Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

What will they need to check in??

I know hotels require you to leave a credit card on file. Quick question regarding some younger gals...

My mom made a reservation for my sister (age 17) and her 4 friends (ages 17 & 18) for their 'senior week' trip next week to Disney. They are staying at the Beach Club in one room. The reservation is in my mom's name (she made it through Expedia), but she is NOT listed as one of the guests on the reservation. The room has been paid for in full with my mom's credit card.

When my sister and her friends check in, what will they need to show in terms of credit cards?

1) Should they bring my mom's credit card and show that?
2) My sister has a Visa debit card, but she's not 18, will she be able to show that?
3) My sisters' two 18 year old friends also have Visa debit cards, will those work?

If no one knows the answer to this definitively, my mom or I will just try calling the Beach Club directly. Just wanted to put it out there in case anyone has experience with this.

Thanks!
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
ashnhew820
Earning My Ears

To my knowledge, Disney or any hotel - you have to be 18 to check into a room. As to checking in with the card the reservation was made on, if the trip is already paid for, this shouldn't be an issue - but if it isn't, one the 18 year olds would have to have their visa debit cards on hold for the length of their stay, and it would put a hold on funds in their accounts.

Also, your mother would not be able to give her credit card info over the phone to pay for the room or give it to your sister for that matter.

Maybe look into getting disney giftcards to cover the room charge if there's an issue. You can use them to pay for just about anything on Disney property.

Hope that helps!
2011: Honeymoon - Caribbean Beach Resort!
2012: Welcome Home from Deployment trip10/1-10/6-Shades of Green - FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL!!!
2013: 9/12-9/16 BEACH CLUB BOUND!

Me DH Riley
ashnhew820 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
disney david
DIS Veteran

Follow pp post good info

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by disney david; 06-26-2013 at 04:16 PM.
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
disney david
DIS Veteran

Sorry duplicates post

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by disney david; 06-26-2013 at 04:15 PM.
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyLizzy View Post
I know hotels require you to leave a credit card on file. Quick question regarding some younger gals...

My mom made a reservation for my sister (age 17) and her 4 friends (ages 17 & 18) for their 'senior week' trip next week to Disney. They are staying at the Beach Club in one room. The reservation is in my mom's name (she made it through Expedia), but she is NOT listed as one of the guests on the reservation. The room has been paid for in full with my mom's credit card.

When my sister and her friends check in, what will they need to show in terms of credit cards?

1) Should they bring my mom's credit card and show that?
2) My sister has a Visa debit card, but she's not 18, will she be able to show that?
3) My sisters' two 18 year old friends also have Visa debit cards, will those work?

If no one knows the answer to this definitively, my mom or I will just try calling the Beach Club directly. Just wanted to put it out there in case anyone has experience with this.

Thanks!
Disney does not require a cc to be put on file. A cc is needed for room charging privileges if you choose to do that, but other than that, no cc is needed at check in. Since 18 is the minimum age to book a room, one of the 18 year old girls will have to check in and present a photo ID. Other than a government issued ID, there nothing else is needed. Hope your sister and her friends have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #6
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Disney does not require a cc to be put on file. A cc is needed for room charging privileges if you choose to do that, but other than that, no cc is needed at check in. Since 18 is the minimum age to book a room, one of the 18 year old girls will have to check in and present a photo ID. Other than a government issued ID, there nothing else is needed. Hope your sister and her friends have a great trip .
This. As long as the reservation is paid in full prior to arrival no further cards will be needed- but they will not have charging privileges on their room.

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys! Room is paid in full so they'll just make sure one of the 18 year olds checks in. They'll each use their own debit cards, cash, gift cards, etc to pay for stuff during the stay.
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: