Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #3151
cajunmast
Earning My Ears

I've gained a lot of advice from this board and yes I'm new and yes it absolutely did happen. I posted in hopes of helping others get it too but way to make a person feel welcome! I'll just go back to reading and not contributing.
cajunmast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:21 AM   #3152
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunmast View Post
I've gained a lot of advice from this board and yes I'm new and yes it absolutely did happen. I posted in hopes of helping others get it too but way to make a person feel welcome! I'll just go back to reading and not contributing.
Aww... Please keep posting. You didn't do anything wrong. Thank you for sharing your experience. Don't let others' comments keep you from enjoying yourself here.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 03:09 AM   #3153
RCSpur
Earning My Ears

How do I get a PIN? I am going November 1-6 and KNEW they'd offer free dining!!
RCSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:43 AM   #3154
GhostLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
That's not happening. That "new" poster was clearly trying to ruffle feathers. There's no way.
I'm not "new" and I got free dining for October without a PIN

I also posted my story on another thread but not to "ruffle feathers". I posted it to give others hope and possibly advice.

Nov. 2008- POR and FW........June 2011-POP

Oct. 13th-18th, 2013--Rolling Hills and 1st visit to US/IOA
Oct. 18th-26th, 2013--POP(taking friends for their 1st visit & to celebrate their DD's 7th B-day)

GhostLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:55 AM   #3155
GhostLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Apparently they have a few pin codes they can use at their discretion, but there's no rhyme or reason as to who gets one and who doesn't.
I think this is absolutely true!!!
but...
I do think there might be a "rhyme or reason" even if we don't know what it is. We've made several calls asking about a PIN with no luck but the call that actually got us FD(without a PIN) was a bit different than the other calls we've made. Did we just get lucky and get the right CM or did we say the right things this time? I have a few theories but I guess I'll never know for sure

Oct. 18th-26th, 2013--POP(taking friends for their 1st visit & to celebrate their DD's 7th B-day)

Old 06-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #3156
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Oh wow....my apologies! I really thought, especially because they were a new poster, they were disguising themselves and made it all up.unfortunately it's been known to happen on other threads. I thought I was sticking up for all the members by not letting someone "get" to them. Again...so sorry and more magic to ya!
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #3157
jerseygirl82
Mouseketeer

Please forgive my ignorance, as I own in DVC and until recently hadn't given much thought to the dining plan. However, I am thinking about renting out my points to fund a short getaway to a value or moderate and free dining would help my case with the hubby

My question is this - are pin codes for free dining only being sent to guests with existing reservations?
Old 06-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #3158
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl82 View Post
Please forgive my ignorance, as I own in DVC and until recently hadn't given much thought to the dining plan. However, I am thinking about renting out my points to fund a short getaway to a value or moderate and free dining would help my case with the hubby

My question is this - are pin codes for free dining only being sent to guests with existing reservations?
PIN codes are sent to (what appears to be) random people. It doesn't matter if you are booked or not. This latest FD PIN had wording included about being a past guest, yet people who have never been to Disney have gotten them. It is one of life's greatest mysteries as to who gets them and who doesn't. Good luck!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #3159
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl82 View Post

My Mom got a pin code for free dining and she does not have a reservation booked. I was jealous as I keep hoping to get one for my October trip!
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #3160
Team Bunch
Mouseketeer

I appreciate all the hope. We are going in late August so a pin is our only hope. We have not run into the "right" cm yet
Team Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #3161
GhostLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
Oh wow....my apologies! I really thought, especially because they were a new poster, they were disguising themselves and made it all up.unfortunately it's been known to happen on other threads. I thought I was sticking up for all the members by not letting someone "get" to them. Again...so sorry and more magic to ya!
No worries

I've also seen some of the false reports in the past. I might have questioned this too if I hadn't seen so many people posting similar stories. Those stories are the reason I didn't give up and kept calling back week after week and it finally paid off for me.
I'm not sure if this is the first year that people have been "given" free dining. I haven't been following the boards for the last couple of years but back when I did, I don't remember anyone being able to get it without a PIN or a GP offer. I just know I am thrilled and still in shock that I got it this year.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #3162
lovedworld
Mouseketeer

Free Dining for later in the Fall

I would just like some opinions, I know free dining has been offered for the last few years in Oct, Nov. and part of Dec. and I am hoping that will be the case this year because we are booked Nov. 14th throught the 24th. If the free dining is not offered to the general public we may cancel. My son and his family are going with us and I don't know if they can afford it without free dining. With all these pins being offered to people what does everyone think about a free dining offer coming out to the general public. I know it is really a guess at this point, but what does everyone think?
lovedworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:06 AM   #3163
WDW-A-RAMA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedworld View Post
I would just like some opinions, I know free dining has been offered for the last few years in Oct, Nov. and part of Dec. and I am hoping that will be the case this year because we are booked Nov. 14th throught the 24th. If the free dining is not offered to the general public we may cancel. My son and his family are going with us and I don't know if they can afford it without free dining. With all these pins being offered to people what does everyone think about a free dining offer coming out to the general public. I know it is really a guess at this point, but what does everyone think?
A guy on here who goes by Black562 has started another thread called Free Dining Extension ~ Oct-Dec and he feels pretty confident based on certain contacts and whatnot that it will be offered to the general public. I do not mean to speak for him, so if I got anything wrong, I hope he will correct me. Just trying to be helpful during my insomnia episode!
November 2008 1st tripPort Orleans Riverside 2009 April 2010 Pop Century-Extended Family Trip November 2010 Pop Century November 2011 Pop Century November 2013 Pop Century November 2014 Port Orleans Riverside

WDW-A-RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #3164
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry if anyone thought I was trying to ruffle any feathers with my question, that was NOT my intention. I was genuinely curious on how it was done with lack of pin. That's why I put a at the end if my post.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only); Jan 26-30, 2015 - POP (Solo); Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #3165
julie4423
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSpur View Post
How do I get a PIN? I am going November 1-6 and KNEW they'd offer free dining!!
There is no way to "get" a PIN, but Nov 1-6 aren't included on the current one regardless. The cutoff is Oct 31, and I believe restart was around the 11th of Nov. If you managed to snag one this late, you would have to change your trip dates.
julie4423 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: