Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #91
Anri
Mouseketeer

I think the only place I wouldn't go back to was Hollywood and Vine. We weren't terribly prepared for how loud it was going to be and the food was mediocre. I probably only liked the potatoes. Also we found the service to be the worst we've had, and we weren't expecting much. We had reservations and we still had to wait in the rain for 45 minutes. Our server didn't show up for 15 minutes, then when he did he said he didn't think we were his table and quickly passed us off on someone else. We couldn't get drink refills to save our life and our waitress was near impossible to flag down. We would have been in and out of there in 45 minutes, but instead we were there for nearly two hours because we couldn't get our check. Another bad experience was '50s Primetime Diner, but that was through no fault of the restaurant. My mom has an anxiety disorder and we should have known the heckling at the diner wouldn't be a good idea, but she really wanted to go. We loved the atmosphere as that was why we wanted to go and I really enjoyed our server, Uncle Dale, he was hilarious. My mom had a hard time with it, however, and spent the majority of the meal in the bathroom. Of course when she gathered her courage to come back, he was ragging on her, which only made her panic attacks worse. It's unfortunate because we really would have enjoyed the experience, but we should have known it would set off her anxiety.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #92
Manders77
Mouseketeer

Everyone likes different things. I never go by reviews and see for myself, but I will not return to Tusker House for Lunch, the selection was not to our liking. I spent more time trying to find something for DD, that finally a chef made DD chicken strips because she liked nothing else.

Also I will not go to Teppan Edo anymore. It doesn't compare to local Japanese steakhouses. We would rather use our Dining credits elsewhere.
Manders77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #93
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Boatwright's the food was not good at all. We just went their at the beginning of June. I had the gumbo and jambalaya. My wife had the past with shrimp. The jambalaya might have been the worst jambalaya I ever had and the gumbo tasted weird. My wife did not enjoy her pasta with shrimp. We left hungry and got sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich. Much better and cheaper than Boatwright's.

The other restaurants I would not go to are pizza planet and Tonys.

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:06 AM   #94
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

We had a disappointing experience at Sanaa, but I would be willing to give it another try. We found dinner at 'Ohana to be overrated, the food wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as we were expecting. I think I read too many reviews raving about 'Ohana dinner before we went.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #95
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Last trip - Biergarten. Food was great, management SUCKED! It was like they had never had a dinner rush before. People were waiting HOURS! Horrid

Electric Umbrella at one point - it was dirty, no decent choices

Was not impressed with La Hacienda. Small portions, rude staff, taste was off.

The Wave. Chef Boyardee quality/taste. Ugly restaurant.

Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #96
SunshineTaradise
Earning My Ears

No one has mentioned my never again. I will never go to Tokyo Dining again. My sister and I shared a bento box with salmon as the entrée portion. The sushi was bad and the salmon was REALLY SALTY and tasted strange. We both ended up with food poisoning later that night.

I actually enjoyed Tony's when we went for the first time our last trip. Sci-Fi was also really good.....
SunshineTaradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #97
mom2my3kids
Doesn't believe in the Tag Fairy

Coral Reef...deserts were good but the food was very small for the price...the only thing that saved this place was the fish tank..

Dec 14-20th 2013
Daytona/Universal/MNSSHP Sept 2011
Sept 2009 8 nights Pop Century
Sept 22nd-Sept 30th 2007 POP
October 2006, OKW,POP 6 night trip..
mom2my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #98
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

Well we eat in Disney at least 2-4 times per month and there are only a few places I wont return.
1 Hollywood and vine dinner but breakfast was good
2. Tony's was awful and my husband will eat anything
3. 1900 Park Fare both dinner and the characters were terrible
4. Chef Mickeys food is horrible but you go there for the characters so unless it is a birthday request we dont eat here for dinner only breakfast.

What shocked me was the hate for Ohana I have never had a bad meal there. I liked LeCellier food but the prices are insane now.

Otherwise it seemed on par for the most part.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #99
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Hollywood Brown Derby - pork chop was absolutely RAW in the center. We both lost our appetite real quick after that.

Flying Fish - once was enough.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Three cats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #100
momjeeps
DIS Veteran

We wouldn't do crystal palace again. To chaotic. And like a PP I think I was expecting more out of ohana. It wasn't bad. Just not as awesome as I expected. I think we would have enjoyed it more if I had been able to get an earlier ADR and it was earlier in our trip. It was a late ADR and our last night. 2 of our 4 kids fell asleep. One of them ate nothing and we of course still had to pay full price. Lapu Lapu and bread pudding were redeeming points for ohana.

Spring Break 2014 DLR PTR - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post50753138
November 2012 - 1st WDW Trip after a lifetime of DLR trips No Trip Report - But here is our Photo Book link
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AatGrNq0bOWbtg
momjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #101
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

1900 PF & The Brown Derby.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #102
KYDisneyDad
Mouseketeer

Agree that posts like these are subjective, but we are done with Le Cellier. Been there a few times last few years lunch and dinner. Love the atmosphere, service is spotty at best, but the main issue is quality of the steaks. They have always been good, not great.....not even close to great. You are basically getting a $23 filet and paying $46 for it. The steak quality is around that of a Longhorn chain (which we like!) we were expecting a much higher quality of steak based on the Le Cellier reputation.
Again, the meals were not bad, but the price versus the quality of the cut of steak is ridiculous . We are happy to pay premium prices for a premium steak, but Le Cellier is not it. Also have the same issue to a lesser extent with the Yachtsman.

Really hoping to try Shula's as we have heard they have the best quality steaks on property...
KYDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #103
KYDisneyDad
Mouseketeer

Oddly enough, we have never had a bad meal at OHanas for dinner or Tusker House for breakfast...... But wife thinks I'm not right in the head because on our one trip to Tonys at MK, I actually enjoyed my entree...
KYDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #104
knkmom
Earning My Ears

We went 4 years ago and I have to agree with Le Cellier! We waited forever even with our ADR, the food was bad, the service was even worse and we felt like we were sitting on top of everyone around us. The tables were way too close together!

knkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #105
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!

ABC Commissary--Went on our first trip in 2005 because we didn't know better. I still have nightmares about that place!

Yachtsman Steakhouse--Worst steaks my family has ever had! We walked out of there and said NEVER again!
DisneyStarWisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: