Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
Carriesouthard
Mouseketeer

Poly requests

Hi all,

I've put my room requests in for the poly and have a silly question...it's worded on my confirmation "Samoa or Tokelau top floor". I am neurotic when it comes to Disney planning so please bear with me. We really aren't picky but we do want the top floor in one of the two long houses if possible. Do I need to specify "Samoa top floor or Tokelau top floor"? The way it's worded now will they take it as anywhere in Samoa or the top floor of Tokelau? I obsess about crazy things....help
Carriesouthard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriesouthard View Post
Hi all,

I've put my room requests in for the poly and have a silly question...it's worded on my confirmation "Samoa or Tokelau top floor". I am neurotic when it comes to Disney planning so please bear with me. We really aren't picky but we do want the top floor in one of the two long houses if possible. Do I need to specify "Samoa top floor or Tokelau top floor"? The way it's worded now will they take it as anywhere in Samoa or the top floor of Tokelau? I obsess about crazy things....help
If the top floor is more important to you than the building, I would probably put your floor request first, followed by each building. That way the room assigner will know your most important request is top floor .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
thorphin
DIS Veteran

Keep in mind that the CM has *two short lines* to enter your request. If you have them put your buildings on one line and "top floor" alone on the other line, I think that will be pretty clear.

Couldn't tell you for sure, but "Samoa or Tokelau top floor" might be too long for one line anyway.

In fact, this is what my CM inputted for us:
1. Tokelau or Samoa
2. 3rd floor balcony

'83, '84: Fort Wilderness...'84: Golf Resort
'88, '93: Disney Inn..........'95, '98: Off Property
'00: Dixie Landings...........'02: PO Riverside
'05: Beach Club Villas.......'09, '10 PO Riverside
09/2013: Poly!
thorphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
princessesr
Earning My Ears

We always put in. Samoa 3rd. floor facing Volcano Pool. And we always do get it.
princessesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
DisneyHardin
DIS Veteran

It like hearing all the people say they got their requests. We are staying at the Poly in Oct for the first time and I requested Rarotonga, ground floor. I sure hope we get it. DH has knee problems and really prefers ground floor rooms.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
Carriesouthard
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone...calling Disney tomorrow to have it worded Samoa or Tokelau, 3rd floor...hoping for Samoa but Tokelau is a close 2nd either way it will be fabulous!
Carriesouthard is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: