Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #31
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders0460 View Post
I received a mailing from Disney this afternoon with a pin for free dining during our dates in October! So excited, the minimum is 5 day/5 night MYW so we'll be adding a day and night to our trip. No complaints on that here!!
Congrats! When you do add it, make sure to ask about the actual minimum stay. The marketing materials tend to make it seem like it's a 5 night minimum, when it's really just using 5 nights as an example of the pricing.

(It looks like that week in Oct is a good time to go )

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #32
Mouthpiece
Earning My Ears

Pin mailer specifics.

"
Mouthpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #33
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

Talking kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
i'd say about 75% of the time the pin codes eventually open up to general public. They've done fd to gp the last 5 years that time of year . I think the odds are in your favor.
woo hoo!
KathieSmallwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #34
SparklyDiva
Queen of Useless Trivia

Pin number received but was told it was sold out :(

We too received a pin number in the mail last week. Excitedly, I called my AAA travel agent who we always book our Disney vacations from and told her. She called me back and said that for the day we're arriving (9/28) and the hotel we're staying at (Contemporary) they were sold out of the free dining packages. we were really hoping to have the dining plan free again this trip but unless something changes it looks like we're paying full freight.

SparklyDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #35
MrsLucier
Earning My Ears

When I booked my trip last night for the free dining in September, the agent said the minimum was 3 nights.
MrsLucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:16 PM   #36
shopperaddictgirl
Earning My Ears

Free October Dining

When I googled 'Disney Destinations' this is the website I was given: the official 'go Disney website' Is that correct?

I meet all the qualifications to HOPEFULLY receive free dining for our trip planned in October: 5 days/5 days. BUT by 'Disney account' what do you mean: credit card, etc.??? I have been to Disney four times, don't know if there was an 'account' set up for me (booked last trip through Small World Vacations). I have stayed on Disney property once.
shopperaddictgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #37
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopperaddictgirl View Post
When I googled 'Disney Destinations' this is the website I was given: the official 'go Disney website' Is that correct?

I meet all the qualifications to HOPEFULLY receive free dining for our trip planned in October: 5 days/5 days. BUT by 'Disney account' what do you mean: credit card, etc.??? I have been to Disney four times, don't know if there was an 'account' set up for me (booked last trip through Small World Vacations). I have stayed on Disney property once.
A Disney account just means that they have your name/contact info in their family of websites (he Disney travel site, Disney Store, ABC, ESPN, etc.). Since you have been before, you should already in their system, but go to the website and try to log in. If it doesn't recognize you, sign up for an account.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #38
shopperaddictgirl
Earning My Ears

Great, thanks. I think I'm 'IN' then! I am registered for the 'Disneyworld.disney.go.com' website. I have a 'profile'!

Is there anymore I can do to assure a free dining offer?????
Old 06-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #39
davidm
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Great, thanks. I think I'm 'IN' then! I am registered for the 'Disneyworld.disney.go.com' website. I have a 'profile'!

Is there anymore I can do to assure a free dining offer?????
Thanks for all the good info here people.
Our vacation is from October 17th-24th and I have not recieved a pin for the free dining plan. My mother-in-law, who is going with us from the 17th-19th did recieve one, but Disney would not let her pay for us and get the free plan, so we have to wait till it goes to the general public. Even still, if it goes public I will have to split the vacation into 2 so that the "second" vacation starts on the 18th. Still worth it though for my wife, myself, and 5 girls!
Let's cross our fingers that it will be anounced in the next couple weeks, perhaps July 1st.
davidm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #40
Gorillamac
Earning My Ears

I would push the issue. I had a co-worker and my sister each get one and when I tried to redeem it for our trip they said they had to be travelling with us. So I would call and try to redeem it for yourself and then when they ask you if they will be travelling with you say yes.
Gorillamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #41
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Thanks for all the good info here people.
Our vacation is from October 17th-24th and I have not recieved a pin for the free dining plan. My mother-in-law, who is going with us from the 17th-19th did recieve one, but Disney would not let her pay for us and get the free plan, so we have to wait till it goes to the general public. Even still, if it goes public I will have to split the vacation into 2 so that the "second" vacation starts on the 18th. Still worth it though for my wife, myself, and 5 girls!
Let's cross our fingers that it will be anounced in the next couple weeks, perhaps July 1st.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorillamac View Post
I would push the issue. I had a co-worker and my sister each get one and when I tried to redeem it for our trip they said they had to be travelling with us. So I would call and try to redeem it for yourself and then when they ask you if they will be travelling with you say yes.
to both of you!

The reason they will not let you use her PIN on your room is because she is not staying the minimum number of nights to use the PIN herself. The PIN requires a minimum 3 night stay. If she could extend her stay by two nights, you should be able to get it for both rooms.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:18 AM   #42
shopperaddictgirl
Earning My Ears

My TA told me yesterday October 3-17 have been blackened out for free dining as of now. UNLESS a new promotion comes out. We are planning the Disney portion of our trip October 13-18.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:22 AM   #43
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
My TA told me yesterday October 3-17 have been blackened out for free dining as of now. UNLESS a new promotion comes out. We are planning the Disney portion of our trip October 13-18.
By blackened out do you mean there will be no free dining? Maybe because Columbus day is a busy time there?
Old 06-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #44
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
By blackened out do you mean there will be no free dining? Maybe because Columbus day is a busy time there?
Columbus Day is part of the reason, but the biggest reason is that those two weeks are school Fall Breaks in many districts across the country, and Disney doesn't need to offer deals during that time. Oct has had 2 weeks blocked out of FD for years.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #45
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Columbus Day is part of the reason, but the biggest reason is that those two weeks are school Fall Breaks in many districts across the country, and Disney doesn't need to offer deals during that time. Oct has had 2 weeks blocked out of FD for years.
Oh okay, thank you. I'm still hoping for free dining for October 27th-Nov 3rd. Tried everything to get a pin code. Still hopeful

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: