at the pool area, unless I am mistaking. Does Broadway bakery offer lunch?
Here is the link to all the BW dining information with menu links and photos. The BB does serve lunch and Leaping Horse Libations by the pool does serve sandwiches. It was closed recently for a rehab, but re-opened in March.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #215
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Some BWI CL photos were recently posted to the CL Photo Thread.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #216
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Quick update while on bus to Magic Kingdom for early entry. We did not have anything in the lounge last might because we had gone to Kimomos but when I stopped in for some cups it was busy. So far every cast member in every aspect has been friendly hand helpful. Any questions just ask

Old 06-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #217
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

Sfbank looking forward to some pictures hint, hint
Old 06-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #218
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if doing online check-in early increases your chances of getting your requests as opposed to waiting until 30 or so days out?

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Old 06-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #219
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Nascargirl. U r welcome . In line for under the sea. 30 min wait. Lines a somewhat crazy today but are doing what we want. So far I will state again cms as friendly as ever

Old 06-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #220
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I was just on the phone with a CM who said that the only requests that can be made when booking a SV room is garden. Otherwise the room will face a parking lot.

I asked about an Epcot view and she said that is not possible to ask for when booking a SV. Was that right? I just took the info and will call back later. Should I just be asking for a garden view then?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #221
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi everyone! I was just on the phone with a CM who said that the only requests that can be made when booking a SV room is garden. Otherwise the room will face a parking lot.

I asked about an Epcot view and she said that is not possible to ask for when booking a SV. Was that right? I just took the info and will call back later. Should I just be asking for a garden view then?
I would call back and try again. They may not like to call it an Epcot view because its not like a MK view at the contemporary, but a knowledgable CM (and the room assigners) will know what the request means!
Good luck!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 06-28-2013, 06:16 AM   #222
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
Does anyone know if doing online check-in early increases your chances of getting your requests as opposed to waiting until 30 or so days out?
No, it won't make any difference. Your reservation will still be dropped into the resort's system about 5 days prior to arrival. The Room Assignor will see your requests and assign your room about 3-5 days prior to checking-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

psac is correct, you need to call back. You can request anything you want, as it's only a request anyway. I don't know why the CM was hesitant as I've always had every request noted and never questioned by the WDTC. Sometimes they'll ask why I'm requesting "an odd numbered room" at CR, for example, but they've never denied noting a request. In fact, when I last booked CR, I mentioned the odd numbered room is often requested, but I didn't request it because I was also requesting a couple of other things. The CM actually asked me if I'd like to add it because there was plenty of room left for him to do so, even with two other requests.

If you've booked a STD View and would like a view like I posted on 6/26 above, just call the WDTC and ask them to tell you what requests are in your reservation, if "high floor" (the 5th floor is the one pictured above and is the highest non-CL floor) and "Epcot View" aren't in there, ask them to add it. Make sure you don't have any other "old" requests that don't pertain. Then ask the CM to read back all your requests. I know for a fact that they can "fit" at least three requests. When you check-in, ask the CM if you have an Epcot View.

Good luck and let us know what happens
Old 06-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #223
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Sfbank reporting live from Hollywood studios. Crowds are big here today too. We took our time this morning and got to rope drop I time not 1/2 hr ahead. Walked in. DH went to get fp for toy story while I took dd and her friend on tower of terror. Wait showed 30 it was 20. Not bad but only 9:20!!! R-n-r was a 30 min wait when DH took the kids. Definately crowded but we are not in a hurry.
Over in the BW lounge it was busy this morning. Two little girls joined DH and I since our kid was still getting out of bed lol. Weather is nice. We do miss Brian on the Boardwalk. Though about making a banner for our balcony that says we miss Brian!!

Old 06-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #224
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

This thread has been such a great help with planning our upcoming (first) stay BWV.

I do have a question. Does anyone know any information on shipping items ahead of time to Boardwalk villas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
Old 06-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #225
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
Sfbank reporting live from Hollywood studios. Crowds are big here today too. We took our time this morning and got to rope drop I time not 1/2 hr ahead. Walked in. DH went to get fp for toy story while I took dd and her friend on tower of terror. Wait showed 30 it was 20. Not bad but only 9:20!!! R-n-r was a 30 min wait when DH took the kids. Definately crowded but we are not in a hurry.
Over in the BW lounge it was busy this morning. Two little girls joined DH and I since our kid was still getting out of bed lol. Weather is nice. We do miss Brian on the Boardwalk. Though about making a banner for our balcony that says we miss Brian!!
Thanks for the updates - keep em coming!

Is Brian one of the buskers?

To the person that asked about shipping ahead - I've never done it but I think I read that since BW is a convention resort you have to pay a $15 fee just to get the package at the front desk. Does anyone have experience with this? I'd be interested in shipping some thing down beforehand as well.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: