Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #1396
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 23,402

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
Hey Alison...

Speaking of making reservations for people. Do you know if I can link the one night I made with the one night you made? Any idea? I'd hate to have to change rooms
I sent you the reservation confirmation right? Can you call MS and see if they can do it with the two numbers or if both of us nees to be on the phone? I have trouble waking up while MS is still open
__________________
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #1397
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran
 
TifffanyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tampa, FL - an hourish from the mouse!
Posts: 7,628

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

I sent you the reservation confirmation right? Can you call MS and see if they can do it with the two numbers or if both of us nees to be on the phone? I have trouble waking up while MS is still open
Yes you did and I will! Maybe not for a bit but I will get on it lol
__________________
.
TifffanyD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #1398
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran
 
Luvchefmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 30 minutes from Chef Mickey FL
Posts: 12,642

bump bump bump got to keep this thread going can't wait until you are here
__________________
Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #1399
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 93,325

Thanks Ruthie.


We're getting to the stage where we need to think about seriously putting together a shopping list.

BTW - Should I think about online check in with the DVC booking?
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #1400
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 23,402

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Thanks Ruthie.


We're getting to the stage where we need to think about seriously putting together a shopping list.

BTW - Should I think about online check in with the DVC booking?
Are we 60 days out yet? I'll have to do it since I made the ressie. It would behove you for the firat part because our rooms are set fir tge second part. We have the HA rooms. So it woukd be good to request those for the first part so you don't have to switch rooms.

Also if your VGC waitlist will come up it will likely be in the next month. Remember I did it in two parts of two days each. Let me know if you want me to keep them. It costs nothing. If folks are going to cancel they will do it 30+ days out.

I have my shopping list. Although Ruthie if I mail you a Publix or Walmartgift card would you bring me tomatoes on the day of our Cape May breakfast?
__________________
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #1401
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran
 
Luvchefmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 30 minutes from Chef Mickey FL
Posts: 12,642

It would be my PLEASURE to bring whatever kind and however many tomatoes you want BUT your money is no good here
__________________
Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #1402
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 23,402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
It would be my PLEASURE to bring whatever kind and however many tomatoes you want BUT your money is no good here
OK. If you insist! I guess that's fine. I will let you know how many I need when it gets closer. I'm guessing at least half a dozen if they are kind of large and 8-10 if they are smaller, but I will let you know.

PIO, I realized that while I may have my personal shopping list, you're right, we need a collective shopping list as we may need things like plates, cups, napkins, spoons, forks and knives. Fran will tell you that she will "get" these things at the CS places in the parks, but perhaps we should actually get them at the store.

I have a table cloth, I need to find out what the area looks like and how many barbeques there are. And oh yeah! We need charcoal!
__________________
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #1403
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran
 
TifffanyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tampa, FL - an hourish from the mouse!
Posts: 7,628

Totally unrelated but we realized the barbecues at Aulani were gas grills and had the propane already included! Maybe they will do that at WDW someday
__________________
.
TifffanyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #1404
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 23,402

They are like that at the VGC as well. Probably due to air regulations. You can't build wood burning fireplaces in new houses out here any more. I wouldn't be surprised if Hawaii was like that too.

I bet it would be expensive at WDW! Especially since every Treehouse has it's own grill!
__________________
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #1405
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran
 
Luvchefmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 30 minutes from Chef Mickey FL
Posts: 12,642

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
OK. If you insist! I guess that's fine. I will let you know how many I need when it gets closer. I'm guessing at least half a dozen if they are kind of large and 8-10 if they are smaller, but I will let you know.

PIO, I realized that while I may have my personal shopping list, you're right, we need a collective shopping list as we may need things like plates, cups, napkins, spoons, forks and knives. Fran will tell you that she will "get" these things at the CS places in the parks, but perhaps we should actually get them at the store.

I have a table cloth, I need to find out what the area looks like and how many barbeques there are. And oh yeah! We need charcoal!
NOPE paper plates plastic silverware solo cups my dept and if you think there is a variety of rice well same thing with tomatoes Beefsteak, Roma, cherry, etc on the vine, not on the vine, we will figure that out at the time but tradition in MY family is he who bringeth the potato salad also bringeth the aforementioned items got it covered !!
__________________
Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #1406
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 23,402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
NOPE paper plates plastic silverware solo cups my dept and if you think there is a variety of rice well same thing with tomatoes Beefsteak, Roma, cherry, etc on the vine, not on the vine, we will figure that out at the time but tradition in MY family is he who bringeth the potato salad also bringeth the aforementioned items got it covered !!
Well in my foofoo state, you only get beefsteak as an option in the garden. In stores we have Roma, hot house, just plain tomatoes, on the vine and those pesky cherry tomatoes that Fran cakks "little red bugs". I prefer on the vine.

If you insist onthe utensils and stuff who and I to argue?
__________________
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #1407
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 93,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Are we 60 days out yet? I'll have to do it since I made the ressie. It would behove you for the firat part because our rooms are set fir tge second part. We have the HA rooms. So it woukd be good to request those for the first part so you don't have to switch rooms.

Also if your VGC waitlist will come up it will likely be in the next month. Remember I did it in two parts of two days each. Let me know if you want me to keep them. It costs nothing. If folks are going to cancel they will do it 30+ days out.

I have my shopping list. Although Ruthie if I mail you a Publix or Walmartgift card would you bring me tomatoes on the day of our Cape May breakfast?
In another month or so. It is less than 70 days before I get on a plane; so that would add another two weeks.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
It would be my PLEASURE to bring whatever kind and however many tomatoes you want BUT your money is no good here
My Aussie money is no good; but I am bringing US currency with me.




Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
OK. If you insist! I guess that's fine. I will let you know how many I need when it gets closer. I'm guessing at least half a dozen if they are kind of large and 8-10 if they are smaller, but I will let you know.

PIO, I realized that while I may have my personal shopping list, you're right, we need a collective shopping list as we may need things like plates, cups, napkins, spoons, forks and knives. Fran will tell you that she will "get" these things at the CS places in the parks, but perhaps we should actually get them at the store.

I have a table cloth, I need to find out what the area looks like and how many barbeques there are. And oh yeah! We need charcoal!
I'll be in Durango before coming to Orlando; so I could pick up stuff at the stores as well.

I'll need vegetables and mushrooms and pesto. Just wondering if we order those or if we make a trip to a grocery store somewhere?



Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Well in my foofoo state, you only get beefsteak as an option in the garden. In stores we have Roma, hot house, just plain tomatoes, on the vine and those pesky cherry tomatoes that Fran cakks "little red bugs". I prefer on the vine.

If you insist onthe utensils and stuff who and I to argue?
If Alison isn't going to argue, neither am I.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #1408
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 61,535

When we didn't have so many locals joining us, I offered and still have a car, renting Saturday to Sunday, so, I too, plan to do shopping day of barbecue. I'll be getting at least the watermelon and whatever other fruit, to have with it!

Bobbi
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:14 AM   #1409
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 93,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
When we didn't have so many locals joining us, I offered and still have a car, renting Saturday to Sunday, so, I too, plan to do shopping day of barbecue. I'll be getting at least the watermelon and whatever other fruit, to have with it!

Bobbi
okay. Looks like we have options for getting fresh produce.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #1410
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 61,535

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
okay. Looks like we have options for getting fresh produce.
Yes!
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.