Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #31
meajuly5
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypenguin View Post
Just thought I'd add a few more from College Fjord:


IMG_1952 by kevinkyen, on Flickr


IMG_1981 by kevinkyen, on Flickr


IMG_1873 by kevinkyen, on Flickr


IMG_1920 by kevinkyen, on Flickr


IMG_1928 by kevinkyen, on Flickr
Gorgeous! Did you use a filter on these? If so, Do you mind sharing which one?
meajuly5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #32
Angrypenguin
Disney n00b!
 
Angrypenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles by way of Detroit
Posts: 789

Thanks! Nope, no filter; just kept it in RAW and tweaked in Lightroom.

I brought a circular polarizer with me, but it was so darn cloudy all the time I didn't use it very much.
__________________
New 2013 Alaskan pics Part 1 and Part 2 and Part 3 and Part 4

Wedding pics here, here, and here

Disney World pictures here and here and here


My flickr: www.flickr.com/kevinkyen
Angrypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #33
meajuly5
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypenguin View Post
Thanks! Nope, no filter; just kept it in RAW and tweaked in Lightroom.

I brought a circular polarizer with me, but it was so darn cloudy all the time I didn't use it very much.
Just beautiful!
meajuly5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #34
mamahemingway
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14

Did you take a whale watching cruise to get those get shots ?? If so , what tour ?
Thank you
mamahemingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #35
Angrypenguin
Disney n00b!
 
Angrypenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles by way of Detroit
Posts: 789

Hi there!

While we were in Juneau, we took a whale watching / photography tour from Gastineau Guiding (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...au_Alaska.html)

They were excellent, I can't recommend them enough. The tour guide was great, and the group is fairly intimate (about 10 of us or so) so you're not crammed with 200 people on a boat.
__________________
New 2013 Alaskan pics Part 1 and Part 2 and Part 3 and Part 4

Wedding pics here, here, and here

Disney World pictures here and here and here


My flickr: www.flickr.com/kevinkyen
Angrypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #36
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran
 
lilpooh108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Depends on the moment
Posts: 4,328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypenguin View Post
Hi there!

While we were in Juneau, we took a whale watching / photography tour from Gastineau Guiding (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...au_Alaska.html)

They were excellent, I can't recommend them enough. The tour guide was great, and the group is fairly intimate (about 10 of us or so) so you're not crammed with 200 people on a boat.
This is really cool, thanks for sharing. My dad's always wanted to do a photography centered tour. What type of stuff do they do that's photography related?

Thanks!
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #37
MOMTOCUTESTDOGEVER
Dreamt the TF gave me a tag so long you needed a scroll bar to see it all.
The Tag Fairy thinks Mia is adorable!!
 
MOMTOCUTESTDOGEVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CO
Posts: 606

Hey there! I was looking at the photos on your Flickr account and am curious about IMG_1577 in the Alaska part 3 series. Are those sea otters in the water? Or is it debris or something else?

If they are not sea otters, did you see any? If so, where?
__________________
You have a soulmate? This is my soul-dog, Mia.


MOMTOCUTESTDOGEVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:12 AM   #38
Angrypenguin
Disney n00b!
 
Angrypenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles by way of Detroit
Posts: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMTOCUTESTDOGEVER View Post
Hey there! I was looking at the photos on your Flickr account and am curious about IMG_1577 in the Alaska part 3 series. Are those sea otters in the water? Or is it debris or something else?

If they are not sea otters, did you see any? If so, where?
Nope, that was just debris.

We did see some Sea Otters, mostly during the entrance to College Fjord.

IMG_0227 by kevinkyen, on Flickr


IMG_0233 by kevinkyen, on Flickr


IMG_0241 by kevinkyen, on Flickr
__________________
New 2013 Alaskan pics Part 1 and Part 2 and Part 3 and Part 4

Wedding pics here, here, and here

Disney World pictures here and here and here


My flickr: www.flickr.com/kevinkyen
Angrypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #39
MOMTOCUTESTDOGEVER
Dreamt the TF gave me a tag so long you needed a scroll bar to see it all.
The Tag Fairy thinks Mia is adorable!!
 
MOMTOCUTESTDOGEVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CO
Posts: 606

Thank you so much for sharing your sea otter photos! I love the ones on the iceberg.
__________________
You have a soulmate? This is my soul-dog, Mia.


MOMTOCUTESTDOGEVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:49 PM   #40
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran
 
WanderlustNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,670

I hope you don't mind, but I took a look at all of your Alaska pics on Flickr and they are just stunning. Probably the best pics I've seen of Alaska to date. Thanks for sharing!
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:38 AM   #41
Angrypenguin
Disney n00b!
 
Angrypenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles by way of Detroit
Posts: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMTOCUTESTDOGEVER View Post
Thank you so much for sharing your sea otter photos! I love the ones on the iceberg.
Thanks!
__________________
New 2013 Alaskan pics Part 1 and Part 2 and Part 3 and Part 4

Wedding pics here, here, and here

Disney World pictures here and here and here


My flickr: www.flickr.com/kevinkyen
Angrypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:39 AM   #42
Angrypenguin
Disney n00b!
 
Angrypenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles by way of Detroit
Posts: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post
I hope you don't mind, but I took a look at all of your Alaska pics on Flickr and they are just stunning. Probably the best pics I've seen of Alaska to date. Thanks for sharing!
Not at all, I'm glad you enjoyed them! Thanks so much for the comments.
__________________
New 2013 Alaskan pics Part 1 and Part 2 and Part 3 and Part 4

Wedding pics here, here, and here

Disney World pictures here and here and here


My flickr: www.flickr.com/kevinkyen
Angrypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #43
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran
 
WanderlustNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypenguin View Post

Not at all, I'm glad you enjoyed them! Thanks so much for the comments.
Credit given where credit is due. You have a great eye for landscape photography.

Can I ask, how long did it take you to master Lightroom? And also, roughly how long does it take you to touch up each photo? I bought the programme recently and so far have only had a chance to have a bit of a play around and watch a few online tutorials. I was wondering if it's a programme people pick up quickly or if it take months/years of practicing to get good at using it. I know everyone is different and there is probably no one answer, but I'm just trying to decide how often to shoot in RAW on my upcoming trip. I don't want to take hundreds of pics if it's then going to take me hundreds of hours to tweak them afterwards.
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #44
Angrypenguin
Disney n00b!
 
Angrypenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles by way of Detroit
Posts: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post
Credit given where credit is due. You have a great eye for landscape photography.

Can I ask, how long did it take you to master Lightroom? And also, roughly how long does it take you to touch up each photo? I bought the programme recently and so far have only had a chance to have a bit of a play around and watch a few online tutorials. I was wondering if it's a programme people pick up quickly or if it take months/years of practicing to get good at using it. I know everyone is different and there is probably no one answer, but I'm just trying to decide how often to shoot in RAW on my upcoming trip. I don't want to take hundreds of pics if it's then going to take me hundreds of hours to tweak them afterwards.

Lightroom is an excellent program in my opinion, one of those "easy to learn, hard to master" type deals. I personally picked up lightroom pretty quickly; I like how easy it is to organize your photos and to edit pictures quickly. The workflow is really streamlined.

I wasn't a RAW shooter to begin with; I always liked using JPEG because of the reduced file size. Additionally, RAW images always come out very "flat" out of the camera, since there's no automatic sharpening or white balance adjustment done by the camera. I think I converted to RAW because sometimes, when editing JPGs, portions of the image would come out grainy or saturated due to the loss of data.

I highly recommend checking out lightroomkillertips.com; they have great tips and TONS of presets that you can apply to your images. I highly recommend looking for the presets that are adjusted for Nikon/Canon cameras, respectively.

Have fun!
__________________
New 2013 Alaskan pics Part 1 and Part 2 and Part 3 and Part 4

Wedding pics here, here, and here

Disney World pictures here and here and here


My flickr: www.flickr.com/kevinkyen
Angrypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #45
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran
 
WanderlustNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,670

Great advice. Thanks
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.