Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Just Back From POR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First I have to say POR is a beautiful resort. There were a few things that I didn't care for but those are things that happen resort-wide not just Riverside.....ie, people smoking in the breezways, etc. in lieu of the designated areas, room dampness (just a Florida thing I guess)......loud talking walking past the room 24/7.....

We drive through the night and arrived at like 9 a.m. so I knew we would not have a room for quite some time. The CM had us in AB. I had sent my fax in about 5 days prior requesting a mansion building on an upper floor is possible. He switched us to Magnolia Terrace (which is where I wanted to be), however he must've been confused as he had us on the second floor and told me that the inner rooms had 3 floors and the outer rooms had 2.....not so, we had a third floor ( a rowdy third floor) above us. Anyway, we roamed around and enjoyed looking at the resort while waiting for the text that our room was ready. I checked often. Finally around 3:00 I went to the concierge and asked if it was nearly ready. He told me they had sent the room ready text at 12:30.....oh really???? I was p***** but did not say anything because I had read about that here and although I knew it could happen I was hoping it wouldn't. My kids were exhausted and just wanted to get to the room.

The carriage ride was nice and our horse, Doug was huge and gorgeous! The kids loved the pool and also liked the arcade but prefer the value arcades since they pay out in redeemable tickets. We were not fans of the food court but it's that way at every resort we have been to so far.....with the exception of AoA's where we ate twice last year and once this year ~ LOVE that food court!!!!

All in all we really did enjoy the resort and it really is beautiful. The kids made friends at the pool and the water taxi was great. Even got to see YeeHaw Bob for a couple of minutes

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 9
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: