Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #1
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Platinum Plan

Anyone ever use this? I am not totally understanding the benefits of this vs the deluxe
Old 06-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
abdgeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Anyone ever use this? I am not totally understanding the benefits of this vs the deluxe
The Platinum DP is so much more than the DxDP. Although I haven't gotten it, I did research it a couple of years ago. However, because I'm a DVC member who stays on points I can't get the package. You can only get the Platinum Plan if you buy the package.

While it includes the DxDP, it includes the following things that are listed below. This came from the wdw.disneydreams.net website because I was tired of waiting for the WDW website to load the file. This was what was included in 2012. I would suggest going to the WDW website, clicking on things to do and dining plans and download the official info. In 2012, the plan was $239 per adult per night.

Golfing
The Disney Premium Plan includes unlimited golf, lessons, green fees, electric cart, range balls, rental golf shoes and rental clubs per person

Guided Fishing Excursions
A two-hour excursion includes boat, guide, tackle, fishing equipment, (1) one-year B.A.S.S. membership and refreshments. Morning, midday and afternoon excursions are available.

Water Sports
Enjoy a day of water sports such as Parasailing, Water-skiing, Wakeboarding and Tubing, Personal Watercraft Excursions.

Watercraft Rentals
Set sail for a terrific outing with the whole crew! Watercrafts include Sea Raycer by Sea Ray®, Boston Whaler Montauks, Sun Tracker pontoon boats, canoes, kayaks, pedal boats, and sailboats.

Other Activities
Bicycles, Cane Pole Fishing, Tennis, Horseback Trail Rides, Pony Rides, Carriage Rides, Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides, Miniature Golf and Archery.

Unlimited Tours
Go on as many tours as you would like which include: Mickey’s Magical Milestones Tour, Disney’s Family Magic Tour, Disney’s Keys to The Kingdom Tour, Around the World at Epcot® Tour just to name a few, see the complete list in the brochure.

Dazzling Fireworks Cruise
Set out on a spectacular fireworks cruise to view Wishes™ at the Magic Kingdom® Park or IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot®. You’ll be immersed in the action as the skies above explode with bursts of color.

Fantasmic! – Reserved Seating
Each Guest on the Disney Platinum Plan enjoys reserved seating in The Hollywood Hills Amphitheater on a select night for one show during their package stay

Spa Treatments
Rejuvenate your body and mind with a luxurious spa treatment. The Disney Platinum Plan includes one selected treatment per person.

Disney’s PhotoCD
Receive one Disney’s PhotoPass® PhotoCD with your package. You’ll receive high-resolution .jpg images of all your Disney’s PhotoPass® photos plus a copyright release so you can use them in the sizes and formats that best suit your personal needs.

Disney’s PhotoPass Professional Portraits Service
Gather the family for beautiful portraits taken in picturesque locations throughout select Walt Disney World® Resort locations.

Richard Petty Ride Along Experience
Experience real life racing thrills by riding shotgun in a two-seater stock car driven by a professional instructor as you experience a real simulated race car qualifying run at the Walt Disney World Speedway. One Richard Petty Ride Along Experience per Guest 14 years of age and older, per package stay is included.
abdgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Someday I will try it. Lots of add-ons

Better play PowerBall
Old 06-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #4
Eddy
Mouseketeer

Plantium Plan

We did it in 2011 when you were allowed to do it for one nite. Disney has since changed the policy and u have do it for three nites min. We were able to dine at Victoria and Alberts and Hoop de Doo for dinner and CRT for breakfeast I gave my wife my spa treatment so she was able to do two spa treatments. I went parasalling and tubing. We took the 4 park tour. The circus was on vacation so got credit for that. So in the 2 days we were able to use the plan (check in and check out days) we racked up well over $2000 in charges, for about $500 with the credits. If you got it and want to do a lot of extra things u can still get your moneys worth. Oh we did the fishing also. We had 2 rooms last year and one of the rooms had the Premium Plan for 3 nites and the other room was able to use ski boats as you are renting boat and can take anyone even if they are not on plan. One other tidbit if you wanted to u could book Victoria and Alberts every nite
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
Eddy
Mouseketeer

oh ya 2 other things

I forget we also did fireworks cruise and I did the Richard Petty Ride along (I did this on a day I wasn't on Plan as they gave a voucher with package in the mail)
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #6
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

I looked into it because I thought it might be nice to do a luxury trip and include anything we wanted to do with the deluxe dining plan but there is not a lot of things on that list that I am really interested in doing to tell you the truth.

DH might like to do the driving experience and we might like to rent some jet skis but other than that we aren't really interested in all the tours and things.

So I decided against it.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: