Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #3316
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Yeah... big rumors out there but from a good source...

It's still undecided if they will do the over the water bungalows... they had divers in last week doing tests, etc.

One building is coming down for DVC

& the Spirit of Aloha show is having it's last show in Oct.

I think they are going to start as soon as the GF DVC is done.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 06-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #3317
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Boy it took me quite a while to catch up around here...LOL..

Appledown~ Comgrats..Bet youare having a GRAND trip!

MickeyNut~ Is there such a thing as calling CRO or IPO to much!!!???

Syndrome One month to go! It you are considering requesting a lodge tower/turret room.. ... there are different balcony situations for each of the three..2nd floor has a closed balcony as that is part of the portico roof line...the third floor has a full balcony with the pretty white railing..and the forth floor has no balcony at all...

Mikeandallismom~ Congrats on celebrating at the GF and booking SL too...

Californiadreaming~ We have eaten at the Wave..and it was OK..definitely not in the same class as California Grille...We cant wait for it to reopen either...Your coments about Ohana have me rethinking that ADR..we havent eaten there in quite some time either..and decided to try it again on our next trip...maybe not though???

Disneyfan08~ Congrats on your VGF booking...As for dining at GG with food allergies...I have a DD with food allergies..and they were very informative..and accomodating..and do make many items fresh...

k&a&c'smom~ When we were in M.Mouse Mercantile in May it didnt look any better stocked??? I thought maybe they were still adjusting inventory due to the new and expanded SC?

DVCMike~ Talk about having alots of DVC homes! Wow! What about SS and OKW?? LOL..

trishadono~ A two bedroom villa..how nice!

SueM~ Any view decisions yet????

Momoftwodisneyboys~

Jillmc40 and MommyGina~ On those rates...

Knitteresq~ Although I have never done this..there are many around who have done/do split stays... maybe a 3 nite GF and 3 nite Poly so you wont have to move so quickly...

Tinkrules~ I know that Tikiman had some info on his site about the DVC possibilities at the Poly....sounds like there will be lots of construction going on there soon! Not sure how the monorail is going to handle all of the extra guests though...

PrincessBelle~ Congrats on booking the GF...and getting a good deal too! Nothing better than that!

As for the room discounts~ Looks like the days of 40% off are over..havent seen any in quite a while.. I think the current bounce back offer is 35% off at the GF....that covers dates thru the end of the year..but less days than in previous years also...Im thinking there will be a new fall/winter room only offer coming out soon...??? Hoping so any way! Always gives me reason to book another trip..and save $$$...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #3318
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Boy it took me quite a while to catch up around here...LOL..

Momoftwodisneyboys~

Hi there!! It was so nice meeting you at the Grand in December! I made mention of our meeting in my TR!!
Old 06-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #3319
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

MickeyNut!! We were posting at the same time again!!!!

Tink~ I will be sorry to see the Spirit of Aloha show go..even though its been quite some time since we have seen it ...I view that as one of the classics..even though I know its different than the original show... Have you heard if they will replace it with a new show somewhere else at the Poly??? To us its not all about the parks...we always enjoy visiting all the different resorts..and what they have to offer....Every few years we like to visit the Hoop De Doo...

Old 06-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #3320
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
MickeyNut~ Is there such a thing as calling CRO or IPO to much!!!???

As for the room discounts~ Looks like the days of 40% off are over..havent seen any in quite a while.. I think the current bounce back offer is 35% off at the GF....that covers dates thru the end of the year..but less days than in previous years also...Im thinking there will be a new fall/winter room only offer coming out soon...??? Hoping so any way! Always gives me reason to book another trip..and save $$$...
Hi Blue

Nope.....no such thing as calling CRO or IPO too much .

I agree about the 40% discounts.....I think they are gone and never to return .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #3321
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Okay... Back to planning ... We will be in GF from Sept 4-8!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #3322
jecon
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know when the rooms will get renovated now that the soft goods in the poly have been replaced?
Old 06-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #3323
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecon View Post
Does anyone know when the rooms will get renovated now that the soft goods in the poly have been replaced?
Great minds think alike Jecon! Was just coming to post the same question...I know that CBR & WL was recently done and I think I read somewhere that one of the all stars has been too...I did find a list of refurbs online and I did see a soft goods replacement for CR coming up soon but no GF yet...

I know that when I stayed at CBR back in May it was nice to not have that big heavy itchy bed spread on top... Hopefully all resorts follow suit....
Old 06-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #3324
knitteresq
Earning My Ears

Splitting rooms is likely not in the cards for us... I have three little ones and I think it would be too much of a pain to move all of them. Thinking about it makes my head hurt! I wish the GF were just available for the whole trip... boo!
Old 06-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #3325
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Hi there!! It was so nice meeting you at the Grand in December! I made mention of our meeting in my TR!!
It was so nice meeting all of you too! And to be added into a Momof2Disneyboys TR! I feel like a celebrity too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
Great minds think alike Jecon! Was just coming to post the same question...I know that CBR & WL was recently done and I think I read somewhere that one of the all stars has been too...I did find a list of refurbs online and I did see a soft goods replacement for CR coming up soon but no GF yet...

I know that when I stayed at CBR back in May it was nice to not have that big heavy itchy bed spread on top... Hopefully all resorts follow suit....
I posed this question to a CM that I was speaking to when I called IPO the other day..the discussions here piqued my curiosity...and she said she wasn't aware of any upcoming refurb?? I agree about the bedding....those nice soft white duvets that other resorts have used in their refurbs are so much nicer than the comforters that they are using right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitteresq View Post
Splitting rooms is likely not in the cards for us... I have three little ones and I think it would be too much of a pain to move all of them. Thinking about it makes my head hurt! I wish the GF were just available for the whole trip... boo!
I truly understand your reluctance to be changing resorts..although I have considered it we have never done it either...my only other suggestion would be to book a split stay and keep calling for cancellations...I have been able to add another nite or two close to my reservation time...room only ressies have a five day cancellation rule...I think that for packages full payment is due at least one month in advance...so you might be able to add to your GF nites that way... Best of luck to you...rooms do open up all the time!

MickeyNut ~What are you up to today??? Are you on the phone changing room ressies again?????

Old 06-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #3326
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitteresq View Post
Everyone is different, but we did a 2/4 split once and it wasn't worth it for us for such a short trip. By the time we knew it our first 2 nights were over and it was time to change resorts....then when we were finally feeling settled at the 2nd resort, it was time to pack up and go home. Some people love split stays no matter how many nights they stay, but we wouldn't do another split unless we went for at least 9 or 10 nights (but that's just us).

Quote:
MickeyNut ~What are you up to today??? Are you on the phone changing room ressies again?????
No changes since I haven't booked yet .....but I'm getting close .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #3327
knitteresq
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I truly understand your reluctance to be changing resorts..although I have considered it we have never done it either...my only other suggestion would be to book a split stay and keep calling for cancellations...I have been able to add another nite or two close to my reservation time...room only ressies have a five day cancellation rule...I think that for packages full payment is due at least one month in advance...so you might be able to add to your GF nites that way... Best of luck to you...rooms do open up all the time!
Thank you, I do feel much better knowing this! I am about two weeks from the one-month mark and I was starting to get all nervous because I thought the closer we got to the ressie the less likely it was that something would open up.... Knowing that things could change that close to the date of vacation is putting my mind at ease! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Everyone is different, but we did a 2/4 split once and it wasn't worth it for us for such a short trip. By the time we knew it our first 2 nights were over and it was time to change resorts....then when we were finally feeling settled at the 2nd resort, it was time to pack up and go home. Some people love split stays no matter how many nights they stay, but we wouldn't do another split unless we went for at least 9 or 10 nights (but that's just us).

I agree with you, switching isn't for us. I like to get settled in and the thought of having to do it twice makes my head hurt.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #3328
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Hi all- checked in yesterday and received our sago, marina view request. 2 floors above the room we has last time.
Enjoy the new seating at Gasparillas. The movie is on the lawn next to the courtyard pool and faces SL. I can see where that would be annoying.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 06-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #3329
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Poly is not due to be done until the end of the summer... After that is what is floating around...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 06-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #3330
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

The movies are set to move back to the beach in a couple of weeks. There will be a fire pit, but no s'mores because FW charges and they didn't like that GF gave them away.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: